Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Deptford
26 Jun 21 11:25
| Topic/replies: 31,067 | Blogger: Deptford's blog
Trys to talk over TB when he is having a pop, a gravy train coward of the highest order, hang your head in shame.
Pause Switch to Standard View Darrell Williams, gutless
Show More
Report HGS June 26, 2021 9:48 PM BST
Made plenty from the gravy dept. Nowt changes.
Report dieselten June 27, 2021 11:51 AM BST
Bloke is a disgrace. How does anyone who stutters and is awkward and nervous get on tv is beyond me. Puts nothing back into the game. Bore off.
Report ballyregan June 27, 2021 7:41 PM BST
when the lovely linda bellingham sadly passed away a few years ago bisto gravy missed a huge trick not signing darryl up as there ambassador
Report Deptford June 27, 2021 7:53 PM BST
LaughLaughLaugh
Report now wheres that switch!!! June 27, 2021 7:55 PM BST
Was worrying is there are far worse on the channel too!!
Report LoyalHoncho June 28, 2021 3:58 AM BST
He had a share in a Derby finalist a couple of years back so he's put something into the game.
Report irishone June 28, 2021 6:16 AM BST
The worst type of broadcaster
Says "its interesting isnt it ?" so many times
its actually fecking boring
Its so interesting that he doesnt get involved with it
He just "puts it out there"
.... a complete and utter SPINELESS presenter
Report go racing June 28, 2021 7:08 AM BST
The original fence sitter….protecting his 10 individual jobs , average at all of them. Anything controversial he quickly tries to cover it up, bit like fat Phil. No wonder the game is in a state with front men like him. What he don’t realise is if he don’t let people have there say then he maybe down to just four jobs.
Tanya is apparently standing down for being so annoying, spineless Williams could do with letting someone else with balls take over a few of his shifts!
Report LoyalHoncho June 29, 2021 4:52 AM BST
It;s a dreadful show, no matter who's on, primarily because the fat controller has them all so brinashed they won't even broach anything controversial.  My one prediction is this.  At some stage after the final they will review the comp. and as sure as apples is apples fat JK will say "Look, it had it's issues but they;ve put on a marvellous Derby.  We;ve had a great final and we should all be absolutely delighted"!
Of course no mention or discussion on or of those issues!
Gura an teed!  Laugh
Report now wheres that switch!!! June 29, 2021 8:10 AM BST
The show is no worse than itv racing IMO. It provides pictures of all the racing every evening which 15 years ago would have been thought of as a pipe dream. What is talked about and how subjects are covered is pretty immaterial tbf. We all know bookmakers own the sport, no different to when talksport presenters are silenced etc.
Report LoyalHoncho June 29, 2021 2:51 PM BST
And I rarely watch ITV racing either.  All I want is pictures, not endless Cumani pointing out another female in a crowd or"Tina" drivel and the like.  I can - and do - get them here.  Tony is worth a watch/listen, as is Fortune, but apart from them, for me, it is absolute drivel.
Report the.mad.dog.man June 29, 2021 4:23 PM BST
tony and brown alright the rest a waste of time and that dave clark thinks he knows it all mute button for him
Report now wheres that switch!!! June 29, 2021 4:31 PM BST
Agree that Tony is ok, but Ali… oh dear oh dear, average sectional this and that..!! Guesser of the highest order!
Report irishone June 29, 2021 6:04 PM BST
The times daceclark has gone bananas on a dog
.....and it gets beat
Report irishone June 29, 2021 6:04 PM BST
*dave clark
Report Ravage Again June 29, 2021 7:21 PM BST
It be good if Tanya getting booted off she’s awful

Tony is good but he picks far too many short price favourites

Ali and Dave are the best by far

Though Dave needs to just concentrate on opens and maybe one or two graded tracks

He seems to think he should be an expert on all graded tracks
Report SHROPSHIRELAD June 30, 2021 2:03 AM BST
Is that correct Rose Draper on two nights on the trot?

Seems a Nice enough young lass but she could bore for England

Ali Brown puts the work in but he’s a bit of a dullard to say the least, terrific one day batsman, should be a pundit on the cricket

Tony Bullen does well enough and he also tries to have a bit of fun too

Jason clueless on racing but at least he also has a bit of fun

Dave Clark things he knows it all, he doesn’t , neither do any of us

Tanya is far more suited to the horse racing

Darrell too many fingers in too many pies, ends up being a Jack of all trades but a master of none

Errol good commentator and link man but weak in race assessment and tipping

Phil a safe pair of hands as a presenter but a little bit dull and tries too hard to sit in the fence
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 30, 2021 3:48 AM BST
I've no real opinion on any of them but if they want to go on and get their duece enough said surely, one thing i will say though, when the Hawk won his 2nd Derby, around the time Errol was the best commentator in the game bar none, he's regressed sadly
Report dieselten June 30, 2021 7:00 PM BST
He unbelievably took a week off. So has 3 shifts this week at rpgtv!
Report Ravage Again June 30, 2021 10:06 PM BST
You summed them up very well sslsd that would be pretty much how I see it too

