Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
woodmanchester
03 Jul 13 09:23
| Topic/replies: 30,419 | Blogger: woodmanchester's blog
On recent Coventry form, Monmore Puppy Derby finalist Johnnys Boy would be a worthy antepost favourite, imo, if there's any betting.

However, my friend has a dog running, Brazen Knight trained by Barrie Draper and his performances will be my main interest. If he reaches the £15k final, Saturday July 20th, would have liked to have been there, coz of party time. I'm away on the east coast though and it would mean a 480 mile round trip to Wiltshire
Pause Switch to Standard View Produce Stakes, Swindon - early thoughts
Show More
Report woodmanchester July 3, 2013 9:32 AM BST
Draper also has a couple of Yorkshire-prefixed runners, especially Coral should perform well.

Arguably the strongest team is Sallis' Klockwork brigade, especially Kaipo and Korker, imo.

Mark Wallis' brings a could of useful Blonde dogs, Tango and Bobby, both set to go a long way.

Think local handler Dave Firmager surprisingly, only has one runner this year, Romeo Hi Rumble, worth but worthy of respect, nevertheless.

The English bred event is important to smaller trainers, too. Not familiar with DW Lee who trains at Sittingbourne but he's got several prefixed "Special" dogs entered and wouldnt surprise me if some do better than expected.
Report woodmanchester July 5, 2013 1:09 PM BST
Power priced up but would seem a bit of a damp squib with 4 of the top 5 in the betting shorter than a local layer. Nevertheless, found a gem. Not saying what in case you all jump on though and set alarm bells ringing. Cant be right, poss palp. Said too much already! Whoops.

Bet tonight an acca: Son Of Delboy (make all with Blonde Tango needing to reproduce trial form and Brazen Knight needing a bit further), Romeo Hi Rumble (looks relatively straight forward), Klockwork Korker (only Yorkshire Coral to beat and no pace inside sways it) and Blonde Bobby (by virtue of superior all-round pace.)

Good luck!
Report patrick starr July 5, 2013 1:26 PM BST
owner will spot it,hope he gets some on
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 5, 2013 1:28 PM BST
Laugh good luck with that!!!
Report patrick starr July 5, 2013 1:29 PM BST
and if hes looking in,no local shop here and i aint gonna bother with my 1.50ew online!
Report patrick starr July 5, 2013 1:29 PM BST
lol pf
Report woodmanchester July 5, 2013 1:30 PM BST
Have a good night if youre going Patrick. My friend's got Brazen Knight in first heat, just looking to qualify. Needs every yard of 500m but you never know if he reaches the decider and trouble up front. Dog could do a time if breaking one day
Report patrick starr July 5, 2013 1:32 PM BST
not going tonight woody unfortunately,hoping my mates cimla pups run well,good luck to your friend also Happy
Report woodmanchester July 5, 2013 1:35 PM BST
Yeah, good luck. Think my friend's gone down with Barrie, so hoping to get news of Eske and his possible Irish Derby bid
Report woodmanchester July 5, 2013 8:26 PM BST
Delboy beat Knight. Happy with that Happy
Report patrick starr July 6, 2013 12:45 AM BST
4 from 5 cimlas through HappyHappyHappy
Report woodmanchester July 6, 2013 11:23 AM BST
Special Release won, too! Cool
Report woodmanchester July 10, 2013 6:21 PM BST
2nd round on BAGS tonight and would like Special Release to qualify. Would be a big 33/1 antepost winner and there has been money for the dog.

My pal's Brazen Knight has an estimated 7.5 lengths to find with long odds-on Johnnys Boy but still looks clear 2nd best for silver, take the 2.60 forecast with 365 now Wink.

Only other bet also a forecast. Son Of Delboy will surely have matters in hand but clear second fav Antartica, wasnt exactly a superstar at Belle Vue
Report woodmanchester July 10, 2013 6:24 PM BST
...and reckon 16/1 Seathwaite Frann will be recording a similar end time, so obviously prefer the 8.49 forecast that than 3.73 for the fav to beat Antartica

Good luck!
Report woodmanchester July 10, 2013 6:29 PM BST
PS The best bet of the meeting was 10/11 Yorkshire Coral, imo but long gone, 8/11 best now Plain
Report woodmanchester July 11, 2013 12:56 AM BST
6/6 winning favs. Ended up getting a 4/1, 4-fold up thanks to my friend. Only small stake but keeps the wolves from the door.

Johnnys Boy, easily, impressive 28.18, 10 lengths. Brazen Knight extremely unlucky for the forecast. Inexplicably checked entering the back straight, may have hit rails and failed by a whisker to get silver. Early indications, he's okay.
Report woodmanchester July 11, 2013 1:00 AM BST
Son Of Delboy shot from the traps but didnt pull clear until later stages.

My Special Release railed the bends well en route to success but very much middle home straight, .

Very easy wins for Yorkshire Coral, Klockworks Kaipo and Korker. Draper 3 through to semis, so ton expenses shared 3-ways. Job's a good 'un
Report patrick starr July 16, 2013 1:44 PM BST
many congrats to your friends dog on making the final woody and very best of luck saturday
Report woodmanchester July 16, 2013 10:54 PM BST
Thanks Patrick. I'm over the moon for him. Needs trouble up front but still got chance of a bite £15k cherry
Report Swayne July 21, 2013 5:28 PM BST
Final   http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DOg4OGhDnes
Report patrick starr July 21, 2013 5:55 PM BST
well done to delboy and connections,tremendously gutsy run
Report Givethedogabone July 22, 2013 1:08 PM BST
Son of Delboy *** Superstar
Report DONEMYLOT July 22, 2013 1:19 PM BST
dogs come on a bundle since that sprint runner-up, well done
Report Givethedogabone July 22, 2013 2:01 PM BST
Thank you to everyone for their messages and kind words.

Damien will have a month off now and return late August.

What this space for more info.

Once again thanks for all your kind words and a special Thank you to Stuart Buckland and all the staff.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com