Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ebulGery
18 Jul 16 19:03
| Topic/replies: 22,542 | Blogger: ebulGery's blog
or Thursday?
Pause Switch to Standard View Is there racing at Crayford tomorrow,...
Show More
Report JackS July 18, 2016 7:14 PM BST
Cancelled Race Meetings Tuesday 19th & Thursday 21st July 2016

Please note that there will be no race meetings on Tuesday 19th and Thursday 21st July. This is due to refurbishment works that will allow the renewal of the drainage system, structure and sand at the track.

Racing will resume on Friday evening 22nd July as normal. Please note that the general office will remain open for all enquirers and bookings.

From the Crayford website BG.
Report ebulGery July 18, 2016 8:06 PM BST
ta Jack5Sad

Well if it makes the track safer for the greyhounds I will not quibble

Probably save me losing my money
Report Winja July 19, 2016 8:25 AM BST
its a full upgrade which started Friday night after racing........they are working 24 hours and the weather has been unbelievably kind to them.......new watering system.....new drainage.......new sand and I hope but it was not confirmed.......new rails and hurdles....the new sand is white and it should look fantastic.........as a punter however we will have to see what happens to times.....temporary bias etc.....as a baptism of fire as there are no trial sessions planned just racing on Friday and Saturday........it will be interesting for those meetings but for the future its a terrific step forward..........fingers crossed for the rails
Report ebulGery July 19, 2016 11:03 AM BST
It sounds great Winja. If it makes the track fairer and safer, I am all for it.Happy

I am glad Ladbrokes are making the effort, does not look good when Greyhound Racing starts to resemble the Somme.

I am pleased, temporary bias will be interesting, hopefully there will be no bias long term.
Report Czechbet July 21, 2016 3:15 PM BST
brilliant stuff looking forward to seeing it, summer holidays going on hold :)
Report Winja July 22, 2016 6:56 PM BST
looking good at Crayford......new rails looks like new hurdles....nice looking track and looks pretty even for the first two races...first race was slow but had plenty of slow dogs in it......other times will be interesting
Report Czechbet July 22, 2016 7:03 PM BST
couple of better acid tests coming up now.. but agree looks nice Happy
Report Winja July 22, 2016 7:10 PM BST
I will be leaving for the track in ten minutes so will be good to see what it looks like in the flesh....
Report Czechbet July 22, 2016 7:12 PM BST
n1 let us know please, gl
Report Winja July 22, 2016 11:25 PM BST
they have done a terrific job at the track.......with the new infrastructure works below the track they have re-laid the surface to the original track design with banked bends and chamfered straights....the bends appear easier to run and it really helps hold the dogs in on tonights evidence.....they have changed the majority of the rails but have only overhauled the existing fences but still it looks very smart......they have brought an additional tractor which tows a bowser and they were watering and flattening every four races with the two tractors running in tandem....the running surface looks first class and they could win from anywhere.......I would take my hat off to them for this upgrade....lets hope the sand reacts well when we have the rainy day meetings with the new drainage doing its job.........
Report dr . atkins July 22, 2016 11:44 PM BST
might start going crayford looks good and it's only thru the tunnel
Report patrick starr July 23, 2016 12:04 AM BST
behave doc,tehy wont let the likes of you through the tunnel ffs...LaughWink
Report Czechbet July 23, 2016 8:18 AM BST
many thanks Winja

known suspect first bend runners did seem to take it better last night imo, and all considering times were not all over the show

a rare positive in the world of greyhound racing wow Shocked
Report dr . atkins July 23, 2016 12:13 PM BST
patrick it's much quicker to get to crayford than romford going to start going over crayford will take time to get used to the dogs but with the new works now done shall give it a go
Report ebulGery July 23, 2016 1:27 PM BST
The new track has not aided me in my quest to find a winner at Crayford this morningSad

But I am really glad if it is safer, that is Crayford's Achilles heel.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com