Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
hillcrest
31 Jul 13 19:54
| Topic/replies: 432 | Blogger: hillcrest's blog
18.41 at shelbourne tonight, not bad for a dog withdrawn lame, ummmm
Show More
Report Ravage Again July 31, 2013 7:57 PM BST
LOL the dog was never lame, a whole of bullsh1t
Report lanza July 31, 2013 8:39 PM BST
come on lads....those niggles have obviously been ironed out. Laugh
Report greytom July 31, 2013 8:53 PM BST
What about ante post punters disgrace
Report Dan Chipowski July 31, 2013 8:55 PM BST
Seems over the worst of it. Laugh
Report GLASGOWCALLING July 31, 2013 8:57 PM BST
Report GLASGOWCALLING July 31, 2013 8:58 PM BST
Has a few niggles that need sorting out every now and again. Will be fine for the Irish Derby

ffs, you couldnt make it up......ShockedShocked
Report noflapleft July 31, 2013 10:18 PM BST
How many rats .. Will be more to come
Report Swayne July 31, 2013 10:54 PM BST
sprint time he done tonight is equal to track record that has stood for 9 years. Good run for a dog on 3 legs, what time could he do with 4?
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK July 31, 2013 11:18 PM BST
soon as that dog done that time at hove
His owner thought ( god bejesus paddy get this feck to shelbourne park )
**** the Sussex off
I thought the run was flash in the pan
I thought wrong he's in top order !
Its bad what's been done but
They do it all the time over in Ireland
last year what was that dog called that **** off
all bar one sprint at Dundalk final or semi
Got to semi or final of the derby last year

it happens all the time its not cricket here with Antepost betting !!!!
Report lanza July 31, 2013 11:27 PM BST
coolykereen imp won a heat in the second round..went to derby final.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK July 31, 2013 11:51 PM BST
He only went two rounds  ,
still people lost out on him Antepost for it !
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK July 31, 2013 11:51 PM BST
He only went two rounds  ,
still people lost out on him Antepost for it !
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK July 31, 2013 11:54 PM BST
Why is it tolerate in Ireland
them euro ain't cheap
Over there ! no eyebrows
Are rised either !!
Report Deptford August 1, 2013 8:13 AM BST
Scandal
Report DONEMYLOT August 1, 2013 8:23 AM BST
truly shocking, just taking the pi55
Report boosup August 3, 2013 11:27 AM BST
all seems a bit of a flap to me.
Report woodmanchester August 3, 2013 11:30 AM BST
Think he'll go a long way in the Irish Derby but would want a bit better than the current 16/1, really
Report deansthemann August 3, 2013 3:54 PM BST
why cant it just be reported as somebody stitched someone up so somebody stitched the same person up back with two fingers up to say have some of your own medicine instead of pulled out lame
Report BJG August 3, 2013 5:30 PM BST
It is with great sadness and no little anger, that I feel the need to respond to the allegations and mistruths that surround this whole affair.

When I left Ireland on May 30th, to contest the English derby, it was my intention to stay in the UK for the foreseeable future. The special authority licence under which I could run Exocet was valid until July 1st. While I was in England in Donovan’s kennels, from the 31st May to 25th July I was in sole and total control of Exocet, he was only running under Paul Donovan’s name for convenience. When he was entered in the Sussex Cup, it was never my intention to run the Exocet in the Irish Derby.

I backed the dog on July 11th when he fell out of the boxes and ran well, on the July 18th I had €1,000 on him in Ireland and Paul Donovan placed £1,000 on for me in England. On this occasion, he failed to clear to Express Master & Bridge Honcho by a whisker, losing all momentum, yet only got beaten by 1.75 lengths.

To say, I felt subdued would be an understatement, not only had I done my money but also any chance of a sale. To his credit, Chris Allsopp has always had an eye for the dog, however after two defeats; any potential buyer would be setting the agenda.

On July 25th, I left Donovan’s with 4 dogs at 5pm: Exocet, Freedom Cache, Lode Esteem & Drohobych Star (trial). I followed Brian Clemenson to Hove, however I took a wrong turn at the last roundabout and it took 50 minutes to get back up the road due to grid iron, the dog was then unable to trial due to lateness and Brian Clemenson proceeded to weigh in the dogs.

I did NOT back Exocet on July 25th, nor did anyone back him on my behalf. I was delighted that he had won and elated by the clock. Considering the money lost on him in the proceeding 2 weeks, the £10,000 for the Sussex Cup for which he had a realistic chance of winning, would put the plan back on track.

Brian Clemenson loaded the van and at approximately 10.50pm, I was driving back up the A23/M23 when the phone rang showing Paul Donovan’s number. I was sure it was going to be a congratulatory call and that all was well. I am still trying to come to terms with what happened next. In a quiet controlled voice, he accused me of stopping Exocet on July 18th. I told him to ring me back in an hour, and I would pretend he never said it but he insisted that the dog (that he was in sole control of since 4.50pm on the 18/07/13 until 10.30pm) was stopped.

