Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Value King
03 Apr 10 20:43
| Topic/replies: 279 | Blogger: Value King's blog
Just to let people know, I've done a small article about my Ante Post selections on my site if anyone wants to take a look :)

Cheers
Pause Switch to Standard View Grand National 2010 Ante Post
Show More
Report turnip turns April 3, 2010 9:45 PM BST
Will do VK ;)
Report turnip turns April 3, 2010 9:46 PM BST
VK,it might be an idea to put your sites address up again ;)
Report BAILES April 3, 2010 9:52 PM BST
wat is your website mate
Report Value King April 3, 2010 9:54 PM BST
Well, seen as though you asked...

www.thesprintking.moonfruit.com
Report Night Sight April 3, 2010 11:08 PM BST
Great stuff VK.
Report Value King April 4, 2010 9:17 AM BST
BFT won the SkyBet Chase in bad conditions, so he should be fine.

Although I do think the ground will dry out a bit before the race on Saturday.
Report Terry Venables April 4, 2010 10:05 AM BST
Great read as always VK

I'm in the SM & AS camp also, drying ground will help both.
Report Meat Loaf April 4, 2010 10:58 AM BST
Since when has the Grand National been a sprint??
Report turnip turns April 4, 2010 11:03 AM BST
ffs
Report Terry Venables April 4, 2010 11:09 AM BST
language TT ;)
Report enjbenjy April 4, 2010 11:11 AM BST
Was there any excuses for that Irish National run by Arbor? I know all the stats were against it anyway but it was a very poor run. I suppose if it's a plot the trainer would have knew the stats were against it and never put it in the race because of this.
Report trev w April 4, 2010 1:00 PM BST
nice piece again VK....but you will be shot down for aftertiming the prices ;) :^0
Report Value King April 4, 2010 4:26 PM BST
Meat, it will be all sprints after the National. Both the Lincoln and the National are two races I always enjoy to target that aren't sprints. That is why they have been included.

Trev, I thought the same about the prices, but the site wasn't up and running when I placed the bets so it's the best I could do :D
Report Meat Loaf April 4, 2010 5:01 PM BST
Only kidding Value King.

I actually thought it was an excellent write up and enjoyed reading your article about the National.

What is your next sprint you intend to cover?? do you just do handicaps or do you also do group/listed sprints?
Report Value King April 4, 2010 5:55 PM BST
Cheers for the support pal :)

The sprints I cover are Class 2/3 5f/6f handicaps only, with a decent sized field. I tend to have a look at the fixtures for the month ahead and note down races that could potentially be qualifiers. Sometimes the field size ends up small, so I ignore those. Having looked ahead, the next possibles are at Beverley on 14th April and Epsom on 21st April.
Report turnip turns April 4, 2010 7:05 PM BST
Cheveley Park swoops to buy Character Building

BY LEE MOTTERSHEAD 12:47PM 4 APR 2010

LEADING John Smith's Grand National hope Character Building will seek to mirror the achievement of Party Politics on Saturday after David and Patricia Thompson, the owners of Cheveley Park Stud, swooped to purchase the former Cheltenham Festival winner.

RELATED LINKS
» Grand National betting
» Grand National card
The Thompsons, who bought Party Politics just three days before he carried Carl Llewellyn to Grand National glory, have long been interested in the John Quinn-trained chaser, who, like the 1992 Aintree hero, will race in the colours of Patricia Thompson.

As a result of the change in ownership, Character Building, who is 20-1 for the Grand National, will now be ridden by a yet-to-be-named professional jockey and not amateur Jamie Codd, who had been lined up for the mount by previous owner John Wright.

Quinn told racingpost.com on Sunday afternoon: "I got a phone call early in the week and the owners were made a decent offer. A deal was struck and the horse was vetted 100 per cent sound on Saturday. The owners have asked that a professional jockey rides the horse and enquiries are being made."

In a further positive omen to Character Building's chance, Party Politics triumphed at Aintree five days before John Major was returned to Downing Street. This season's Grand National takes place less than one month before the expected May 6 general election.

Got to feel for Jamie Codd :|
Report Value King April 4, 2010 10:48 PM BST
Agree TT. Think he would have given him a fantastic ride myself.
Report Winnerallrite April 5, 2010 9:27 AM BST
value have you been on the nbetz website?
Report Value King April 5, 2010 6:05 PM BST
Nope. What is it?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com