Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ThePin
12 Jun 15 08:36
| Topic/replies: 26 | Blogger: ThePin's blog
My first ever post like this – and probably my last when you seasoned forum-ites slag it off!

Please be gentle….

Heat 1

I don’t think Ibiza got home in the last round. Not for me. Quietly runs the first two bends at Wimbledon like no other dog. It just appears to glide over the track. The T2 runner goes slightly right from the boxes before cutting in at the bend. Riverside Pat runs on, which is important in the context of this hear as there are a number of ‘trappers’. With that in mind, Geelo will lead Pat to the bend. Salonika won me a few quid in a previous heat (after-timing clang!) but I can’t back it in T5. I see Salonika and T6 getting in each other’s way at some point. My three to qualify: 2-3-4.

Heat 2

Badmoonrising has a tremendous draw and will surely lead on the rails. He’s 12s in places and that could look like a big price at the end of the race! He’s quickly away. Paradise Maverick, in T2, has the worst draw of all six dogs, with Jaytee Berlin, one of my antepost bets for outright glory, likely to head for the rails. I’d lay Paradise for a place. Visually it looks to me that the dog can move slightly right from the traps. That said, if Jaytee, in T3, breaks sharply, I can see him getting to the bend just behind T1 and then going clear by the third bend. Have I gone nuts, what with Droopys Nidge in the line-up? Well, no. I just think Coolavanny **** will hold it up ever so slightly. Incidentally, with Nidge’s liking for cutting in at the first bend, I’ll be looking to lay this dog for a few quid. Teds Last is one dog I really fear. If it could just find a pair of trapping boots. And it’s a Charlie Lister dog. I seem to recall some years ago Bandikot Tipoki (or one other of his mutts) finding tremendous trapping improvement to qualify from a particular heat when it needed a swift break. I can’t keep Teds Last out of the frame. My three to qualify: 3-6-4.

Heat 3

Swift Keith has a good draw and has been unlucky to come up against Eden the Kid and Clares Wonder in previous rounds - both decent dogs. I have a feeling Evanta Fantasy, in trap 2, will hinder kennel-mate Evanta Evita on its outside on the run to the first bend. I’ve crossed out Jolly Tricks. I love Leamaneigh Turbo. He’s a big dog and can outmuscle most rivals to the first bend. He’s fast out and I can see this race being between Turbo and Keith. Wotnofizz has an excellent draw and was just pipped by strong finisher Riverside Pat in the previous round when finishing third after trouble. He, too, is a swift trapper. My three to qualify: 1-5-6.

Heat 4

For me, Clares Wonder has to be the pick given that it’s housed in trap 6. The only wide runner in the race. There no pace in T5, so Clares should trap out okay to the first bend. I can see scrimmaging behind. On Alert didn’t particularly impress me in winning a four-dog heat in the last round but it does run on. Ascot Woodie is another of my antepost bets but it will do well to qualify from this heat. My three to qualify: 6-5-4.

Heat 5

For all the pre-race talk about this being a tasty heat, I think T1 will win quite easily. The Blitz (which I’ve backed in a nice double with Clares Wonder tomorrow) will get to the first bend ahead of anything else and once in front this dog won’t be pegged back. Lister’s Boyneside Fun is a huge price at 10-1. An excellent draw, I can see him finishing in the top three. One of Eden the Kid and Newinn Yolo will be going home unfortunately. My three: 1-6-4.

Heat 6

With slow starters Romany Rouge and Here We Go either side of him, Roxholme Ted has a good draw in T5. If it leads, will anything catch him? My feeling, from watching replays, is that T1 and T2 both go right at the boxes. I’ve crossed them both out - and T3. I can’t see Here We Go beating either T5 or T6 in a clean race. Rouge, for me, takes far too long to get going but should qualify from a not-to-hot heat. I’d be keen to lay it in a later round. My three: 5-6-4.

Heat 7

I’ve had a big bet on Go Ahead at 10-1 and will be backing it again on the night in a market without the fave. This dog would have been a lot closer to Quietly in the previous round had it not stumbled out of the traps, just like it did in the first round (reminds me of Westmead Lord – lazy at the traps but runs on). Anyway…..this dog will be finishing strongly and my feeling is that it only has to worry about the fave, Rio Quattro. ‘Only!’ Blonde Nipper, in T3, moves slightly right and T1 is out slowly, so Rio should get a good run to the first bend. Lenson Tiggy appeared to just get home in the previous round. I have a firm belief that Tynwald and Shotgun will clash over the first two bends – neither of them are fast out.

