Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cammy glasgow
08 Nov 12 18:21
| Topic/replies: 1,261 | Blogger: cammy glasgow's blog
Anyone remember Glittering Crowm 510mtrs Hurdles scr dog ? WOOPSY scr 500mtres 670mtres open winner
Pause Switch to Standard View SHAWFIELD MEMORIES
Show More
Report 3132 November 8, 2012 7:37 PM GMT
Popalong Fred - great wee dog round Shawfield.  Always remember him.
Report middleman November 8, 2012 9:44 PM GMT
Far too many to mention.
Report the bairn November 9, 2012 12:41 AM GMT
you'll have to be old to remember Rockfield Era, won the Edinburgh Cup too, also saw Patricias Hope win the Scottish Derby. cheers.
Report greytom November 9, 2012 7:10 AM GMT
Just Fame owned by Mrs Donald wife of Jimmy Donald Ashfield owner
Report smidge01 November 9, 2012 7:22 PM GMT
Popalong Fred - great wee dog round Shawfield.  Always remember him.  So do I lol.they pulled a few strokes with him at the flapping.remember jimmy wright sitting at roundabout on a Sunday before racing at Armadale,letting all and sundry see the dog.race time comes and they smash their other dog of the boards.
Report smidge01 November 9, 2012 7:22 PM GMT
Popalong Fred - great wee dog round Shawfield.  Always remember him.  So do I lol.they pulled a few strokes with him at the flapping.remember jimmy wright sitting at roundabout on a Sunday before racing at Armadale,letting all and sundry see the dog.race time comes and they smash their other dog of the boards.
Report greytom November 9, 2012 9:03 PM GMT
Sorry Starr never made a book and cant remember him working for teacher
Report greytom November 9, 2012 9:04 PM GMT
Sorry posted on wrong thread
Report greytom November 9, 2012 9:11 PM GMT
The Fair Friday the nite Lowfield King won was frightening thot the punters were goin to riot
Report cammy glasgow November 10, 2012 12:19 AM GMT
The night STAR JOE CAUGHT SCOTS CLAN UP THE HOME STRAIGHT IN A 670 MTRES CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry
Report cammy glasgow November 10, 2012 12:20 AM GMT
THE NIGHT STAR JOE CAUGHT SCOTSCLAN UP THE RUN IN OVER 670 MTRES SOOOOOOOO CRUEL CryCryCryCryCryCry
Report middleman November 11, 2012 10:20 AM GMT
Ok here goes.

My own personal fav was the first round of the derby when Dimples Emerald beat Irish hot pot Spring Time.I went into the track on the wednesday with the dog to get our photo taken witnessing the draw with Owen Coyle and then there was a full page in the Daily Record with the picture and a write up about local outsider Dimples Emerald.I was buzzing when i went out on parade with him and when he flashed out i never stopped roaring all the way round.To top it of i had 25/1 to 40 quid which made it sweeter.

Obviously Crack Of The Ash still holding the track record is sweet aswell.

Others that i loved that we had at some point were Hanover Pine,Ellens Cougar,Machan Tiger,Machan Tommy,Fence Master,Fox Of War,Windsom Emma,Sewmuch Speed,Jordans Spark,Jordans Elect,Badgy Bee,Haliska Charmer,Lemon Master(McCabe at flapps),Alans Rocket,Spirit Level,Charlie Sprout,Band Of Shelter,Deenside Date and loads more that my memory cant remember right now.

Of other trainers at the tracks dogs who ran in at least one handicap my favourites would be Barney The Bold,Crown Rover,Foxcover Lizzie,Popalong Fred,Crookfur Dan,Solar Vixen and my absolute fav was Stay Please.Again loads i have forgot.

As for handicappers then Boysinmaroon and Judy Champ would have to be up there with the most consistant.

Worst betting moments ever were having 1500 quid on Rockmount Corrie when i was 17 in a level race at 3/1 into 4/6 and he stumbled badly at the start and got beat a sh and a sh in 3rd and was clear after the line.The other would be 1000 quid on a dog called Aura
Master trained by Stirling at 9/2.Was a strong runner and it was out of trap 3 sitting level with one of ours who didnt stay called Ideal Peace and the front marker was a plug and the back 2 were slow away.Thought it only had to hold third place down the back and it wins easy.Boxes opened and it flashed out and stayed wide and led the third bend and shot clear only for Ideal Peace to get up and beat it a short head.I was in a state of shock for ages afterwards.Cry
Report cammy glasgow November 12, 2012 4:15 PM GMT
grat styff middleman crokfur dan in level opens was a class act and crack of the ash remember havinn £500 on him xmas eve @ 4/6 off scr beat as well jordans angel , blacklea imp, blacklea sprite and the 2 brothere blacklea brae , and blacklea wit went to powderhall open to see wit over 650mtrs got beat by shawfield dog to ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh long train journey that was wit gave liams trend 4m over 500  and beat it great race by wit .memories eh ExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcited
Report greytom November 18, 2012 5:44 PM GMT
gettin 2sMr Helga on the Monday when he had done the clock Coatbridge oid track (Mckee hare0 on the Friday
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com