Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
now wheres that switch!!!
07 May 21 14:16
| Topic/replies: 1,552 | Blogger: now wheres that switch!!!'s blog
Would it be a criminal offence if the hare drivers were deliberately changing speeds of the hare to lead to more bunched/messy races..?
Pause Switch to Standard View Hare driving..
Show More
Report Takethepaintoftherails May 7, 2021 4:42 PM BST
no, Sunderland do it often enough
Report now wheres that switch!!! May 7, 2021 5:27 PM BST
But surely it would be a fraudulent practice.., bringing the sport into disrepute..? The only way some of the races being run like they are at present is with something not right with the hare speeds etc.
Report LoyalHoncho May 7, 2021 5:39 PM BST
A fraudulent practice?  lmao.  The whole of greyhound racing and the betting which ensues comprises fraudulent practice on a daily basis!   If the trainer and kennel inside knowledge, passed on to punters etc; etc; etc;, was practised in the city there would be jailings by the dozen every week!  lmao.  I honestly can't believe what i have just read.  It is the long term deception of the spectating punters which has seen the terraces emptied!!!
Report now wheres that switch!!! May 7, 2021 6:02 PM BST
Disagree honcho, the Hare driver is possibly the most important person in the sport. It doesn’t matter which trainers pass on info or hatch plans if the person who can affect a result during the course of a race does so.
Report now wheres that switch!!! May 7, 2021 6:05 PM BST
I’m pretty sure if the old “ teddy onto the track “ stunt was pulled again, said person would find their way to jail. Why would a hare driver be any different..?
Report LoyalHoncho May 7, 2021 6:57 PM BST
And you're suggesting that that happens on a regular basis because "he" knows HOW it will affect the result?   I can't stop laughing.
Report SlippyBlue May 7, 2021 7:46 PM BST
It happened at Catford one night, it was a mate of mine but I had no idea he was involved until I saw him at cricket practice a few days later. His hands and arms were in pieces after he scrambling over the barbed wire fencing by the 6th bend in a 555 metre open race. He was chased by half a dozen blokes but they couldn't catch him !
Report now wheres that switch!!! May 7, 2021 9:37 PM BST
He doesn’t need to know how it will affect the result, just the fact it affects the nature of a race is enough. Never in 40 years of greyhound racing have there been so many races with grouping up off the third bend, so many dogs stumbling at start and miraculously getting back into the race. So many leaders swinging unnaturally wide off the final bend etc. It happens to be when the bookmakers own more and more tracks... just saying....
Report LoyalHoncho May 8, 2021 3:43 AM BST
So you've been to every meeting, at every track, every day for the last forty years?  pmsl.  Do you realise just how stupid you are looking?  Pointless even talking with you.
Report now wheres that switch!!! May 8, 2021 8:55 AM BST
Clearly not honcho, but if you have a pair of mince pies, try looking at some racing yourself. Maybe you will be able to explain some of the goings on.... think some have already alluded to at some tracks.. it was just a question at the start..? Are you an aspiring hare driver per chance...?
Report shoodacoodadidnt May 8, 2021 12:44 PM BST
I think you're right Honcho about the general demise. Gets worse instead of better AND I think hare driving is a good way to give the big bookmakers the unpredictability they like .... so... all good points .... I wonder if it would be popular if it was clean - we'll never know
Report now wheres that switch!!! May 26, 2021 5:57 PM BST
Even though I benefitted, have a look at the 5:54 Monmore race and try say they were not playing with the hare off the last....
Report gonnabeclose May 27, 2021 1:29 PM BST
Switch, you started a thread regarding crooked hare driving. Over 2 weeks since your last post and if the 5.54 is your best example then you are talking nonsense. Normal length hare, 5 got to leader and waited.
Report ItsMeSwaddle August 17, 2021 3:16 PM BST
Dont do Sunderland, tuned in, is it normal there for the hare to come round at 400mph when the lids open?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com