Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
deansthemann
05 Aug 13 01:56
| Topic/replies: 911 | Blogger: deansthemann's blog
Imo should be the first choice line up the producers should anchor the show with... Presenting the programme Berresford shines as a laid back, loveable and enthusiastic person who gets through the programme with his own unconventional style. Daryll Williams just comes across as a dull, boring, one dimensional presenter who thinks he is a judge when in fact he is utterly clueless about the game and also a dull as both dishwater/ditchwater, very patronising man as well. Julie Collier should get the gig when Berresford is unavailable.
Paul Lawrence is head and shoulders above any other guest that has been on the couch imo, insightful and likeable pl should be first choice on the list for the sofa. Regular back-up's of Jonathon Hobbs and Phil Donaldson should complete the team.
Shame Roger Chapman is never sighted nowadays either, good presenters/pundits are few and far between.
Pause Switch to Standard View RPGTV - Paul Lawrence and Jason...
Show More
Report chica-guapa August 5, 2013 2:48 AM BST
PL is diff speed, traps, early pace to bend, good middle and stays trip well. Very informative too ie what you see is what you get, reads the profile/make up of a race very well. Will you have my babies ?
Report the.mad.dog.man August 5, 2013 7:45 AM BST
the irish trainer son is different class Jason is also good but but paul Lawrence you must be joking LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report irishone August 5, 2013 8:09 AM BST
Paul Lawrence should be judged on what he says not how he says it , he's tipping not presenting.

Jason comes from Bognor Regis... says it all Laugh
Report Just Got Up August 5, 2013 9:33 AM BST
Who is Roger Chapman????
Report the.mad.dog.man August 5, 2013 10:28 AM BST
you never heard of roger chapman everybody knows roger chapman
Report Just Got Up August 5, 2013 10:46 AM BST
Slipped passed me. What era does he come from??
Report patrick starr August 5, 2013 11:43 AM BST
Roger Jackson mdm?

Paul lawrence you have gotta be kidding me dean?!

Spends the entire show name dropping,then repeats what they have said as his own work,paul lawrence has NEVER once said a thing about a race/dog/track/trainer etc etc etc,that i didnt know or made me stop and think about what he said.

What paul lawrence does is state the absolute obvious but has a way of making ppl who listen think that its his own original and interesting thought when truth be told,even when it comes to the blatantly obvious, hes STILL repeating what someone who does know the game has told him,in short hes a bluffer/chancer imo.
Report the.mad.dog.man August 5, 2013 11:54 AM BST
last night he like Jefferson when it went to 11/10 he said im the same as Jonathon a lay but it was 2.90 on betfair I was pmsl
Report patrick starr August 5, 2013 11:57 AM BST
dont get me started on the aftertiming!!!

in the interests of balance,i will say imo he has very good contacts and makes the most of them so fair play there.
Report DONEMYLOT August 5, 2013 12:09 PM BST
Derek THompson
Report boosup August 5, 2013 12:24 PM BST
Roger Chapman is a Family man.
Report gwladys street August 5, 2013 1:21 PM BST
ive said it before and i'll say it again, Bob Betts should be on the show as a regular

top greyhound man
Report Ravage Again August 5, 2013 1:26 PM BST
Hmm PS surprised your so -ve on PL, I think he's really good particularly at Brough park, ok I'll acknowledge he does seem to have contacts at some of the tracks. But he does admitt this on the show

But I mean he leaves numpties like JK, Hobsie and errol stuck in the fooking traps. Though someone who picks loads of winners constantly would never be on the show regularly as its run by the bookies. Now and again is OK as creats an impression that joe public can win. Take ATR for example practically every fooking winner is well backed, its all about creating an impression that you can win at gambling, whereas in reality 95% people lose at gambling.
Report Ravage Again August 5, 2013 1:28 PM BST
I vote for a TR and PF double act
Report Just Got Up August 5, 2013 1:38 PM BST
Are you thinking of Jeremy Chapman?
Report the.mad.dog.man August 5, 2013 1:48 PM BST
it might Charlie chaplin
Report deansthemann August 5, 2013 4:22 PM BST
Ok you silly bunch of koonts i meant Roger Jackson Laugh, been so long i mixed his surname up with the golfer
pat you have pl on your anti list but i find that strange... we all have our own ways of getting it out the game, i use my own 2 eyes and dont listen to hardly a soul, if pl gets his card marked and then uses that on the show whats wrong with that... anybody being on the show has to talk hot air at somepoint during the 3 and a half hours, its the ones that you dont notice doing that are the best to have on there... mad dog man you are right irish trainer son was different gear esp for his age when he was on, but take it he based in ireland and wont get many apperances due to that
Report DONEMYLOT August 5, 2013 4:26 PM BST
Could do it via video link

I liked Dean when he was on, though Mim would have been far more camera friendly.

