Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
02 Apr 21 00:06
| Topic/replies: 41,691 | Blogger: casemoney's blog
What percentage should one factor in when having a bet on Greyhounds ?  People may say it works both ways I disagree with that of Course on the Odd occasion it does ...

Perhaps one of the most used words in greyhound racing  is " DESPERATE " if a study was carried out over say 1000 Races  ,What percentage of results would include the "L FACTOR"

The %  would be interesting to know , I would say around 10/15 % of Losing bets would be involved  perhaps 5% the other way .. I will add a List of L FACTOR happenings tomorrow Grin
Show More
Report casemoney April 2, 2021 12:09 AM BST
BTW this is not a moaning thread after years of Punting dogs we are all aware anything can and on a bad run probably will happen . Happy
Report casemoney April 2, 2021 1:11 PM BST
I would say more luck involved than any other sport , Think of the Big Comps how much is a dog winning the Derby down to the Luck of the Draw or Staying Fit .
Report diddlydee1 April 2, 2021 2:35 PM BST
grading racing is akin to doing the lottery at some tracks...
Report casemoney April 2, 2021 3:28 PM BST
Add in an Unknown Bias when playing on the Earlies Grin

Dogs falling out of the box 

Selection being attacked by a lunatic During races

Races being stopped due to dogs running the wrong way after a fall

Dog going wrong During race

Must be plenty more , the list is endless

Nailed Dogs , Live dogs Laugh
Report casemoney April 2, 2021 3:32 PM BST
Feet getting caught In Muzzle

Dogs turning in box
Report casemoney April 2, 2021 10:43 PM BST
Will add betting unknown Lunatics Grin
Report GTFI April 3, 2021 10:40 AM BST
1st and 2nd having a fight feet before the line as 3rd - (now the winner) runs past them
Report GTFI April 3, 2021 10:42 AM BST
Dogs too busy trying to dig a hole in the traps to get to the Bitches to realise the trap door opened 10 secs ago
Report casemoney April 3, 2021 12:12 PM BST
Laugh its all part and parcel of your investment , Imagine telling someone who knew nowt about dogs your having a bet but this is what can go Wrong in any given race Laugh
Report casemoney April 3, 2021 12:13 PM BST
I should imagine they would walk quickly away Grin
Report casemoney April 3, 2021 12:17 PM BST
The old code layers back slappers fest at the 7th bend , all of a sudden Mike Tysons sister arrives on the Scene .
Report casemoney April 3, 2021 12:20 PM BST
Back in the day you had the occasional Chair thrown onto a track Laugh
Report casemoney April 3, 2021 12:21 PM BST
All that and I aint mentioned the Hare Breaking down Laugh
Report casemoney April 3, 2021 12:28 PM BST
WE have had Dogs escaping from Kennels to join in races ,that 10-15% is beginning to look a bit low TBH .
Report GTFI April 3, 2021 1:07 PM BST
Watched one the other day,  he took the lead off him putting him in the traps,  and the dog bolted from him,   did his own race while the other 5 were still in the boxes lmao.  yup,  it got voided of course
Report GTFI April 3, 2021 1:08 PM BST
It proved one thing though,  they dont need a hare to chase,  he did a full circuit running after feckall :)
Report casemoney June 29, 2021 2:25 PM BST
A new one has hit the list , the possibility of your selection being fired into orbit as the traps open .
Report LoyalHoncho June 29, 2021 3:20 PM BST
I've always known that GTFI.  Have seen, and several times, as I'm sure many have, traps being triggered early ( for whatever reason ) and the full six pack chasing bu gger all for the full race trip. I also once saw the same field boxed again after the last and the race ran - and that on a warm summer's night!  Criminal really.  And I agree with case - the Derby has long since been an endurance test where good luck is an essential.  But we keep coming back for more.  Plain
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com