Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
clacton
05 Jul 21 13:29
| Topic/replies: 2,187 | Blogger: clacton's blog
Derby Draw made today
Show More
Report clacton July 5, 2021 1:30 PM BST
1 NEWINN SESSION   2  DEERJET SYDNEY   3  BALLYMAC FAIRONE   4  KILARA LION   5  BALLYMAC WILD   6  THORN FALCON(W)
Report Ravage Again July 5, 2021 3:26 PM BST
Trap 2 and trap 3 ante post bettors gotcha luv that draw
Report LoyalHoncho July 5, 2021 7:21 PM BST
Draw made when - about 12 noon or thereabouts, and still not up on the rpgtv/RP website.  And people reckon they are great promoters of the sport?  Absolutely pathetic!
Report clacton July 5, 2021 7:32 PM BST
Just sent them an e-mail. Dont suppose it will get a mention.
Report clacton July 5, 2021 7:36 PM BST
Too busy reading Tina's nonsense.
Report LoyalHoncho July 5, 2021 7:47 PM BST
Thanks case for comment on other thread.  I have got decent draws and am hopeful of Fairone blasting out again.  Am covered whichever way it goes anyway.
I get all the criticism of the track - don't necessarily agree with it all but I get it.  But for me it is a clear fact that we have got a top class final, which in itself has to be complimentary to the track, don't you think?
Newinn Session  closely matched with Deerjet, has Pestana's scalp on formcard, multi semi-finalist in Ireland and 600 winner.
Deerjet Sydney  Current Derby champ in final again
Ballymac Fairone  new kid on the block with great credibility here
Kilara Lion  might be outsider but has run with huge credit
Ballymac Wild  serial/multi big competition finalist in Ireland
Thorn Falcon  has raced with great credit
I get the dislike of the venue.  It is a compromise and takes away from the great characteristic of dog racing, that of being right up at the action, but where do we go to change it?
Good luck to all concerned, particularly the dogs themselves.  We'll just have to hope all come through unscathed.
Report metro john July 5, 2021 9:24 PM BST
It's a great final, layers should love it. I am not a fan of the track, but have enjoyed laying one or two, betting is impossible not much between hounds that have to lead to win? Not quite bingo racing, but not far off, the proper wides look at a disadvantage to my eyes, Thorn Falcon is one of a kind, but this track is not his ideal, with the sand looking so deep and loose, I hope he pings it and wins it but unless you believe what I just said you could not go near it in the final.
Report casemoney July 5, 2021 9:41 PM BST
Would not write Wild off , wins from any box think will frame up at Least
Report Ravage Again July 5, 2021 10:48 PM BST
My offer of 4-6 the red box winning the final could be a little tight

Go on its 10-11 to the betfair trap 1 fanboy Mischief
Report cherubim July 6, 2021 12:59 PM BST
My reading of the draw  for what it’s worth seems to offer all dogs accept  trap 1 a pretty even chance. Trap 1 in most instances  is a poisoned chalice  although he came away in the semi he will have Sydney bearing down on him from trap rise. Personally on the 2 at 12/1 and the 5 e/w at 60/1  first 6 . If I had a free bet now with no prior interest in the race   I would bet Sydney
Report LoyalHoncho July 6, 2021 2:49 PM BST
Your e/w 5 is inspired - well done.  For me, if Fairone repeats semi start it is all over.  Can Liam Dowling get the one, two?  Can't see anything outside leading him and Deerjet will stay tight rails and probably hinder Newinn.  Five railers though so trouble looks certain, somewhere.
Good luck dogs.
Report ItsMeSwaddle July 6, 2021 3:52 PM BST
Had Falcon as only bet before start, sweet if wins.
Report the bairn July 6, 2021 4:22 PM BST
surely 1-2 or 3 all cannot sleep in the boxes, myself, i'm going for 2 to lead all the way. cheers.
Report frank60 July 6, 2021 6:32 PM BST
Ballymac Fairone has improved Immeasurable during the derby. I think his right price is around 6/4. if you look around you might get 5/2 good luck
Report sparrow July 6, 2021 6:43 PM BST
As I said on the other thread I think Fairone looks to be peaking at the right time.
Report metro john July 11, 2021 1:16 PM BST
Falcon did itCoolLove Obviously the ground in his semi final was slower than given, it was loose,
The final run looked more to his suiting, what an amazing greyhound, the Alberto Juantorena of the Greyhound World.
Report LoyalHoncho July 11, 2021 2:56 PM BST
Obviously?  Don't see that one.  The dog won well and his kennelmate was well juiced up to be the inside blocker - the dog's never bounced like that in its puff!.  A touch of the Aidan O'Briens there for me.  Well done all backers but run the race again this Saturday coming and I'd bet on yet another form turnaround.  In fact that is my criticism of this Derby.  From Saturday to the next one we could never bank on, or come anywhere near expecting, a dog to repeat it's form of the Saturday before.  A very inconsistent web of form at this track.  And don't confine that to the Derby - look at Droopys Aoife last night if you want any confirmation - a 9L turnaround in form.
I've won on this Derby even if all my a/p's got turned over last night so no pocket talk here I can assure you.
And well done Peter Cronin - he;s had a great couple of Saturday.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com