Heat 8

Another big bet for me, this time on Jaytee Jet in T6 at 8-1. Yes, I’m bonkers. Before you shoot me down, let me explain….Judging by its previous Derby heat runs, JJ has been crying out for this box. He goes ‘looking’ for the bunny on lid rise, moving right to the first bend. Viking Jack, on its inside, will lead but I don’t think JJ will need to find too much on the clock to beat it. Droopys Ward is a dog I love, having backed it numerous times last year during the rounds. He just seems too clever for me – in that he’s always looking to avoid trouble – in the early part of the race before unleashing the turbo. Against average dogs, he can make up the gap if anything breaks ahead of him. But like in the previous round, if something half-decent gets away, then he’s in trouble. If there’s any trouble up front, Droopys wins. I can’t see that happening in this race. I’ve crossed out Bubbly, Jet Stream and Gaytime, who would probably qualify in a weaker heat. My three: 6-1-5. 

Like I said, be gentle with me!
Pause Switch to Standard View tomorrow's Wimbledon Derby...
Show More
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2015 8:37 PM BST
1000/1 pre  1st round!  A Young improver.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 13, 2015 8:38 PM BST
happy with six

bingo night tonight glad i only done £33 tonight
Report wondersobright June 13, 2015 8:38 PM BST
wd 6 A/P backers, the e/w money is safe
Report noflapleft June 13, 2015 8:44 PM BST
All wides in so far
Report noflapleft June 13, 2015 8:45 PM BST
Monmore track staff
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 13, 2015 8:45 PM BST
28.25 davy
Report wondersobright June 13, 2015 8:46 PM BST
ridiculous situation for supposedly top event, not a word mentioned by any of them on TV
should be renamed william hill benefit competition
Report bookie 25 June 13, 2015 8:47 PM BST
Did the bowser go round before Davys race? Time doesnt ring true as they finnished close up and davy and Ted brushed at the first bend?
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 13, 2015 8:48 PM BST
Romany Rouge @ 33/1 1-4 ew part looks ok to me done 28.39 (1 3/4)
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2015 8:51 PM BST
"Eyecatching behind Quietly" - who went 10 clear and won by two and who went out very quietly tonight.  Have a word Dave with an e.
Report wondersobright June 13, 2015 8:52 PM BST
slightly slower on the inside LaughLaugh
Report bookie 25 June 13, 2015 8:53 PM BST
Quattro just doing enough?
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2015 8:53 PM BST
yep - nap of the night obliges.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 13, 2015 8:53 PM BST
hand break job that was
how far would
he of wonCrazyCrazyCrazy
Report bookie 25 June 13, 2015 8:55 PM BST
I agree Fattie. Felt that in the first round and confirmed there. Hitting the front and easing up.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 13, 2015 8:55 PM BST
last of the yard going here jet 3rd will do
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2015 8:56 PM BST
Think so bookie.  pat got it right in terms of his running but not the result.
Report wondersobright June 13, 2015 8:56 PM BST
how about traps should be a yard off the fence not on the fcking fence
Report everton-fc June 13, 2015 8:57 PM BST
100% agree Wonders, the angle into the first corner is all wrong from inside runners
Report Addy_D June 13, 2015 9:00 PM BST
someone tell the quattro dog its ok to win by miles, it wont affect his handicap mark.

fair play pat about his running. end of the world if that got beat Whoops
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 13, 2015 9:00 PM BST
another yard six be on grass its very tight where them trap are
Report everton-fc June 13, 2015 9:00 PM BST
Rio made me sweat a little, but job done.

