Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
02 Jun 18 18:16
| Topic/replies: 46,851 | Blogger: casemoney's blog
ASh wins the first ?? 

playing 24 26 casts
Show More
Report casemoney June 2, 2018 6:24 PM BST
bottom raving
Report casemoney June 2, 2018 6:30 PM BST
Won well
Report sparrow June 2, 2018 6:32 PM BST
Camera angles poor on RPGTV.
Report wondersobright June 2, 2018 7:49 PM BST
close up shots are back CryCryCry just when you think the sport can't go down the sh1tter any deeper and then it does
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 8:07 PM BST
Not his biggest fan but credit to Clark with an "E" for digging that one out - Ridgedale.
Report casemoney June 2, 2018 8:10 PM BST
Tony Put it and Fats as well  Happy Wp I thought 6 was a Good thing but only played couple of casts
Report casemoney June 2, 2018 8:26 PM BST
Bluebird Poor there  6 very impressive
Report dr . atkins June 2, 2018 8:27 PM BST
front runners track fast
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 8:35 PM BST
Another Jansenns/Wallis heads up here.  I think it is more than a rivalry now.  They love to beat the other for me.
Report sparrow June 2, 2018 8:41 PM BST
5 dog in the marathon from Ireland might be worth a small place bet at a big price.
Report SlippyBlue June 2, 2018 8:46 PM BST
Bloody hell, well done if you had some shekels on that 4 dog!
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 9:03 PM BST
Wildcat looks as cool as ice!  So relaxed.
Report sparrow June 2, 2018 9:05 PM BST
Bruisers Bullet for me.
Report SlippyBlue June 2, 2018 9:06 PM BST
Is Hobbs pi$$ed? That was embarrassing.
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 9:06 PM BST
Don't do it Billy.
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 9:08 PM BST
LOITER my RSS!   What a dog!     HO!  Ho!  Ho!
Report wondersobright June 2, 2018 9:09 PM BST
diabolical commentary Cry
Report Deptford June 2, 2018 9:10 PM BST
Superb run, well done, the man doing the comms is useless
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 9:10 PM BST
Who the f8ck cares about the commentary!  Unbelievable comment.  A brilliant performance.
Report Deptford June 2, 2018 9:10 PM BST
He has loitered Loyal, no doubt about it
Report Aladdin Sane June 2, 2018 9:11 PM BST
Think Andy L peaked a bit early.  Commentary reached a crescendo with 2 bends still to go..
Report casemoney June 2, 2018 9:11 PM BST
Cracking Run been a Cracking Derby
Report wondersobright June 2, 2018 9:14 PM BST

Jun 2, 2018 -- 9:10PM, Deptford wrote:

He has loitered Loyal, no doubt about it

a little bit coming home deptford but his dossing has been a lot worse than that tonight

Report casemoney June 2, 2018 9:15 PM BST
What a Run by Vic Said he Was TC Dog Grin
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 9:16 PM BST
lmao.
Report Deptford June 2, 2018 9:16 PM BST
No complaints here, best dog won on night, did what he had to do, well done to connections and all who backed him
Report casemoney June 2, 2018 9:17 PM BST
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 9:18 PM BST
Not one hard luck story in the race.  An iconic final won by a brilliant greyhound.
Report dr . atkins June 2, 2018 9:20 PM BST
thought vere run very well next year just like wildcat
Report Aladdin Sane June 2, 2018 9:20 PM BST
One of the fastest dogs to the first bend I’ve seen in a long while. Verve ran a blinder as well. Really pleased for trainer - seems a really gracious, humble gentleman..
Report casemoney June 2, 2018 9:21 PM BST
Verve stormer as well credit where credit Due  very good derby
Report MC560 dn June 2, 2018 9:30 PM BST
I thought the commentary was really bizarre. Started off great and lots of excitement then it was suddenly like a balloon got deflated and he seemed almost bored by the end. Disappointed.
Report SlippyBlue June 2, 2018 9:31 PM BST
Wildcat was superb Happy
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 9:33 PM BST
Agreed.  Quite brilliant.  He was the coolest dog on parade, by a mile, and so relaxed.  Brilliantly presented for the race.
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 9:35 PM BST
On the 1 here in the hurdles.
Report SlippyBlue June 2, 2018 9:38 PM BST
Good luck Loyal Honcho, off to watch the rugby now, Saffers against Wales.
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 9:45 PM BST
Night all.  That's me done.  Be lucky.
Report casemoney June 2, 2018 9:57 PM BST
Camera is ****g rediculous fociussing On freddir 10 clear on Run In
Report woodmanchester June 2, 2018 10:13 PM BST
Didn't ping but his pace up is phenomenal! Excited
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2018 10:32 PM BST
Hang your heads in shame SWINDON STEWARDS for denying King Turbo a chance to run in the Derby.  Clearly the wrong decision made, and clearly made to do down the McNairs and co;
Report Deptford June 2, 2018 10:39 PM BST
That was bad, 1 dog at Crayford, broke down when in front, hope its ok
Report casemoney June 2, 2018 10:53 PM BST
cracking Dog Woodie wp AP , Has been a very fair Derby The track is Quirky but it is what is ,RPGTV are in massive Position