Its good when they have an OB, as filling in all that time becomes weary for them as well as the viewer(s).
Report deansthemann August 5, 2013 4:29 PM BST
should get lulu on there
gerry would soon liven things up

roger from hove v good too
Report patrick starr August 5, 2013 5:00 PM BST
fair points all dean,taken on board Happy
Report patrick starr August 5, 2013 5:07 PM BST
agree about kevin hennessey,you can tell was brought up in the sport,isnt trying to impress anyone at all and his knowledge just flows naturally,i bet his parents are enormously proud,theyve done a great job with a confident and talented lad!
Report bbc2 August 5, 2013 7:55 PM BST
bet none of them has been flapping thats proper dog racing
Report sparrow August 5, 2013 10:37 PM BST
Proper dog racing when Scurlogue Champ turns up as Fred. I think not.
Report the view August 5, 2013 11:46 PM BST
perfect scenario for rptv would be no presenters
just pics for 2 or 3 meets per day
most people watch with mute button engaged anyway
Report bbc2 August 6, 2013 9:40 AM BST
you miss the point sparrow you do your own dog and in my era take on the top licensed trainers in the big events
Report sparrow August 6, 2013 12:05 PM BST
bbc2, I assumed you was making a general point about flapping. Now I have no idea what you are getting at.
For the record, my Father also did his own dog, back in the 1930s at Temple Mills Lane track in London.
Report bbc2 August 6, 2013 12:27 PM BST
the point being the rpgtv pundits not the guests would not have a clue how to do a dog.
Report sparrow August 6, 2013 12:38 PM BST
Most probably so, bbc2. But they need to appeal to people who are not familiar with the sport.
I think Jason does a fair job in that respect.
Report bbc2 August 6, 2013 12:53 PM BST
they select the fav then explain that the dog found trouble when beatSad
Report sparrow August 6, 2013 12:59 PM BST
I don't know his name, but the one who irritates me, is the pundit who continually says " I kinda thought this" and "I kinda thought that".
People watching too many American sitcoms I think.
Report bbc2 August 6, 2013 1:01 PM BST
juicy annoys me cant do a comm forgets what her nap was
Report sparrow August 6, 2013 1:04 PM BST
Good to look at though.
Report DONEMYLOT August 6, 2013 1:28 PM BST
it will be a Youngy dog that's been tipped up to her

The fella that owns the good dogs like Gaga seems very smug and is painful
Report noflapleft August 9, 2013 1:29 PM BST
Piss my self weds Jason calling his dog the winner at 3rd bend clear pip on line funny as fk
Report Winja August 17, 2013 10:45 PM BST
PL and Phil both on good form tonight.....1000% better than the youth or the bird.....made the viewing enjoyable with the sound up....
Report Kriskin August 18, 2013 12:52 AM BST
I agree Jason is the best front man.  Take Hobbsy, JK & Darryl off to fook. 

Bring back the Colonel LaughLaugh
Report [x] These checkboxes suck August 18, 2013 11:12 AM BST
Jason is quality
Report the.mad.dog.man August 18, 2013 11:33 AM BST
Jason is number 1 paul Lawrence number 99
Report track record August 18, 2013 11:33 AM BST
dont care if ravage presents or is one of the tipsters
but would deffo be good viewing  LaughWink
Report Ravage Again August 18, 2013 3:46 PM BST
Thanks TR though I suspect would be heavily censored and kicked out by bouncers after 5 minutes

I mean come on that 8 bender last night the t3 dog was 4l behind the leader at the 6th bend was running totally different speed and caught the leader at 7th bend PL said it hung and waited, Hobsie and Darren just smiled and winked at each other saying saying nowt
Report irishone August 19, 2013 8:52 AM BST
Pee's me off when they " just smiled and winked at each other saying saying nowt " its better telly when the ruck goes off imho, good entertainment, think ricky was brilliant first time he was on, jk turned in his grave (he is dead isn't he ?), fact is the truth is too hard to stomach for most people , let alone the masses.