Onto Bubbly Beauty now for the jackpot at 33's
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 13, 2015 9:01 PM BST
way the night going everton every chance  gl
Report everton-fc June 13, 2015 9:02 PM BST
Hope so Riddler, smash out and who knows
Report bookie 25 June 13, 2015 9:04 PM BST
Ward through for all 5 through on the night. No more bets, played a draw on the night with Sanchez winnings played on Ted. Never bet Quattro as missed the price.
Report wondersobright June 13, 2015 9:04 PM BST
yep fair point riddler but they have room to move them back a couple of yard and out 1 yard imo would be an improvement, if that's means 6 nearly on the grass then so be it
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2015 9:04 PM BST
Exactly Youngy - great point.  Dogs sense nerves and negative energy.
Report dr . atkins June 13, 2015 9:04 PM BST
best drawn dog of the derby thats why it was 7t4  he won so get in the q  pay pay pay pay
Report wondersobright June 13, 2015 9:06 PM BST
wd all quattro backers
Report wondersobright June 13, 2015 9:07 PM BST
on 3/4 here
Report bookie 25 June 13, 2015 9:08 PM BST
Poor Ward
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 13, 2015 9:08 PM BST
JET JET THE JET PLANE DERBY BACK ONLaughLaughLaugh
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2015 9:08 PM BST
Wow! Wow! Wow!  What a Derby this turning into.
Report wondersobright June 13, 2015 9:09 PM BST
another railer injured Sad sad state of affairs
Report everton-fc June 13, 2015 9:09 PM BST
WD winners

Shame about Ward

night all
Report wondersobright June 13, 2015 9:10 PM BST
lets see the draw then 2 railers in the hat
Report wondersobright June 13, 2015 9:16 PM BST
the pin Cool
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 13, 2015 9:18 PM BST
HOPE PIE NOT ON ANTE POST FAV WITH WHOS IN ONE
Report wondersobright June 13, 2015 9:18 PM BST
6 railers out of 24 Plain
Report wondersobright June 13, 2015 9:20 PM BST
even the racing manager doesn't know which heat they put the middles in ffs
Report wondersobright June 13, 2015 9:21 PM BST
3 out of 4 quarter finals with wide seeds in trap 4, 5 and 6
Report frank60 June 13, 2015 9:22 PM BST
when the draw for the q/finals lads  ty
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2015 9:23 PM BST
just seen it live frank - someone'll put it up here shortly
Report bookie 25 June 13, 2015 9:26 PM BST
fantasy
blitz
davy
flight
wonder
rouge

evita
quattro
paper
e t kid
wotnofizz
b fun

g hawk
vegas
t last
jack
j jet
r ted

maverick
nipper
sanchez
bish
salonica
nidge
Report darkie returns June 13, 2015 9:26 PM BST
1st quarter-final
1 Evanta Fantasy

2 Farloe Blitz

3 Millwards  Davy (m)

4 Diego Flight (w)

5 Clares Wonder (w)

6 Romany Rouge (w)

2nd quarter-final
1 Evanta Evita

2 Rio Quattro

3 Making Paper (m)

4 Eden The Kid (m)

5 Wotnofizz (w)

6 Boyneside Fun (w)

3rd quarter-final
1 Gaytime Hawk

2 Geelo Vegas (m)

3 Teds Last (m)

4 Viking Jack (w)

5 Jaytee Jet (w)

6 Roxholme Ted (w)

4th quarter-final
1 Paradise Maverik

2 Blonde Nipper (m)

3 Lenson  Sanchez (m)

4 Tynwald Bish (w)

5 Salonika (w)

6 Droopys Nidge (w)
Report bookie 25 June 13, 2015 9:28 PM BST
Blitz and Eden very well drawn Teds outside Vegas not ideal and Sanches and Nidge in together.
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2015 9:43 PM BST
Tragedy for Ward - broken hock.  Commiserations to all conns. and good luck to the dog for a full recovery.
Report the bairn June 13, 2015 9:56 PM BST
Blitz is in a soft heat, but is on the outside of a fast starting wide runner, could be a problem for the first 20 meters. cheers.
Report patrick starr June 13, 2015 10:09 PM BST
wd winners tonight but for me that surface has killed the derby as a spectacle,nothing but an utter disgrace,biased and unsafe,at least in the past you could say the place was a khazi but the surface was excellent,tonight they fcuked that up n all and killed the derby,for shame you fkin idiots.
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2015 10:09 PM BST
Great to see Mark Wallis bringing his son through the ranks.  A courteous young lad too.  Shows he has at least a bit of optimism about the future of the sport!
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2015 10:11 PM BST
Tonight.  Ten + dogs have been knocked over before tonight.  It's been a theme throughout and nobody has even mentioned it until tonight!
Report the.mad.dog.man June 13, 2015 10:11 PM BST
agree with patrick starr
Report patrick starr June 13, 2015 10:17 PM BST
i actually thought boyneside looked lame at the drop also,will have to watch it back but watching it first time i felt he was lame
Report the.mad.dog.man June 13, 2015 10:27 PM BST
i would  not let the racing manager or his groundstaff water my window box how could they put so much water down with storms forecast
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2015 10:33 PM BST
Blue Cafu
Ashburn Lark
More Ideas
Oakvale Runble
Bubbly King
Loughteen Eoin
Swift Hoffman
King Dec
Dusktildawn
Sidarian Blaze
Tinahue Pinto

