Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dr . atkins
05 Aug 21 17:36
| Topic/replies: 35,615 | Blogger: dr . atkins's blog
dogs missing the break every race so what now we going to have either something done to the traps or doggy hare driving
Pause Switch to Standard View what have romford done to the traps...
Show More
Report now wheres that switch!!! August 5, 2021 7:35 PM BST
Doc.. I’ve been saying it for a while now, hate driving is the biggest concern in the game. Wildly varying hare distances, speed at trap release etc. Bookmakers prob got their own reps doing the job!!
Report dr . atkins August 5, 2021 7:43 PM BST
some of the breaks today were laughable and i only saw few races
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 5, 2021 7:44 PM BST
Day and age your think
Set program flick a switch
Hare driven a right speed for the right grade
And distance technology surly about
Report now wheres that switch!!! August 5, 2021 7:48 PM BST
You would think so.. but at some point it’s manually taken over I heard, in order to keep a certain distance from lead dog..?
Report now wheres that switch!!! August 5, 2021 7:48 PM BST
Depending on which track and what’s leading, that can be anywhere from 15m away to only 2m Laugh
Report sparrow August 6, 2021 10:07 AM BST
Hare driving is something surprisingly rare for Greyhound people to comment on yet it is probably has the most influence on a race you can think of. I am a little out of touch these days and assumed it was all automatically operated now but the above comments suggest otherwise. Certainly I can remember always looking at the hare distance when at Clapton as I knew of the hare driver there!
Report michael59 August 6, 2021 11:23 AM BST
i was at crayford weds morning meeting and standing outside there wasnt a race where the whirring sound of the  motors of the hare were constant , it was up and down especially at the 3 rd bend
Report SlippyBlue August 6, 2021 12:34 PM BST
At Henlow in the days when it was a right gaff track, I can remember "I'll go evens the hare" in running being shouted out!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com