Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SEATHESTARS....NO1
04 Apr 10 20:13
| Topic/replies: 4,537 | Blogger: SEATHESTARS....NO1's blog
Sharpen yer pin folks and get ready for the ride of your life!
Pause Switch to Standard View Grand National, -- THE EQUINE LOTTERY
Show More
Report johnnie allen April 4, 2010 9:33 PM BST
Since it looks like my best guess won't get in the race I've got to revert to plan B ie the topical tip. With a gen election looming and a hung parliament the most likely outcome then the the only one that seems to fit is Dream Alliance - something along the lines of Gordon Brown/Alex Salmond/Nigel Farage/Nick Griffin. Eh?
Report lordnoise April 4, 2010 9:35 PM BST
I give up.
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 April 4, 2010 9:43 PM BST
We often hold grand national parties in our house. Go out to the bookies to put our bets on in the morning, then hold sweep stake for those at the party before the race, each of us puts a fiver in and if theres 10 at the party we each have 4 horses and the rules are much the sameness as a normal works sweep stake. Nibbles and loads of alcohol.

We never treat this race like any other. It is a lottery but at the same time is a great spectacle. Last year my jammy git of a brother backed the winner, £2.50 e/w mon mome at sp of 100/1. My sister backed Amberleigh house a few years previously. I have a good record in the race, i backed a few winners over the years and often get the winner and one or two placed but i have to admit, i do find myself having backed about 10 in the race and stake accordingly to price so if i do have the winner i make a profit and can brag to my family i done it again. It invariably came unstuck last year when my dad realised that i had dutched so many, and i was made to feel very small when after the race i realised i had not backed a single one of the first 4. But then again, i never back the favourite, i never back anything above 11stone and i look for a stayer that jumps well, that is often about 10 out of the 40 but usually prices are 16/1+.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com