All cattled at the first bend  and sadly two seriously injured - all before tonight's carnage.
Something needs to be done.  It's all very well keeping this all low key for fear of bad publicity and "antis" getting into overdrive but we have start doing something to prevent and stop it.
Report patrick starr June 13, 2015 10:45 PM BST
well done loyal,once again youre ahead of the game,after the event
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2015 10:49 PM BST
No, I was way ahead of the game before you even mentioned it m8.  Detailed analysis all the way through.
Presumably you lost your dough tonight?
Report casemoney June 13, 2015 10:50 PM BST
Fun ran on to the Drop Pat ,cant see it in replay But sure was still there at drop
Report Winja June 13, 2015 10:51 PM BST
greyhounds have been knocked over in racing incidents since they started running around bends......its a known risk........
Report casemoney June 13, 2015 10:52 PM BST
I am usually on about Bias . Ward tragic but Im not sure what bias there was unless up the middle ?
Report Winja June 13, 2015 10:53 PM BST
poor track preparation on the other hand is another thing.....
Report casemoney June 13, 2015 10:53 PM BST
I honestly didnt notice a Bias I thought Wides looked shyte early Heats ?
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2015 10:54 PM BST
Agreed.  But this Derby has seen more than I can remember.  I can't remember the last time half a dozen greyhounds hit the rail at the first.  Winbledon was always ill-thought of by top trainers.  Very few top flight around White City bothered even to look at the place, such was the reputation of its first bend.  Sorry to offend 'don lovers and devotees but that is a historical fact.
Report patrick starr June 13, 2015 10:58 PM BST
yes case,he ran on to drop ok,i could well be wrong but as the dog was stood there at the drop i thought he was dipping as the lead was being put on,like i say i havent watched it back mate,will have to check that back later,was just a thought.

Loyal you couldnt be ahead of the game with tomorrows fkin newspaper imo.
Report eyeball June 13, 2015 10:58 PM BST
I agree with casemoney....didn't see any real bias on the graded......think the watering system is archaic and the third bend needs relaying....could possibly be the case for the first bend also .
Report boosup June 13, 2015 10:58 PM BST
Of course not; two totally different types of track to run. If any rails are going to be hit, brushed or shied away from it will be at the Don and not the WC.
Report casemoney June 13, 2015 10:59 PM BST
17/25.01  29.38   thats the red in 1st graded won nothing wrong with that

Badmoods gone was running its race Ward Gone wrong what dogs have really under performed Keith fell out ?
Report casemoney June 13, 2015 11:00 PM BST
OK pat I watched to drop he looked OK ,I didnt see him Standing Hope hes OK hes a lovely Dog Happy
Report casemoney June 13, 2015 11:03 PM BST
I will say one thing who ever the **** installed the traps needs shooting they need to be a foot further out 1 is without doubt too close to rails did anyone fckin look at the plans Laugh
Report patrick starr June 13, 2015 11:03 PM BST
nice one eye and case,will watch it all back properly with your thoughts in mind lads,appreciated Happy
Report casemoney June 13, 2015 11:04 PM BST
Badmoon gone wrong ,JT Berlin was going ok till the 3rd bend pile up Plain
Report patrick starr June 13, 2015 11:15 PM BST
case ive just watched that race back and i cant see anything at the drop now looking at it,dont know what i thought i seen at time but i cant see anything now looking back mate.
Report casemoney June 13, 2015 11:31 PM BST
Blitz early is mental ,and fun ran some race tonight Happy
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 14, 2015 7:44 AM BST
at the time I thought Eden run was unreal

Watched few times now not so sure,

3-5 done him at the lids

Eden hit the rails and IMO if 5 wasn't there to stop him might of run off very wide towards the wall
Showed great middle to the eye , but we know now 3 was going lame at the time ,
2 coolvanny thing seem to esed to **** at 3rd
Than you have front pair 6 defo as floppy ear dog IMO
Blitzs had done his job was empty out !

