Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ravage Again
06 Dec 21 18:52
| Topic/replies: 5,650 | Blogger: Ravage Again's blog
Seems like such a bargain as well

Just done a quick total up in the races it finished first won about 4500 to 5000 quid

And that includes 2500 for derby semi final win

Do not bad only needs to win another 7 times the amount of races and the dogs won 40k in prize money

Plus not really much racing before March need year in which dog will be approaching 3 years

Knew the fog would not sell and would ask a crazy stupid prize for it

Plus it just off the ferry and will improve lengths when trained by a professional trainer Laugh
Pause Switch to Standard View Ballymac Fairone 40,000 What A joke
Show More
Report SlippyBlue December 6, 2021 6:58 PM GMT
I thought I was hearing things when they said the reserve was 40 grand. Shocked

In other news Deerjet Sydney has been retired today I see. He was a grand dog and no doubt a great future at stud beckons for him.
Report Ravage Again December 6, 2021 7:13 PM GMT
With me being tight I do think dogs are vastly over prized as the prize money is shocking

It’s a bit better in Ireland but not that many large pots

But taking things into account I would have said 20 to 25k was a fair price

40k is bonkers
Report LoyalHoncho December 6, 2021 7:21 PM GMT
I agree with title post and yours too Slippy.  Did some unfortunate trainer, in the recent past, not buy an expensive Dowling which was almost immediately and very unluckily retired due to lameness?
On the breeding side I notice that Ballymac Miscula, who I presume is still a Dowling bitch, recently whelped 6 dogs and 1 bitch to Hiya Butt.  Great percentage of dogs - just what every breeder wants in a sire!  Is it unusual for the Ballymac operation to go outside for a sire?  Havana Bale Out scorched round Towcester last night as opposed to last week.
Be lucky.
Report wedge1 December 8, 2021 6:54 AM GMT
31 LINES OF FORM LISTED BELOW FOR BALLYMAC FAIRONE
TOTAL PRIZE MONEY OF €6,815
was surprised by that dog being listed was obviously a connived pr stunt
Report SHROPSHIRELAD December 8, 2021 7:34 AM GMT
Anyone that pays more than £10K For that wants their head examined, mainly to see whether or not there is a brain lodged in there…..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com