Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
20 May 12 09:38
| Topic/replies: 19,506 | Blogger: p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y's blog
more importantly does anybody have the Champion Hurdle draw?? Devil
Pause Switch to Standard View Screw the Derby Final ┌∩┐...
Show More
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y May 20, 2012 9:41 AM BST
I bet ye didn't expect the inside post to say that!! Laugh
Report irishone May 20, 2012 9:45 AM BST
i was really looking forward to going

now it feels like a romford friday open night
Report wedge1 May 20, 2012 9:50 AM BST
9.05pm Williamhill.com Champion Hurdle final 1 Olivers Twist 2 Baran Bally Hi (m) 3  Billis Renegade (m) 4 Clonkeen Theo (m) 5 Skywalker Falcon (w) 6 Baltylum Houdini (w)
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y May 20, 2012 9:54 AM BST
Jayfkay had a dodgy draw outside of Judicial and he edged in while Judicial ran off the bend and he couldn't recover.
Phoenix has nowhere to go on the bend and ran into them and also got more trouble on the 3rd when i thought he could still qualify.
Rioga walked out and his chance was gone.
Bugatti likewise walked out and was gone, he showed good early up but was never going to recover.
Droopys Jet pretty mush the same, didn't come away.
Droopys Loner i felt so sorry for, after i stopped feeling sorry for myself Laugh she ran her heart out and it was a bit cruel how she was caught for 3rd on the line but still it's a 480m race and not 470m.

It's dog racing and these things happen, you need a lot of luck in big competitions. You need good draws, to miss the trouble spots and things to fall right, unfortunately for the 6 above things didn't work out, some unlucky and others due to their own mistakes.

Anyway back to the important business, i have the Derby and Derby Plate draws but can't find the champion Hurdle draw
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y May 20, 2012 9:54 AM BST
Thanks Wedge
Report pocket pairs May 21, 2012 12:27 PM BST
pf what you fancy ?
i cant see olivers twist pinging like that again  on sat and therefore make it  a lay if short enough with some strong opposistion

nothing against the dog know the owner comes on here just looking at it from a gambling point of view
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y May 21, 2012 12:36 PM BST
I've backed Clonkeen Theo @ 20s and 16s and Baltylum Houdini @ 7s.

I think Baltylum Houdini is well drawn as i see the 5 lads moving in towards the middle. He would want to come away better but if he does i think he may get the run of the race and he showed decent boot 2 to 3 the other night.

It wouldn't surprise me to see plenty of trouble in the race to be honest, how will Oli take the bend this week? The lads have told everybody the problem so that's a worry, Baran Bali Hi would rather be further out, Billis Renegade goes up well and the Skywalker dog i think will move in so i could see possible carnage and if there is it could play into the hands of the racing screw that is Clonkeen Theo, even at that he may refuse to take the opportunity but at the price i thought he's worth playing.

Everybody seems to think Olivers Twist is badly draw but i don't really think so as Baran Bali Hi wants to move off so he should have plenty of space on the inside, basically my worry is how he ran the bend Saturday night. Hopefully Lisa can work her magic for Oli and the lads that she did for the final at Harolds Cross and he pisses up.
Report Zach_Thomas54 May 21, 2012 5:05 PM BST
I am a big Billis Renegade fan and can see him leading from start to finish.

The problem with Clonkeen Theo is that he can't jump the last hurdle... he jumps it so far away and so high.

Just look at last weeks run and the Grand National last year!!
Report woodmanchester May 21, 2012 6:45 PM BST
Blackhall Prince never made it so i would say Twist now at the 11/8, i think, better than the 6/4 before the heats now a guaranteed finalist. Didnt see the heats, went to a 40th after Derby semis, and realise time much slower than Renegade. Dunno what the lads said and seems there could be a problem taking the bends but overall, from what i know, Twist has the deffo beating of Baran and more reliable than Renegade. Hurdle racing is often a lottery though, so will only be minimum stakes, if i play at all. Tempted with PF's Theo at a price to make amends for his 66/1 short head defeat for me in Grand National. Did me a turn in the Springbok the previous year though. Could be a battle of heads, so who knows? Could be pot luck Plain
Report VALUEMAN May 21, 2012 8:50 PM BST
Im ALL IN at 11/8.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y May 21, 2012 8:56 PM BST
Well i've done my bit mate by not putting the jonah on him Grin
Report VALUEMAN May 21, 2012 8:59 PM BST
LaughLaugh
Report pocket pairs May 22, 2012 12:05 PM BST
i almost had a grand sat teatime on olivers to win outright thought it looked nailed on (remembered it was a hurdle race and seen sense)
but after seeing the heat and the way it pinged thought it should of won by a lot more.

