Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
connazz2
01 Apr 10 16:52
| Topic/replies: 101 | Blogger: connazz2's blog
i want to make my own anyone got any tips
Show More
Report sarky April 1, 2010 5:54 PM BST
The art of legging is a must read !!!
Report Muqbil April 1, 2010 6:01 PM BST
People seem to think there is some magical art form to creating a tissue.

It is as simple as saying to yourself what price would I lay / back horse a, b, c, d based on what you know / have studied about each horse. Ideally you would have a spreadsheet to calculate your figs to ensure they add up to 100%.

Do a few for fun, and then compare to;

a) Racing post

b) free timeform racecard from bf

c) the market on here

If you regularly have something price 30 and it's 2.5 on here your form study or analysis methods might need revision!
Report connazz2 April 1, 2010 6:02 PM BST
cheers bud
Report Muqbil April 1, 2010 6:06 PM BST
There was a feature on RUK a few months back featuring Eddie The Shoe, probably one of the best judges in the country. He was discussing with Richard H the methods they used to form their tissue prices. Checkout the ruk website to see if it is available to watch online.
Report connazz2 April 1, 2010 6:08 PM BST
cheers
Report jimnast April 1, 2010 6:11 PM BST
connazz

if you are serious then you must not ** by having a peep on here,it would be pointless you doing it if that was the case,do you understand percentages ?
Report Muqbil April 1, 2010 6:54 PM BST
jimnast, how many races do you price each day?
Report jimnast April 1, 2010 7:19 PM BST
nowadays muqbil only the ones where i am going,when i was just punting all flat races 10 furlongs or less plus all big handicaps and groupe races,on the jumps just hurdles and grade 1 chases.
Report jimnast April 1, 2010 7:29 PM BST
for two years when we only had southwell,lingfield and wollybags i did all southwell and wollybags left lingfield alone,was sorry to see great lieghs go i thought that was a punters paradise.
Report Muqbil April 3, 2010 9:31 AM BST
You must put some series hours in, jimnast!

I heard the shoe saying recently that he was one of those form book people that takes a while to formulate a view on a race. I am in this camp, over the years with the amount of racing, I find it impossible to keep an accurate handle on aeverything and concentrate of sprints & big handicaps during the turf season.
Report Lozzy April 5, 2010 9:56 PM BST
bless you !
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com