Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Aladdin Sane
09 Sep 19 09:02
| Topic/replies: 2,495 | Blogger: Aladdin Sane's blog
Saturday 7th September, 7.39 Limerick:

4-5, Evens, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1 and 2-1....................238.89%!! Come racing!!

(If anyone is interested, one of the co-outsiders of 4 won the race!)
Pause Switch to Standard View Is this the worst margin ever?
Show More
Report Aladdin Sane September 9, 2019 9:36 AM BST
Er, the answer to my original question is “no”, as on the same evening at Tralee we have 252.2%!!

4-5, Evens, 6-4, 6-4, 2-1 and 2-1............Absolutely ridiculous.

The other races on the card returned 223.33%, 213.33, 205, 205, 233.32, 206.9, 195.24, 203.81 and 197.22..
Report the.mad.dog.man September 9, 2019 9:42 AM BST
be on bags soon then
Report starship September 9, 2019 9:48 AM BST
say next year they went 3/1 all teams to win the premier league'
betting to 500%......would u have a bet?
Report ThirdTimeLucky September 9, 2019 10:00 AM BST
They had no problem putting up a few bigger prices there a few Thursdays ago. Laugh
Report Return to Dublin September 9, 2019 10:03 AM BST
of course you would if you make your selection a shorter price than 3/1 .
Report starship September 9, 2019 10:34 AM BST
correct
Report privatehire September 9, 2019 11:31 AM BST
Would it be a case of sell evrything to bet man city n liverpool level stakes at 3/1. Stuff of dreams.Laugh
Report starship September 9, 2019 12:08 PM BST
agree, i know percentages matters,
but if a bookie goes up price over the price u make it.......you take it
Report dr . atkins September 9, 2019 12:23 PM BST
ok starship i tell crayford to bet 200 percent good luck on the year
Report Aladdin Sane September 9, 2019 1:36 PM BST
Starship, I understand your point entirely but I think, and I hope you don’t mind me saying, that your analogy is slightly flawed in that the Premier League is contested by 20 teams of vastly contrasting abilities, whereas a graded greyhound race is, in theory, made up of 6 participants who, on all known evidence, are likely to be of very similar ability.
I can’t imagine that there were many (if any) greyhounds on that whole Tralee card that were priced up bigger by the bookie than any punter made them...
Report SlippyBlue September 9, 2019 1:40 PM BST
I can remember going to Tralee dog track after a day at the horse racing festival. Most of the punters (if not all) were totally wrecked  of course and in one race there were 3 odds on pokes and 9/4 the outsider of 6 Shocked
Report wondersobright September 9, 2019 1:51 PM BST
anyone who fancies a bit of 3/1 man city, send me your details & I'll arrange for a courier to come round & pick up your stake money Laugh
Report wondersobright September 9, 2019 1:51 PM BST
arbers & winners welcome Grin
Report irishone September 9, 2019 2:57 PM BST
Exactly the same at galway, only two bookies ...but what do you expect ? They dont take a lot, and what they do take has to pay their xxxx s.
Report apassagetobangkok September 15, 2019 11:06 AM BST
If they reduced their overrounds from absolutely diabolical to merely very poor, then they would take a lot more bets. Irish punters are not stupid and would have a bet if the odds weren't so shockingly bad. It's a bit like the bureaux de change in airport - nobody in their right mind would buy their foreign currency there because of the outrageous rates, but if they reduced it to only a little worse than the high street they would make a lot more profit. Simple economics. Can't see any point in the bookies being there at Tralee, Limerick and other tracks - a complete waste of their and everybody else's time.
Report ItsMeSwaddle September 15, 2019 2:02 PM BST
Was at Newcastle Thursday.

Prices were poor but not disgraceful.
Report ItsMeSwaddle September 15, 2019 2:08 PM BST
To add to the economics argument, we are a group of 4 youngish lads.

2 of us savvy to the workings of the exchange, I like to support the bookies where i can but have a chance at the target of the cash race so didnt have a bet.

The other two placings bets on 365, simple reasoning:
1) Dont have to go outside or engage in the any conversation
2)"Its exactly the same prices"
3)Dont carry cash around.
4)Get the odd bonus for turning a certain amount over.

Ill give UK dog racing 10 years tops.
Report Aladdin Sane September 29, 2019 4:46 PM BST
We have a new leader!

Tralee 8.44 Saturday 28th Sept...

Incredibly the SP’s were 4-5, 6-4, 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 and 6-4!!

A truly remarkable 255.56%!!

I wonder if we’ll ever get Evens joint favourites of 6 and hit the magical 300% mark?
Report kevo September 29, 2019 5:14 PM BST
Were the bookmakers wearing masks?
Report clayfield1 September 30, 2019 1:33 PM BST
Askern used to bet 5/4 each of 6 in a newcomers race, ie all dogs 1st time on, that was when Steve Robinson and Barry Gill were the track bookies
Report Dodadae2 October 1, 2019 12:04 AM BST
Sane, I've never really looked at Irish dog racing before, but notice it a bit more as they've been put on bags. Anyway, having read your threads I decided to look at results myself. Can't believe the results on r post website can be correct!! Looking at results at Longford, the 830 race had 2/1 co favs for all six dogs!! Ok. Only 200%. But it seems like 2/1 is max price that gets returned. Another race had 5/4 followed by five 2/1 shots. Is this just bookmaker/bags fodder? Surely track bookies cannot be doing any business?
Report Stow_judge October 2, 2019 5:55 PM BST
This is a regulation failure and represents a gross dereliction of duty by those “running” our sport. The SPs in the UK & Ireland should be regulated and limits should be set, for the protection of punters. They should be allowed to show prices of their choice, but the SPs should be regulated & factored back to a fair SP. "Factored back" SP bets should be available to on course punters and it should be requirement of those holding a license.

For the CSF, this happens. Regardless of the prices returned, the formula factors the CSF dividend back to a less obscene in-built profit for the bookmakers. For the chart forecasts (Non Bags), this is not the case! If the SPs are really obscene, the chart forecast is similarly obscene. Another example of a gross dereliction of duty by those “running” our sport.

The absolutely obscene on course tote retentions should also be regulated.
Report Stow_judge October 2, 2019 6:01 PM BST
Of course the Irish markets differ from the English markets due to how the sport is regulated in the two countries. In the UK, we have tight bookmaker control of the sport & time finding by large amounts, is in general, not allowed. In Ireland, it's a bit more like the wild west, where you can seemingly find as much time as you like! This results in the bookmakers being extremely cautious in the betting. So, you can't really compare the two markets in the same sense.
Report Aladdin Sane October 13, 2019 7:35 PM BST
Apologies for bumping this up to the top again, but when you see the SP’s from the 8.59 at Tralee last night you’ll understand why!

Evens, Evens, Evens, 6-4, 6-4 and 6-4 - an astounding 270%!!!

Words completely fail me.......
Report garryc October 13, 2019 9:11 PM BST
not great aladdin but if you look closely one of them might be value,
Report woodmanchester October 14, 2019 7:16 PM BST
I had the same experience one Memorial night at Limerick

Bet on the Tote, much fairer! Wink
Report irishone October 14, 2019 9:29 PM BST
Absolutely raking it in
Week after week out in the rain
Easy money for you lads
Forget brexit
Get yerselves over here and get a pitch