Just not sure maybe being little harsh !!!
Report woodmanchester June 14, 2015 7:57 AM BST
Wouldnt say Blitz emptied Fatty, but so fast bound to get a little tired towards the end. Dont forget he didnt break again and did plenty of running before the bend to brush Yolo aside. Bit concerned about Evanta Fantasy on rails in quarters, with Blitz T2. Trap's fine for Blitz but Fantasy was edging off from T2 into Evita last night, so more pronounced wearing red and can break sharply. As said after the first round, all things being equal, nothing will lead Blitz to the bend, although Addy seemed to think otherwise Happy
Report frank60 June 14, 2015 3:02 PM BST
The irish derby should be something else this year , Laughil blake[last years winner] won by 12L last night AND Ballydoyle Honey [1/8 to the Oaks] looks very special, i hope our English friends will be bringing some of there best dogs as well. Eden the kid to win the English derby best outsider Paradise Maverik .
Report Addy_D June 14, 2015 3:40 PM BST
i agree about the surface, was thinking last night the ground has looked utter dead. the trap positioning is rancid, you cant bet a one dog with any confidence, the third bend is mental, if you have a dog behind running with pace into the third bend you're a big price to get through remotely unscathed, either they just get chopped off for going up the inner, or something else has already done that leading to all sorts of bunching and wall of dogs.

as a spectacle its certainly tainted it, and as a punting proposition i'm starting to doubt whether its worth taking early prices there in the week, any value you think you might be getting in the week can turn out to be a rancid bet come the night as frankly you're simply guessing about the state of the ground.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK June 14, 2015 4:00 PM BST
well you aint got to wait long addy where back again tuesdayWink
Report Addy_D June 14, 2015 4:30 PM BST
i know and ive done 7 out of the 8 races Crazy
Report wondersobright June 14, 2015 4:38 PM BST

Jun 14, 2015 -- 9:40AM, Addy_D wrote:

i agree about the surface, was thinking last night the ground has looked utter dead. the trap positioning is rancid, you cant bet a one dog with any confidence, the third bend is mental, if you have a dog behind running with pace into the third bend you're a big price to get through remotely unscathed, either they just get chopped off for going up the inner, or something else has already done that leading to all sorts of bunching and wall of dogs.as a spectacle its certainly tainted it, and as a punting proposition i'm starting to doubt whether its worth taking early prices there in the week, any value you think you might be getting in the week can turn out to be a rancid bet come the night as frankly you're simply guessing about the state of the ground.

100% spot on addy + patrick starr 10.09pm same

Report GLASGOWCALLING June 15, 2015 1:13 AM BST
    Blitz is in a soft heat, but is on the outside of a fast starting wide runner, could be a problem for the first 20 meters. cheers.

BAIRN, ive bet on blitz and for me i would rather see him in trap 2 no matter whats inside, ok he got away with it on saturday after

a not so good start, but i just dont have any confidence in backing anything in trap 1 . i am hoping hes got his trapping boots on

come tuesday. btw, was it you that backed slippery fred a/P ???  iwas on as well !!!  never raised a gallop  LaughLaugh

will go and win the irish derby now !!.  good luck anyway.  Happy
Report LoyalHoncho June 15, 2015 4:25 AM BST
Ok Pat, but who's being obnoxious now?.  As Errol says, seemingly to everyone on here's disgust, "It's all about opinions".  You're entiled to yours.  You seem to me to be infected now with Clouseaus bile and invective but good luck to you - you at least have my respect.
My record is pretty good.  I don't bang on about it.  However, when I have gone out there with an in detail, opinion, based on analysis and painstaking research, I've tipped Sidaz Jack to win the Derby final and also, how he would win it - which was spot on, and, early in the Irish St Leger tipped up Lodnamon Bridie, and said how she would do it, at the very juicy odds of 25/1. All published on here - well in advance of the day after's newspapers!  Laugh  I also tipped up Ballymac Sinbad, to a couple of selected people on here, to win his first round heat. 10/1 - very nice indeed.
Here's my thoughts on the first two heats tomorrow - let's see how they go.