Loved the bolleaux Big Mac came out with on the morning line or Barry's bismark stint, saint and greavsie (remember them ?) , Dunphy still about over here, hope Neville and Carragcher start rucking on sky Laugh there is something to be said about the entertainment of watching one person take a view and another oppose it but not in a Question Time way (too nice) Laugh.

Gets people talking and promotes the game through the "bad news is good news" hypothesis. Laugh
Report wondersobright August 19, 2013 11:34 AM BST
agree winja/irish
Report budapest August 19, 2013 3:34 PM BST
In my opinion the best line up would be; Jason as the front man hosting the show, Gary Wiltshire as the bookies man with a understanding of how they think and a guest from the past on 854 and 425 a Malcolm Francis who knew all the dogs, about promotion of the sport ( although a bit tiring when he went on about Coventry).Also he should of known alot about flapping, he went enough before he went to Coventry. That line up  would be fun,contraversial,knowledgable and good viewing.
Report safari guide August 20, 2013 9:05 AM BST
Unfortunately Budapest it would alienate all new viewers and those whose experiences do not include flapping. The good stories are those which involve some form of skulduggery which although entertaining are not really displaying the message that betting is straight which is a prerequisite for a channel sponsored by bookmakers encouraging betting.

Paul Lawrence is a terrific guest whose commentaries are full of passion and comic quips. I remember the race he commentated on a while back with a greyhound he had napped defending a slender lead with PL crying from the third bend “he’s coming but she’s better than him, his still coming but she knows she’s better than him” his voice was filled with equal amounts of joy and trepidation and when he called his nap over the line by a head victory it was a fantastic moment.
Report the.mad.dog.man August 20, 2013 10:32 AM BST
paul Lawrence please say you are joking
Report wondersobright August 20, 2013 10:38 AM BST
no reason imo why PL shouldn't be on as a pundit once a week
Report the.mad.dog.man August 20, 2013 11:09 AM BST
no no nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Report irishone August 20, 2013 12:15 PM BST
what I think is good about p l is , me and several others gave him a bit of stick for constantly defending his choices after the race, but tbf he has worked on that weakness and now holds his hands up more often when he gets it wrong.

its a pity a few on here, not mentioning any names had a bit of the same humility instead of thinking they are god's gift to the forum!
Report Winja August 20, 2013 3:46 PM BST
m
Report Winja August 20, 2013 3:47 PM BST
mad dog if you were on his next best Saturday night....last race...last chance....trying to get out of a hole......5/2 never in danger after the first.....you would have a different opinion.....
Report Deptford August 20, 2013 7:41 PM BST
Birchy should be the anchor man
Report irishone August 20, 2013 8:30 PM BST
behave deptford Laugh
Report putmeonpal August 21, 2013 7:20 AM BST
Anyway its not Patrick, it's Neil
Report putmeonpal August 22, 2013 9:32 PM BST
And for Starr - read Price
Report patrick starr August 23, 2013 12:19 AM BST
and? most of the lads here know exactly who i am
Report patrick starr August 23, 2013 12:44 AM BST
did someone tell you that pl...or did you work it out for yourself?
Report irishone August 23, 2013 12:52 AM BST
seriously wot difference does it make paul ?