With Sky out of The Picture ,

Shame Turbo not allowed in
Report Ravage Again June 2, 2018 10:56 PM BST
14 races at Towcester final night

10 QA Aled

4 races the second dog won

Just imagine watching the great Westmead hawk trying to win a final at Towcestor

But hey is it a fantastic track Laugh
Report casemoney June 3, 2018 12:08 AM BST
Ravage ,it is what it is Mate ,City and Don long gone Sad Its been a very decent Derby ,You have to ask how many of the Dogs leading would have been beat elsewhere ,I think the derby has been very Fair ,The track is not my cup of tea never will be
but what else is there ?
Report woodmanchester June 3, 2018 6:57 AM BST
Cheers Case. Wildcat came away better than I expected. Chuffed Happy
Report Captain carnage June 3, 2018 8:57 PM BST
Few observations from last night.

The fastest dog in the Derby won it and the 2nd fastest finished 2nd. I think the track should take some credit for that.
Think was a bigger crowd than last year but the atmosphere was less.
Disappointed no proper parade of the 6 runners in Derby in front of the stands.
The commentator of the final was pathetic, without a doubt the worst commentary I have ever heard of a major greyhound race.
Screamed as they came out of boxes. Sort of gave up commentating at 3rd bend, whispered something, said Verve was trying to challenge as Wildcat was going over line and didnt even mention the dog had won the Derby until the pickup. His performance was as bad as Carius the previous Saturday. Stick to S2's!
The books seemed to be prepared to take on the punters. Fair play.
Dead easy to get food/drink.
Basically a 99% better experience than the prev shhhiitt pit.
Report casemoney June 4, 2018 3:21 AM BST
"Basically a 99% better experience than the prev shhhiitt pit."

Yes you need bins to see the racing or watch a Big screen ,so you think the actual track is better than the Don ?

They Closed the Grandstand the Wheels fell off at don,Everyone was herded round into some Shyte house stand that Viewing wise Destroyed the Cheapside ... Why was the investment made in the Miller Stand and the whole Stadium has gone a few years Later ? Mis Management ? Or Perhaps there was a Financial incentive for someone ,somewhere ?

The team in charge, busy spending hundreds of thousands of Pounds on city office space, Must be nearing a million they have spent and Counting ,, There was Plenty of Space at the Don to Have the GBGB offices and any other Offices that could have
been rented out ETC, why wasnt that Done ? The Don is gone and so has a million pound on office space next to the bank of England the HQ of a
Sport on its Knees , can you imagine the City bods looking at the Name Plaque LaughLaugh Saying WTF are they ?

Tow has provided A Derby and done it well, in fact two decent Derbys , but it is certainly not Wimbledon Trackwise or Atmosphere wise ,any comparison of Tow and the City ,is sacrilege ,so we will leave that Alone .
Report LoyalHoncho June 4, 2018 3:47 AM BST
Thirty years ago people were using your very same last paragraph to compare the 'don to White City.  And what happened?  The 'don got on with it and ran the Derby, just as Towcester are doing now. Are we constantly going to go on about the past or move on?  They're both gone, sadly - the City and the 'don.  No going back.  Towcester, no matter how they have sold it or ran it or packaged it all, has produced two quite excellent fields in successive Derby finals.  That is indisputable and for me, is testimony to the track being perfectly runable by the very best of dogs.
It is the people who ran this sport for the previous fifty years who f8cked it right up.
Now we have a go-ahead, non-bookmaker influenced promotion, that continues to deliver the goods, with a view to a long term future for the sport and people are still f8cking moaning.
Unbelievable.
Report Winja June 4, 2018 6:48 AM BST
if it was non-bookmaker influenced the derby final would be at 10.00pm with the Dorando after...…...
Report sparrow June 4, 2018 6:53 AM BST
Do people think Westmead Hawk could have won the Derby at Towcester?
Report privatehire June 4, 2018 8:00 AM BST
Sparrow thats a loaded question. Which u and i and evry1 on here knows the answer to. Thats wot i think. Absolutely no chance. Or maybe there are some that do. I know i av discussed it b4.
Report sparrow June 4, 2018 8:46 AM BST
We have mentioned it several times ph but people are still insisting that the running track itself is alright. Whilst ever they continue to defend it nothing will get done. I do appreciate that Towcester is not in hock to the bookmakers and are making great efforts to produce a successful product but in order to succeed they have to sort out the problems with the running track.
Report woodmanchester June 4, 2018 9:01 AM BST
Trialled the Australian style lycra jackets first race. Dogs looked great. I'm all for 'em, you wouldn't get loose jackets anyway! Happy
Report privatehire June 4, 2018 9:06 AM BST
With u 100% sparrow. Dogs constantly unbalanced at start and all dogs seem to be fighting for the same piece of ground at corner. No back straight. Almost evry race indian file round last to bends. I dont know if its the camber that keeps them on rails. Again it seems dogs become unbalanced wen they try to pass on outside 3 - 4.
Report wondersobright June 4, 2018 11:12 AM BST
its bookmaker sponsored and the entire scheduling of the event is geared towards the benefit of bookmakers ffs
from 2 qualifiers last year, to the 3 quick runs in a week to the final being run in betting shop hours (daylight Cry)
the track is more dependent on the break than any 500m (4 bend) trip I can think of
or 480 for that matter
the whole caboodle is bookmaker friendly and you'd have to be off your t1ts betting A/P in that thing imo

