Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
PARCHOUSE
31 Mar 10 23:05
Joined:
Date Joined: 16 Mar 07
| Topic/replies: 4,565 | Blogger: PARCHOUSE's blog
Has anybody heard if this is a definite runner?
Pause Switch to Standard View Flintoff - will he run?
Show More
Loading...
Report Me2 April 1, 2010 5:18 AM BST
I think there was a beano for the provincial press last week or the week before, or else I doubt we'd have got this out of Williams. Came across a mention. Yes, the horse is being aimed at the race. Has a bad foot of some sort, so I have supposed that like Mon Mome he does lots of swimming.
Report Me2 April 1, 2010 5:24 AM BST
Found it - I posted it in my Me1 carnation.


Wednesday 24th March 2010
Williams' Flintoff is currently 49th on the list and the trainer is hoping he too makes the final line-up on April 10. "Flintoff has had a problem with his foot, but he's in good form and is doing his work well. I hope he gets in," Williams added. "There's no time for a prep run before the National for him now, but he was second in the Midlands Grand National last year first time out so we wouldn't be worried about going to Aintree fresh."
Report Horsesforcourses April 1, 2010 5:30 AM BST
cheshireboy 31 Mar 21:48

my horse is 49 in the list ands I have more chance of running !

Straight from the horses's mouth so to speak - the owner's at least ;)
Report onthenoseinfo April 1, 2010 9:59 AM BST
should go for the Irish Nat imo...
Report sageform April 1, 2010 12:37 PM BST
Very nervous about backing the Beck horses that went to Vaughan and back to Williams. All have run poorly since.
Report Keith Lard April 1, 2010 2:00 PM BST
I do hope so. The more I look at it the more I think he's got a pretty good chance...
Report cheshireboy April 1, 2010 3:36 PM BST
Will take his place in Ireland on Monday, shame really as looking forward to Aintree and 4.5 miles but our intelligence tells us he has no chance of making cut.
Report cantspell April 1, 2010 3:38 PM BST
he is 2 closer after 2day i think it will be close
Report cheshireboy April 1, 2010 3:41 PM BST
agreed but can only see 5/6 coming out at best but you never know....
Report trev w April 1, 2010 3:44 PM BST
i make the cut 50...fwiw.
Report cantspell April 1, 2010 3:49 PM BST
i can see 5 more probables and there is always 1 that scopes badly near the race
Report cheshireboy April 1, 2010 3:49 PM BST
not if we stay in !!
Report cantspell April 1, 2010 3:52 PM BST
good luck wat ever u decide
Report trev w April 1, 2010 3:53 PM BST
i make you 39 ;)
Report cheshireboy April 1, 2010 3:55 PM BST
lets hope so mate, Irish and English in 5 days could be a little problematic !!!l
Report onthenoseinfo April 1, 2010 3:56 PM BST
i think you have a great chance in the irish myself cheshire....good luck whatever you do!
Report trev w April 1, 2010 3:58 PM BST
p. when would you have to decide by?
Report cheshireboy April 1, 2010 3:59 PM BST
Thanks, better day out mate at Fairyhouse and yes you never know he could do it depending on which Fred turns up !
Report cheshireboy April 1, 2010 4:03 PM BST
like you I guess we rang round yesterday and we felt Fred had little or no chance of getting in. Will travel to Ireland Sunday and be at the course Monday before we know final decs.....will be popular if we pull him out then....any excuses !!!!
Report trev w April 1, 2010 4:07 PM BST
nosey..whats the chances of irish going ahead...you been over to have a look
Report Deep Impact April 1, 2010 4:10 PM BST
Trev, ask him for a going stick reading from his back garden
Report onthenoseinfo April 1, 2010 4:10 PM BST
we keep getting proper rain for ten minute spells and then dry and windy, the inspection today says they are raceable so that's good news....
Report Deep Impact April 1, 2010 4:12 PM BST
This weekend's Easter Festival at Fairyhouse got the go ahead this afternoon following an inspection of the course.

The course which was waterlogged earlier this week is now raceable, but with further adverse weather forecast over the coming days the situation will continue to be monitored.


The current going is described as heavy.


:)
Report cheshireboy April 1, 2010 4:15 PM BST
marvellous !!
Report onthenoseinfo April 1, 2010 4:16 PM BST
Is Coleman over to ride him too?
Report cheshireboy April 1, 2010 4:20 PM BST
not sure as he likes the other VW runner.....know later today
Report onthenoseinfo April 1, 2010 4:27 PM BST
thanks again cheshire, biddicks claim would cancel any weight rise though!
Report cheshireboy April 1, 2010 4:29 PM BST
problem with Will is that he would struggle to do weight at anything below 11 stone ....what is he set to carry as unaware what top weight will be
Report trev w April 1, 2010 4:30 PM BST
about 11 st i think
Report onthenoseinfo April 1, 2010 4:34 PM BST
i think up 4lbs if seigemaster runs as they go off 11st 7lb and if the top two out then up 8lbs....
Report cheshireboy April 1, 2010 4:34 PM BST
he is currently on 10.7 with top weight on 11.3....that right ?.. so weights set to rise 9lbs or maybe less.
Agree that given light weights at bottom of the handicap it would be useful to claim, saying that if Aidan available he will ride
Report trev w April 1, 2010 4:35 PM BST
ok nosey...not off 11 10 then ?
Report Mikael D'Haguenet April 1, 2010 4:40 PM BST
Flintoff currently no47 with Chelsea Harbour and Razor Royale out. Willie Mullins seems likely to pull 3 out, Air Force One also Ireland bound. Made In Taipan and Lennon, at least, seem doubtful. That would be 41. Of course if Fairyhouse is a casualty it would all change again.
Report trev w April 1, 2010 4:42 PM BST
pablo will come out aswell i reckon
Report kelami April 1, 2010 4:43 PM BST
Notre Pere doubtful according to Dreaper.
Report McBain April 1, 2010 4:45 PM BST
Hmmm yes looks like top 40 is almost guaranteed for Flintoff then if he wasn't going to Ireland. Still time to pull him out when GN decs come out Monday lunchtime ;-)
Report onthenoseinfo April 1, 2010 4:53 PM BST
trev pretty sure i read it's 11, 7lb same as last year when notre came out....
Report marychain1 April 1, 2010 11:39 PM BST
good chance if he runs imo
Report Mikael D'Haguenet April 5, 2010 1:46 PM BST
cheshireboy 01 Apr 16:03

like you I guess we rang round yesterday and we felt Fred had little or no chance of getting in. Will travel to Ireland Sunday and be at the course Monday before we know final decs.....will be popular if we pull him out then....any excuses !!!!



shame about today.
Report trev w April 5, 2010 2:07 PM BST
:0 guess something came up :^0

you gonna keep royal rosa out now :(
Report cheshireboy April 5, 2010 5:27 PM BST
Guess I got it wrong but he is in Number 39 so bring it on...happy days
For the record he has only ran over 4 miles twice in his life....2nd in Midlands and 3rd in Scottish so I cannot believe he is 66/1 shot.
Given some cut he has a decent chance....
Report onthenoseinfo April 5, 2010 5:42 PM BST
:-( :-)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com