if its short enough will lay if not will watch the race as a neutral and be asked a hundred times by the nipper "please dad can we buy a hurdler" thats all i need Crazy
Report Highspider May 22, 2012 2:36 PM BST
Valueman, it was good to meet you on Saturday and all the best for the final, its only all good for us if you win, so will be shouting him on and maybe we can do a deal on Olivers Nephew ? :))
Report VALUEMAN May 22, 2012 3:25 PM BST
And you mate, fingers crossed for Saturday, wouldn't mind the sprinter you were trialling!!?
Report Highspider May 22, 2012 3:31 PM BST
He's entered for Saturday , only going to pick up the lolly :))
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y May 24, 2012 12:19 PM BST
I persume Baltylum Houdini is a NR, boy can i stop a dog in hurdle races Laugh
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y May 24, 2012 12:29 PM BST
Out of interest are bets placed on this on Sunday ante post? I thought they would be NR-NB
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y May 24, 2012 12:34 PM BST
Don't mind me, just checked the rules and as i suspected i was right Devil
Report woodmanchester May 24, 2012 4:44 PM BST
PF, i would check to see if your stake gets returned into your account coz when i've enquired about very early prices before, been told it's only non runner-no bet within 48 hours of the race Plain
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y May 24, 2012 4:59 PM BST
I'll get the stake back when they settle the race, c) Where a greyhound is withdrawn after the draw for the final is made, all bets struck after the draw but prior to withdrawal of our prices will be settled at starting price, and bets on the withdrawn greyhound will be void.
Report joevalue147 May 24, 2012 10:19 PM BST
I presume this rule would be across the board PF would it??
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y May 24, 2012 11:02 PM BST
I took that off corals site but yeah it should be across the board
Report joevalue147 May 24, 2012 11:09 PM BST
thanks mate. backed him with VC @ 7S. Thought he was well overpriced.
Report woodmanchester May 25, 2012 7:05 AM BST
That seems clear enough with Corals PF, but some bookies may have different rules, for others who have backed Houdini. Dont think the lads will be pleased if theyre all in at 11/8 and sp odds on though
Report DrugHoover May 26, 2012 6:30 PM BST
Oliver clearly isn't right. He would normally have run away with the semi last week once he got in front. All credit to the beast for qualifying! You could see him hobbling off afterwards.
Report pocket pairs May 26, 2012 9:02 PM BST
ending up backing oliver now Crazy
Report pocket pairs May 26, 2012 9:08 PM BST
nothing wrong with that run
Report DrugHoover May 26, 2012 10:18 PM BST
I stand corrected! And gladly so!
Report Slippy Blue May 26, 2012 10:26 PM BST
I've got a feeling that Taylors is gunna nail it.
Report griff May 26, 2012 10:28 PM BST
layed the 2 and 5
Report griff May 26, 2012 10:30 PM BST
in the derby
Report starr May 26, 2012 10:30 PM BST
ironman to beat sky in the match for me
Report griff May 26, 2012 10:37 PM BST
result please anyone
Report everton-fc May 26, 2012 10:38 PM BST
6 blonde snapper
Report Banned_Banks May 26, 2012 10:39 PM BST
6-1-2
Report Slippy Blue May 26, 2012 10:39 PM BST
6 won
Report Dan Chipowski May 26, 2012 10:39 PM BST
6-1

Judicial seems to like causing carnage. Cry
Report everton-fc May 26, 2012 10:39 PM BST
Report griff May 26, 2012 10:40 PM BST
good thanks slippy
Report Slippy Blue May 26, 2012 10:43 PM BST
Judicial took out Taylors Sky, when he made the break from 4 at the first bend I thought he was going to win from there, absolutely gutted Cry
Report lanza May 26, 2012 10:43 PM BST
all year for 50 quid. Laugh lol...  worst result for 5 years.