and to answer your question sparrow no the hawk would not have won 1 derby at towc imo let alone 2
for the reasons that ph outlines the track is fundamentally flawed in design
anyway not going over the same old ground, lets just say the white elephant is here to say, like it or lump it, and I will lump it ta
Report Captain carnage June 4, 2018 12:42 PM BST
Agree with plenty apart from Hawk. I think he would have been a shorter price ante-post if his derbies were at
Towcester compared to Wimbledon. Also, I have yet to meet anyone who thinks the track is on a par with Wimbledon.

The general consensus is that majority of punters with any clue have won over the course of the derby.

Bruisers/Wildcat/Verve surely everyone would agree were as fast as anything going into the comp. Jack always been held in highest regard in Ireland
and Bullet a progressive stayer who everyone I have met seemed to have backed ante-post.
Report wondersobright June 4, 2018 1:05 PM BST
Captain carnage • June 4, 2018 12:42 PM BST
I think he would have been a shorter price ante-post if his derbies were at Towcester compared to Wimbledon

based on what exactly?

The general consensus is that majority of punters with any clue have won over the course of the derby

again what evidence are you basing this on?
Report Winja June 4, 2018 1:23 PM BST
woodys final tally......
Report superjudge June 4, 2018 1:41 PM BST
what price a strong finishing wd runner winning a towcester  derby. it will never happen.
Report woodmanchester June 4, 2018 2:39 PM BST
Vic didn't do badly. If first and second not so exceptional, who knows?
Report superjudge June 4, 2018 2:45 PM BST
vic a front runner
Report woodmanchester June 4, 2018 2:47 PM BST
Not round Towcester. Had always been slowly away
Report superjudge June 4, 2018 2:51 PM BST
woody i asked what chance a strong wd running finisher to win the derby. d.vic is not that.
Report woodmanchester June 4, 2018 2:53 PM BST
Wore stripes in final and was closing at the finish. Runs on well from what I know of him
Report woodmanchester June 4, 2018 2:53 PM BST
Orange
Report superjudge June 4, 2018 2:57 PM BST
it was in 5. came round 3rd stayed 3rd your not getting it pal. never mind.
Report woodmanchester June 4, 2018 3:01 PM BST
Tyrur Shay might have won it another year, anyway?
Report privatehire June 4, 2018 3:08 PM BST
Theres the point superjudge is trying to make woody. He was plenty close enough at 2nd bend n e didn,t win.
Report woodmanchester June 4, 2018 3:16 PM BST
Not surprised against those two

I know it's a front runners track but high percentage of races won that way round most circuits?

Wides do seem to be at a disadvantage these days

I remember when stripes often won trap challenges
Report woodmanchester June 4, 2018 3:18 PM BST
A dog sailing round in front is always going to be difficult to catch?
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 4, 2018 3:26 PM BST
great weekend, enjoyed it immensely as always.

As for Towcester they are doing all they can (ignoring the track) but still the viewing was terrible I thought for most of the nights card, however that was down to circumstances beyond their control. The sun was so strong it was very hard to make out the dogs on the track or screen from the stands, as I said that's beyond their control. We ended up watching a lot of the races down at the bar near the entrance or the screen just over from that near one of the toilets. However I will take the sun over rain any day at Towcester, it would be an unmitigated disaster where it to rain on a Derby final night there with that size crowd.