I was then told to take Exocet and go home. I drove to Donovan’s and transferred Exocet into by own van, before feeding him and heading back to Ireland. I arrived at Holyhead at 6.30am and was back in Ireland at 12.20 on Friday July 26th.

It was not my intention to drag this affair into the gutter with personal attacks, as until this point I had very cordial relations with the Donovans. Even after the incident, Terry Donovan was understanding and apologetic.

For the record, Exocet was last in a vets in April when Brian Jones micro chipped him.
Report kingsburyken August 3, 2013 5:46 PM BST
oh dear
Report deansthemann August 3, 2013 6:26 PM BST
2 sides to every story, thats one side, i think the other side would be very different
moral of the story for anyone, always be careful of who you try and stitch up
Report kingsburyken August 3, 2013 7:15 PM BST
bjg is very convinceing
Report greytom August 4, 2013 7:43 AM BST
How was the vets cert  obtained
Report greytom August 4, 2013 7:43 AM BST
How was the vets cert  obtained
Report Swayne August 4, 2013 12:05 PM BST
Ap bets all refunded by bookies I hear
Report Deptford August 4, 2013 12:45 PM BST
Whatever way you look at it, it stinks, no one with the guts to ask proper questions, those on The Post are a gutless bunch of bottom licking cowards
Report GLASGOWCALLING August 4, 2013 8:15 PM BST
agree with DEPTFORD, the whole thing stank since the day after withdrawal when the RP gave a short story stating the dog was withdrawn without

giving any reason. ????, which seemed strange to me. ffs, what ever happened to proper journalists giving us the true story. !!!
Report the.mad.dog.man August 4, 2013 8:55 PM BST
a real journalist would be knocking on there doors sorry to say no journalists on the post
Report irishone August 5, 2013 8:07 AM BST
lads FFS

this sort of thing happens all the time

its disappointing that when the punter actually gets the full story .... still not satisfied
Report Ravage Again August 5, 2013 1:38 PM BST
Yes but in England the trainer actually trains the dog

LOL well at least 40% of the time
Report Just Got Up August 5, 2013 1:43 PM BST
Staggering how the Post has completely overlooked this disgraceful contempt for punters. Even the bookmakers realised the punters were being mugged off and gave them their money back. The Post's inaction is appalling.
Report hunglikeadonkey August 6, 2013 8:45 PM BST
Glasgow I think all High Street firms have refunded AP bets on Exocet. Lads and Coral certainly have
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK August 6, 2013 8:49 PM BST
Thought the bookies gave
The punters back there money?
wish they gave me back my glanpadden post money he showed **** all
anyway
Report GLASGOWCALLING August 6, 2013 8:56 PM BST
sorry lads, dont get the post regular...so why are they refunding bets, and the BGRB say  it may be worth having a chat with the dogs owner...

...yes FATTY i backed glenpadden as welll and i agree he never raised a gallop...the dog is lot better than we saw there...GLASGOW.
Report GLASGOWCALLING August 17, 2013 1:17 PM BST
i hope iam right in thinking that the dog was knockedout of the derby last night.
Report the.mad.dog.man August 17, 2013 1:25 PM BST
withdrawn LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report casemoney August 17, 2013 11:31 PM BST
those on The Post are a gutless bunch of bottom licking cowards

Laugh  classic Laugh
Report woodmanchester August 18, 2013 7:21 AM BST
The way Exocet was easing in Irish Derby makes me wonder if something amiss in Sussex Cup, after all. In which case, dont think bets should have been refunded?
Report safari guide August 18, 2013 1:41 PM BST
Maybe the reason Mr Donovan was so upset was the losing hove performance was not as surprising as the winning hove performance. Who knows?  A dog for sale, losing wagers, unconvincing story leading to delayed visit to track, aeroplane performance, trainer accusations, withdrawal, dog still for sale, reputation enhanced, derby entry, unable to repeat aeroplane performance in subsequent runs, out of derby. It is in the minds of individuals to work out their own understanding of the real situation and your opinion may well be correct Woodmanchester or just one of several options.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y August 18, 2013 1:42 PM BST
best not to comment in my opinon as i doubt many on here know what actually happened - i know one side to the story but still won't comment as it is not my place!!
Report woodmanchester August 18, 2013 8:54 PM BST
Let's put it this way, a 29.29 515m Hove dog, wouldnt be expected to go round 503m Shelbourne in 30.36 and 30.66, opening a can of worms, or not
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y August 18, 2013 9:03 PM BST
the dog was not lame during the Sussex Cup, read one of the owners quote below posted by BJG
Report track record August 18, 2013 9:10 PM BST
is that a picture of you pf  ?
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y August 18, 2013 9:19 PM BST
why? you trying to hit on me BlushPlain
Report woodmanchester August 18, 2013 9:23 PM BST
Maybe not but it's lame or something now, dunno if naturally though
Report irishone August 19, 2013 8:34 AM BST
track record     18 Aug 13 21:10 "is that a picture of you pf  ?"

could be his premier fantasy ? Laugh
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y August 19, 2013 11:48 AM BST
Grin
Post Your Reply