The best judge / tipster who never seems on any more was Carly Philpot

Good on opens and graded at crayford
Report shiner June 30, 2021 10:22 PM BST
why dont u all hit the mute button and be thankful youve still got a sport to watch
Report dieselten July 1, 2021 8:59 AM BST
I do watch it. I go to the track and watch my greyhounds run so I dont have to tune in to the amateur channel that is RPGTV. Thanks for your concern.
Report LoyalHoncho July 1, 2021 3:45 PM BST
I've gone beyond the mute button shiner, I don't watch at all.  Interesting that you feel the show is good for greyhound racing though.  I really would enjoy finding out how?  I'm sure many are like me - I pay nothing into greyhound racing to watch the show, as it is free, I pay nothing into greyhound racing as I never bet with a bookmaker nowadays and I pay nothing into greyhound racing as I am no longer an owner.
If the show has attracted new owners in their hordes I would also be very surprised.
I do however, and as often as possible, make a donation to the RGT, but that has not been encouraged by rpgtv either.
So just what does the show do for greyhound racing.  Julie's charity bash falling out of planes and old whatsisname's who did such sterling work for GOSH is about it as far as I can see!
Report apassagetobangkok July 2, 2021 1:45 PM BST
I'm sure all the presenters/pundits have their private views on the state of greyhound racing but the simple fact is that RPGTV is a bookmaker sponsored channel and speaking out will likely cost them their jobs. It's inevitable that the golden goose will be killed at some point but how many of us would sacrifice our livelihood for our principles? It would take a brave and commendable person to do that, but could also be viewed as being foolish and not worth it - hence the fence sitting and steering away from controversial issues on the programme. Obviously we know that some of the presenters/pundits will push the envelope a bit more than others.
Like any work place some people are better than others at their jobs but there's nobody I can't stand. Have a soft spot for Errol as been watching him since he did "Paws for Thought" before Hackney on a Saturday and you need fun people like Jason to attract a wider audience. Think JK and TB are both very shrewd and well worth listening to their opinion.
Report Captain carnage July 2, 2021 3:36 PM BST
TV coverage for greyhound racing is massive just like any sport or activity.

It helps generate revenues thorough increased betting turnover, general awareness of the sport, encourages sponsors,
ownersm breeders and trainers to invest etc etc etc
Report now wheres that switch!!! July 2, 2021 3:50 PM BST
Sadly, this thread reflects the problems with greyhound racing. A high percentage of those involved are just stuck in the dark ages, how good it was to bet in farthings and shillings blah blah blah.. Half of them probably haven’t noticed that trains now run without steam power etc. The channel is what it is (a bookmaker product) and they show a lot of racing live which is no bad thing. The people wondering about the panel/tipsters… do you really think anyone worth their salt would bother going on for a bottle or so a night..?
Report LoyalHoncho July 3, 2021 2:27 AM BST
Thanks for your enlightenment switch.  We would never have worked that out for ourselves.   Have you ever heard them air your views about bent haredriving?  Laugh  I wonder what Tina's opinion is?
Report HGS July 3, 2021 9:14 AM BST
Nowt wrong with the dark ages. If it's on TV, it can be commented on or should we just be grateful without comment. Yes it is a bookmaker product which is why you can watch it on any platform you like without all the bollox. That is, if you can get out of the dark age which I would have back in a heartbeat. My 2 fav tracks long gone. Sad
Report LoyalHoncho July 3, 2021 10:24 AM BST
Great point HGS.  I concur.
Report now wheres that switch!!! July 3, 2021 10:38 AM BST
I think length of hare both as traps open and during races has been discussed… although Tina thought it was something to do with pony tails Laugh. Keep winning plenty all
Report SlippyBlue July 3, 2021 12:24 PM BST
They'd have to pay me a great deal more than a carpet a night to say "and Tina's been on".The very thought makes me cringe.
Report sparrow July 3, 2021 8:19 PM BST
1/7 Aayamza but what price should she be asks Darrell with the answer staring him in the face at 1.27 on the exchange. Laugh
Report dieselten July 4, 2021 5:51 PM BST
Last night Rpgtv twitter. Williams does piece to camera which was a cringe fest and had the neck to say Richard double shift Harkness was on! This guy is unbelievable fack off.
Report now wheres that switch!!! July 4, 2021 6:57 PM BST
Wow.. far too many people with nothing going on in their lives to worry about who is on RPGTV when…
Report clacton July 4, 2021 7:24 PM BST
It's Williams this week, it will be someone else from RPGTV next week. Pathetic.
Report HallGreenSpy July 5, 2021 10:14 PM BST
I agree with HGS
Report irishone July 8, 2021 8:40 AM BST
It is what it is.....

What a cop out
Heard so many times at the nuremburg trials
"When i complained to Adolf....he said it is what it is"
Report irishone July 8, 2021 8:47 AM BST
"There is still a funny smell on our patio" said Rose to Fred West ..... " it is what it is sweetheart" said Fred.
Report wedge1 July 8, 2021 6:27 PM BST
why on earth does anyone watch rpgtv it is so far behind bookmakers coverage
Report SlippyBlue July 9, 2021 7:46 PM BST
Ali Brown said this a bit earlier tonight when they were talking about tipping. He actually said that if Dave (Clark) tipped a dog on there at say 2/1, it could quite easily go off at odds on simply because of him tipping it.You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried. The omnipresent level of sychophancy on RPGTV just does not have any bounds.

Jesus wept  Cry
Report ballyregan July 10, 2021 10:12 AM BST
saw darryl and the gang at starsport derby lunch hopefully the gravy tasted good
Report Ravage Again July 10, 2021 10:32 AM BST
It could be true slippy

The bookies don’t take a bet now

Don’t take much to get a dog early prices 2-1 to odds on now with these stupid industry make the prices as you go along

The first two favourite industry prices are nailed to the floor and ho off so short now

If slippyblue was running in the final tonight he’ll be a 5-4 poke Laugh
Report Winja July 10, 2021 12:08 PM BST
has morticia had her railings veneered.....just looks like a larger row of choppers this morning.......
Report ballyregan July 10, 2021 12:28 PM BST
i think her new teeth are a good buy imo
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com