As for the racing circuit, I don't like it, have yet to hear from anybody over here say they like it and likewise have yet to hear of anybody who likes it that I do be with that is UK based. As this stage they are not going to chance it so it's best except it for what it is, if you are not a fan no need to bet their or even go if that's how you feel. Thought the crowd was pretty much on par with last year, didn't seem any more crowded to me but then didn't seem down either.

As I said was a great weekend, greyhound people know how to have a good proper enjoyable piss up Grin Onto September and Shelbourne now, they'd be mad not to bring Dorotas Wildcat (again), Droopys Verve, Droopys Expert (may as well with Verve), King Turbo and others, there are some serious good UK based hounds at the moment and they could have a right chance at Shelbourne.
Report garryc June 4, 2018 3:45 PM BST
this has been done to death but here goes one more time,if you are a wide runner you better be up with the pace or you are a million unless the conga line all crowds up round the bottom 2 bends,anybody who cant see what its really like is one of these 2 options,(1) on the gravy train and everythings fantastic especially the hospitality,(2) have no idea what they are looking at and probably do their brains on a daily occurance
Report woodmanchester June 4, 2018 6:19 PM BST
Not sure about the English participation. Many shy away. If I knew a strong team going, i might book but doubt it. Wildcat was caught out last year. Not disgraced but cant see him missing and winning there. Probably eliminated at some stage again
Report woodmanchester June 4, 2018 6:24 PM BST
Not sure about the might as well take Expert if Verve going. Lots of travelling from the North East and they could soon be down to one anyway. Unless they find a base in Ireland?
Report Ravage Again June 4, 2018 6:37 PM BST
Sparrow

Westmead lord would have beaten Westmead hawk and moral standards at Towcester Blush
Report sparrow June 4, 2018 7:13 PM BST
The problem is ravage that if you don't come out of that 2nd bend in the first 3 then it's virtually impossible to win.
Report Captain carnage June 4, 2018 7:28 PM BST
I'm with woody again don't understand this obsession with staying wide dogs never winning the derby. There was only the screwy calico dog in this years comp? Not many slow away wide dogs win anything anywhere over 4 bends?

Ps. I dont think Dorotas Vic has made all once in 13 career victories so he deffo aint a `front runner'.

Ps. Westmead Hawk had world class track craft and 500m here be right up his street.

Ps. The finals at Towcester I predict will pan out much like at Wimbledon. Won 50/50 by front runner/strong dogs. If a smart front runner gets off the front without a clip they will win ie. Wildcat. If he had clipped Verve a strong runner like Vic or Bruisers would have won - same as at wimbledon.
Report Captain carnage June 4, 2018 7:29 PM BST
Sparrow tht i the same at any track surely? It is not if you are in the first 3. Its how far away from the front runner you are.
Report sparrow June 4, 2018 7:36 PM BST
Not the same at any track at all Captain. A very short back straight at Towcester followed by a bend where all the dogs are competing for the same space.
Report woodmanchester June 4, 2018 7:47 PM BST
Captain's right though. Shortage of class wide runners. Compared to yesteryear, nowhere near as many dogs seeded wide
Report woodmanchester June 4, 2018 7:48 PM BST
I know the introduction of middle seeding has something to do with that, though
Report Captain carnage June 4, 2018 8:11 PM BST
Next year will be interesting, I think plenty more will be seeded middle.

T1/2/3/4 are all v tricky at the boxes here. Plenty of `railers' take a few steps right before straightening up here at Towcester. The vast majority of wide T6 dogs race too wide from boxes.

That tends to leave T5 a nice run at the bend if it stays fairly straight and likewise T4 unless 1/2/3 turn sharp right.

T4/5 Was perfect for Verve and he would have won the derby had Wildcat not broke for just about the
first time in his life. Whoops Jack also looked more comfortable in T5 than 6 for me.
Report Ravage Again June 4, 2018 8:20 PM BST
Personally I do not think being a wide runner at Towcester is much of a disadvantage that people make out to be

As long as don't run silly wide off the bend then onto straight wide runners are fine as then get pulled in and cut the bend

It does not matter if you a railer a middle or a wide if you behind out of the second bend you got no chance

Jeez even Dave whoes the best of the rptv mob is going on the nite that the track did not particularly favour front runners

14 out if 14 races were won be either the first or second positioned dog out of the second bend

Yeap deffo does favour front runners Laugh

Put he has toe the line now as he's on the Towcester wages
Report woodmanchester June 4, 2018 8:24 PM BST
Gritty. Got 11/2 Lightfoot King now. Hooligan thankfully seems fine
Report woodmanchester June 4, 2018 8:25 PM BST
Wrong fred! Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com