If you come on here regularly enough people can suss out what type of person you are anyway Laugh
Report Dan Chipowski August 23, 2013 3:44 AM BST
Oddly, I think PL is ok when he's on the show, but comes across very badly from the posts I've seen him make on here.
Report putmeonpal August 23, 2013 9:19 AM BST
i dont post on here really anymore as u prob know- as the great Jerry Croxford once said - "opinions are like @rseh0les - everybody has got one"  Neil, if u would like to e-mail me on plgbm@ y a h o o .co.uk then i would gladly make comment on a couple of remarks u have made as i feel u may have mis-read me. If not feel free to "spoon your eyes out" tomorrow night
Report irishone August 23, 2013 9:38 AM BST
I heard they call you "lollipop" in the studio paul because if would lick yourself on air if you could, or is it after a "lollipop lady" because you make everyone cross ?   Laugh
Report nb1 August 23, 2013 9:47 AM BST
Jason is ok as front man.  Ie he is quite funny but knows about as much about dogs as my 2 year old  jk knows he's dogs Dave lawrence must be paying them to get on knows FA   I like Julie but feel embarrassed for her at times only on for obvious reasons   and as for guest's important they have personality and stories to tell. Roger is fantastic.  Harry would be as good if not better .also who really cares what most of them nap nb lay of day etc  should have own opinion or very select group of trusted opinions  first rule is see with your own eyes .
Report noflapleft August 23, 2013 11:20 AM BST
Never get 100% on same sheet
As a show to watch without bets Jason so far in front errol in dist 2 nd rest stayed in traps
Paul is a punter been there done it . A lot think they know better and don't like to be wrong .
Most sit on the fence not rocking the boat jobs worth
Big gaz rab great tv but with two meetings to cramp ok on sund
Report irishone August 23, 2013 6:14 PM BST
lbh plenty of right characters on here wouldn't chance it
Report nb1 August 24, 2013 12:45 PM BST
With ref to my last post on this thread I meant Dave Clark not Dave Lawrence
Report Ravage Again August 24, 2013 1:50 PM BST
Never meet PL in real life b4 but comes across as a decent fellow on the show always pleasant and polite, the chap has an opinion and if he sees a dog hanging or fighting or checking at a bend for no reason at all he says it. A breath of fresh air compared with the rest of them fence sitters bookie sponsored bum lickers

Also he a class commentator as well, though PL when your next on with errol and he talks over and interrupts you for the 57th time in a show can you tell the fooker to calm down, stop shouting, chill/relax and if he can't go back to his doctor to change his tablets Laugh
Report the.mad.dog.man August 24, 2013 7:39 PM BST
mute button
Report Czechbet August 24, 2013 7:55 PM BST
seems cray is level and fast at minute... strange as its p1ssed down all arvo

one drip on bags its ankle deep rail, maybe because the world is watching they have to do it right... hmmm
Report Kriskin August 24, 2013 8:23 PM BST
Betfair had the reserve in the wrong trap before the race.  Balbec Jake was in T.6.  WTF is going on
Report Winja August 24, 2013 8:44 PM BST
Czech the NGRC had someone at Crayford all day yesterday to help look at the track because of the unusually high amount of recent injuries........the track was running very well last night
Report patrick starr August 24, 2013 8:57 PM BST
To follow up my apology on rpgtv to pl,i think i better apologise here also,have spoke with pl today and hes put me right on a few things i said and frankly i feel i have got him wrong in hindsight so good luck to him in future and i will endeavour to be more considerate in future,as pl said to me,they are human beings after all.
Report the.mad.dog.man August 24, 2013 9:01 PM BST
dear old pals jolly old pals
Report SlippyBlue August 24, 2013 9:01 PM BST
Well played Patrick for that. I heard your e-mail being read out, you were man enough to apologise so jobs a goodun.
Report Winja August 24, 2013 9:16 PM BST
have a day off mad dog ffs.......
Report irishone August 24, 2013 9:16 PM BST
w d p s
Report Czechbet August 24, 2013 9:55 PM BST
thanks for info winja, gone a bit wide now understandably but running ok
Report Winja August 24, 2013 10:01 PM BST
I could not believe a little bitch like whistleandflute could have won if the track had not been fully worked on yesterday.....24.5 kilo dogs couldn't pull their feet out of the glue pot as the track was with the rain.......lets hope they keep it in good nick going forward.....
Report Czechbet August 24, 2013 10:08 PM BST
wish she didnt win lol had 6 in multis at 6s, thought 6 won tbh gutted
Report irishone August 24, 2013 10:18 PM BST
on amigo here
Report irishone August 24, 2013 10:24 PM BST
Cry
Report Czechbet August 24, 2013 10:25 PM BST
want 5x6 for 5 figs, scared about minnie ssn ripe and 5 may idle...

hold on to you hats, want 6 going clear to drop for 5 on the run in
Report Czechbet August 24, 2013 10:28 PM BST
mother fcker lol had trio for saver but sick
Report irishone August 25, 2013 8:38 AM BST
Clearly there is something afoot
Paul embarrassingly squeezed the word "Bias" out once in the whole evening
This isn't the first time, the Sunderland wide bias went without discussion recently
Are you under orders putmeonpal ?

How good was whistleandflutes run ? Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com