Heat 1.
Summary:  Evanta Fantasy (1)  would seem not to have too much more to offer than her early pace here, which has the potential to hamper Farloe Blitz (2), as she markedly steps out to the middle after lid-rise.  It is certainly difficult to see her sustain any sort of a run in this particular field, once mastered on the run down.  Farloe Blitz should however appreciate the move into the blue jacket and can certainly out run her, and outmuscle her if needs be, to the bend. We are of course assuming that he can reproduce his recent running after such a short rest period – always dangerous with wickedly fast early pacers.  He looked to draw up a little quickly at the bend after the line so may be a tired dog already – certainly not a long odds on shot here, that’s for sure. He is un-backable at 4/7.  Millwards Davy (3) is intriguing.  He hasn’t put a foot wrong yet and I feel we have to take his improvement as bona fide.  He has safely negotiated the run up and first bend from three different boxes now and can run a big race here. He could well be the one to follow Farloe Blitz round and then manage to stay on for a qualifying spot.  Clares Wonder (5) has been running consistently  but seems to prefer the stripes and this box may be a disadvantage.  His sectionals are going backwards too and I’m not convinced about his liking for these bends. I feel he must be left out here in favour of either 4 or 6.  I really do feel we will see a good run from Diegos Flight (4)  from this slot and feel he can make the placings – even though Romany Rouge (6) carries such a threat with his stamina-laden style.
1st  2  Farloe Blitz
2nd  3  Millwards Davy
3rd  4  Diegos Flight

Heat 2.
Both Boyneside Fun (6) and Wotnofizz (5) run bends 1 and 2 similarly – they stay out wide.  They also share similar early pace so who gets the best run is open to question – maybe they both will.  Eden The Kid (4) is the class act in the race and he showed real class to recover from early probs. ( Yolo crossed over him at lid-rise – he also brushed the rails at the first bend and was then hampered ) with some superb back straight pace.  He looks not to have any problems this time with the dog inside him, Making Paper (3), who is not an early speedster, and who did himself run on a bit to make the cut in his own heat.  Evanta Evita (1) has shown guts and determination to improve through every heat and will give them all a race here form the inside box.  She should really lead on the inside and, possibly into the back straight.  If she does she has a mighty chance of qualifying.  Rio Quattro (2) won last time, as he was favourite to do, but should have won by 4 lengths instead of the ½ he did.  A case of the Toomaline Jacks I think.  However, if Evita runs mid. to wide up the back straight again – as she is prone to do – she will open the door to his usual back straight, inside at bend 3, challenge.  If Eden The Kid is upsides at this point – as expected – he is likely to shut the door on the both of them, allowing 5 or 6 to possibly  benefit and run on, round the outside, and  into the places.  I take 6. A fascinating race in prospect.
1st  4  Eden The Kid
2nd  6  Boyneside Fun
3rd  2  Rio Quattro
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 15, 2015 8:14 AM BST
Why on earth are you up @ 4.25am worrying about me and referring to me by the silly pet name you've made up??

obsession

/əbˈsɛʃ(ə)n/

noun

noun: obsession

the state of being obsessed with someone or something.
"she cared for him with a devotion bordering on obsession"

•an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.
plural noun: obsessions
Report LoyalHoncho June 15, 2015 5:02 PM BST
You're obviously not quite right.
Who is worried about you?  lmao - you're the one who keeps rising.
As for why I'm up at 4.25 a.m.?   zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Report LoyalHoncho June 16, 2015 8:23 PM BST
How's this for tomorrow's papers pat, Clouseau?
Heat 1.
Summary:  Evanta Fantasy (1)  would seem not to have too much more to offer than her early pace here, which has the potential to hamper Farloe Blitz (2), as she markedly steps out to the middle after lid-rise.  It is certainly difficult to see her sustain any sort of a run in this particular field, once mastered on the run down.  Farloe Blitz should however appreciate the move into the blue jacket and can certainly out run her, and outmuscle her if needs be, to the bend. We are of course assuming that he can reproduce his recent running after such a short rest period – always dangerous with wickedly fast early pacers.  He looked to draw up a little quickly at the bend after the line so may be a tired dog already – certainly not a long odds on shot here, that’s for sure. He is un-backable at 4/7.  Millwards Davy (3) is intriguing.  He hasn’t put a foot wrong yet and I feel we have to take his improvement as bona fide.  He has safely negotiated the run up and first bend from three different boxes now and can run a big race here. He could well be the one to follow Farloe Blitz round and then manage to stay on for a qualifying spot.  Clares Wonder (5) has been running consistently  but seems to prefer the stripes and this box may be a disadvantage.  His sectionals are going backwards too and I’m not convinced about his liking for these bends. I feel he must be left out here in favour of either 4 or 6.  I really do feel we will see a good run from Diegos Flight (4)  from this slot and feel he can make the placings – even though Romany Rouge (6) carries such a threat with his stamina-laden style.
1st  2  Farloe Blitz
2nd  3  Millwards Davy
3rd  4  Diegos Flight

