Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
woodmanchester
14 Aug 13 13:11
| Topic/replies: 30,419 | Blogger: woodmanchester's blog
First run at Rye House in 1977, been some very fast dogs claim the trophy. Glad it's still going.

Best odds antepost i can see:
7/2 Wells Honour
9/2 Ballymac Best
6/1 Andlyns Asabat
12/1 Gone To Carrhue
12/1 Little Reminder
16/1 Headford Jack
20/1 bar

Had a reasonable go Wells Honour on the grounds proved faster than Ballymac Best here at Coventry and at Sunderland and little difference in the market swayed it.

12/1 Little Reminder looks fair if at best and, not in betting, peanuts each-way 25/1 Shreyas Trojan.

Good luck!
Pause Switch to Standard View RPGTV, Sovereign Stakes - Coventry
Show More
Report Just Got Up August 14, 2013 6:59 PM BST
Great to see the Sovereign Stakes at Coventry. Great race when at Rye. Some top class winners including Ken Linzell's Upton Rocket, an absolute machine. Seems to me Coventry the only track that appreciates the history of this great game. Well done Harry.
Report dr . atkins August 14, 2013 7:06 PM BST
miss rye house every now and then people say its coming back
Report track record August 14, 2013 7:17 PM BST
rye house opens on a sunday night

rollercoaster ride  but enjoyable
Report dr . atkins August 14, 2013 7:19 PM BST
had one bet today 7.46r trap 3 clears 2 wins
Report irishone August 14, 2013 7:21 PM BST
I see the school holidays are still on over in the UK then Laugh
Report SlippyBlue August 14, 2013 7:54 PM BST
The lads are doing well, fair play to them.
Report track record August 14, 2013 8:46 PM BST
Laugh  irish

cant work out whats worse , watching england / scotland
or the clowns on the sofa
Report irishone August 14, 2013 8:58 PM BST
Inbetweeners
Report noflapleft August 14, 2013 9:07 PM BST
Jonny gibbons had some good sprinters and you would get the best flappers have a go
Flying pursuit knockroar brandy travers rock
Report Ravage Again August 14, 2013 9:19 PM BST
Sprint traps at cov seem very hitty missy loads of dogs walking out
Report Just Got Up August 14, 2013 10:11 PM BST
Flying Pursuit. Another fantastic dog. Maybe it's rose-tinted specs and all that but I'm convinced the dogs were better in thos days. None of this crap Aussie blood lines. A proper mix of track and field stock.
Report woodmanchester August 15, 2013 8:34 AM BST
Dogs like Daleys Gold and Lissadell Tiger, past winners, very fast.

Well, happy with Wells Honour especially now Ballymac Best out, should make it much easier, wont be seeing 7/2 again. Even 25/1 ew nibble Shreyas Trojan a close second and through but Little Reminder gone.
Report lockup August 15, 2013 1:06 PM BST
woody think our old boy Trojan is a little old to win it at 5 but he loves racing, unfortunately 2 is a bad draw he needs to be in 4 or 5 ideally, but if he traps well he could qualify, he has been a great dog for us as we bred him from the first dog we ran at Coventry Shreyas Tiger.
Report noflapleft August 15, 2013 3:33 PM BST
Don't think we will remember who won next week let alone 30 years
Report woodmanchester August 15, 2013 5:07 PM BST
Lockup, just coppers each-way (place prospects?)

Latest betting:
11/8 Wells Honour
9/2 Gone To Carrhue
11/2 Andlyns Asabat
14/1 bar

No more RPGTV for Sovereign Stakes though, i'm afarid with the semis and final scheduled for the next two Sundays. Can be viewed on e-tote, 24dogs though for a £5 fee
Report lockup August 15, 2013 7:25 PM BST
will be there cheering him on and our other dog Holdem Tight.
Report woodmanchester August 17, 2013 9:22 AM BST
Obviously 7/2 better, but still think 6/4 Wells Honour decent now. Looks nailed on to me!
Report woodmanchester August 18, 2013 8:48 PM BST
Lockup, well done Shreyas Trojan reaching final, wonder if my 25/1 each-way at the start gets first 4 places? Looks like Wells Honour under-achieved but still in final. Congrats with Holdem Tight, too. Seems you had a nice win Happy
Report SlippyBlue August 18, 2013 9:39 PM BST
woodmanchester   

15 Aug 13 08:34 

Dogs like Daleys Gold and Lissadell Tiger, past winners, very fast.

I remember Lissadell Tiger well woodmanchester, he was unfortunate in The Scurry at Catford to cross swords with a truly great greyhound in Farncombe Black who was pretty much a flying machine and unbeatable on his day especially around Catford.
Report woodmanchester August 18, 2013 9:47 PM BST
Yes, Farncombe Black was a flier. Ernie Gaskin senior trained Lissadell Tiger, i think. Remember Barry Silkman backing his dog, Calcium Express, against Tiger Romford one night, no chance. Got a great price Tiger! Happy
Report SlippyBlue August 18, 2013 9:54 PM BST
I was there for all the rounds that year, in the final Farncombe Black absolute nailed the break, Lissadell in the stripes went around in second and that's how it finished. He never had the engine to go past.

Farncombe Black was one of the best dogs I've ever seen.
Report woodmanchester August 18, 2013 9:59 PM BST
Yes, amazing
Report lockup August 19, 2013 12:12 AM BST
woody that 25s could be good as I said T2 was not a good draw but having missed the break he paced up very well and almost made the bend,we have 3 for the final which should be better fingers crossed but at 5 its great that he is still able to mix it in that company.
Holdem Tight is progressing very nicely and did the job well but is always a skinny price still a lot to come there we hope.
Report woodmanchester August 22, 2013 9:28 AM BST
Wrong saying 6/4 Wells Honour a decent price before the semis, now 9/4 for the final. Still think can turn the tables on Andlyns Asabet with a reasonable start, though. Not at best last time, imo
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com