Now for the next one.  Laugh
Report wondersobright June 16, 2015 8:29 PM BST
you will be able to live off that for at least another 5 years, and sidaz jack for another 3
Report bbc2 June 16, 2015 8:32 PM BST
could i have the lottery numbers for saturdayGrinthanks
Report LoyalHoncho June 16, 2015 8:33 PM BST
"Enenin stannad", "Spatchy News", "'Mornins papers" - get them here!!!!!
Report LoyalHoncho June 16, 2015 8:37 PM BST
Chit - only five from six  I've failed you Pat!   Sad
Heat 2.
Both Boyneside Fun (6) and Wotnofizz (5) run bends 1 and 2 similarly – they stay out wide.  They also share similar early pace so who gets the best run is open to question – maybe they both will.  Eden The Kid (4) is the class act in the race and he showed real class to recover from early probs. ( Yolo crossed over him at lid-rise – he also brushed the rails at the first bend and was then hampered ) with some superb back straight pace.  He looks not to have any problems this time with the dog inside him, Making Paper (3), who is not an early speedster, and who did himself run on a bit to make the cut in his own heat.  Evanta Evita (1) has shown guts and determination to improve through every heat and will give them all a race here form the inside box.  She should really lead on the inside and, possibly into the back straight.  If she does she has a mighty chance of qualifying.  Rio Quattro (2) won last time, as he was favourite to do, but should have won by 4 lengths instead of the ½ he did.  A case of the Toomaline Jacks I think.  However, if Evita runs mid. to wide up the back straight again – as she is prone to do – she will open the door to his usual back straight, inside at bend 3, challenge.  If Eden The Kid is upsides at this point – as expected – he is likely to shut the door on the both of them, allowing 5 or 6 to possibly  benefit and run on, round the outside, and  into the places.  I take 6. A fascinating race in prospect.
1st  4  Eden The Kid
2nd  6  Boyneside Fun
3rd  2  Rio Quattro
Report LoyalHoncho June 16, 2015 8:38 PM BST
Good luck all.  I hate bumming but i think that is point proved.Happy
Report highmoon June 16, 2015 8:46 PM BST
Good old duke 6/4 hes a foooooool.
Report patrick starr June 16, 2015 9:20 PM BST
wd loyal,where do i subscribe to your paper?
Report LoyalHoncho June 16, 2015 9:48 PM BST
Nice one. g/l m8.
Report safari guide June 16, 2015 10:16 PM BST
I think it called The Daily Favourite Pat.
Report LoyalHoncho June 16, 2015 11:15 PM BST
No point avoiding favs. just because they are going to win - is there kid?  Happy
Report safari guide June 17, 2015 8:36 AM BST
Very True Loyal Honcho but you don't need to be the reincarnation of Mystic Meg to pick them.
Report patrick starr June 17, 2015 12:20 PM BST
lol safari,im hoping to get loyals 2016 almanac off santa
Report wondersobright June 17, 2015 12:25 PM BST
be a nice paper to eat your fish and chips off...or failing that I suppose it would be top class bog roll Laugh
Report irishone June 17, 2015 7:48 PM BST
well done honcho
can´t stand this week so left it alone
seems like you have taken over my role as the gang punchbag in my absence LOL Laugh
illegitimi non carborundum mate Laugh especially when you are cruising the med !
Report Winja June 17, 2015 8:33 PM BST
welcome back irish.....last fella I knew who went cruising on the med came back with an anus like a clowns pocket.....hope you had you tight speedos on.....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com