well done snapper Sad

cant believe that,  was -12k at one point.  Laugh
Report BJG May 26, 2012 10:43 PM BST
Cry
Absolutely gutted Sky has nt won that, first night he brought the trappin boots, thought he was 1.01 at d bend Sad
Report Dan Chipowski May 26, 2012 10:46 PM BST
Judicial took out Sky on his inside tonight, and took out JFK on his outside last week. Says it all really. Silly
Report Slippy Blue May 26, 2012 10:46 PM BST
Me too BJG, I thought he was home and hosed but got the smash that turned him sideways, absolutely sickening. Well done Blonde Snapper and the connections obviously.
Report casemoney May 26, 2012 10:50 PM BST
sky has taken out judicial imo i must be watching wrong race at 1st I thought sky turned its head ...
Report wondersobright May 26, 2012 10:51 PM BST
if they say one more thing about judicial ruling I'm gunna put my fcuking foot through that television
Report Dan Chipowski May 26, 2012 10:52 PM BST
Taylor's had nowhere to go imo, Judicial had him hemmed right in on the rails. That's racing I suppose.
Report Winja May 27, 2012 12:02 AM BST
the initial squeeze was normal racing but the secondary impediment was the killer....i was not sure if judicials back leg went into skys leg space creating the tangle or if bert spiked his back legs but either way he came off worse and did nothing wrong.....shame but congratulations to the winner and connections
Report irishone May 27, 2012 12:07 AM BST
winja did you win the comp ?
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK May 27, 2012 1:31 AM BST
It was bert that cought sky hind leg making him smash into ruling
It's was like a old school trip up from behind I say million to one shot !
Report woodmanchester May 27, 2012 6:18 AM BST
I thought Sky headed the charge to the first bend but the splits show him identical with Judicial at 4.76, with 4.77 Snapper. Must say, didnt look like that to me. I thought Snapper was last to show, therefore still dont know how he won. To me, looked like Sky didnt like Judicial flying round on his outside and checked wide into him, putting them both out of the race. Snapper picked his way round and gamely fended off Ironman.

Personally, really wanted Sky but Snapper my second best result for a small profit on this year's Derby overall Plain
Report Larry Sellers May 27, 2012 12:41 PM BST
Sky's trapping hasn't been the problem, it's his early.  Just not flying into that first bend.  Was very unlucky last night as would have surely won if he had turned.

Not a great year's Derby punting for me.  For example, I backed Snapper every round apart from the semis and the final!  Everyting I touched turned to sh1t!

Well done to the winner and connections and John Terry.
Report CastnoStones May 27, 2012 3:17 PM BST
To me it looked almost level to the 1st bend but snapper went around the outside and clipped JR, so unlucky for the two dogs that met trouble but it happened because Blonde Snapper bullied his way to the front. A deserving winner on the night
Report mesi May 27, 2012 3:22 PM BST
anyone else think sky turned his head at the first
Report casemoney May 27, 2012 4:06 PM BST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y75aFlG1BI

when I first seen race I thought he had ,but actually looks like bert has flown up and caught skys
legs turning him sideways into JR ,many  saying JR has taken sky out Plain JR has done nothing wrong imo .
Report mesi May 27, 2012 4:13 PM BST
watched it a few times think the 2 is to far back and skys head turns but not his body, thats only my view though
Report woodmanchester May 27, 2012 5:02 PM BST
Thats the way it looked to me Mesi but no replay. My better half said there was a dog on Skys inside but i didnt see it, just thought it checked wide into Judicial at the time, when he usually rails the first couple of bends. Only watched on inter-track screen though, i didnt have the benefit of Sky TV
Report mesi May 27, 2012 5:07 PM BST
woody see casemoneys youtube link
Report TheMadGhost May 27, 2012 6:46 PM BST
I've had a look a couple of times at the replay and it appears to me that Trap 5, "Judicial Ruling", bumped Taylors onto the rails, Taylors hit the rails with his backside, bounced out and hit Judicial with it.  As a result of hitting the fence, Taylors came off the fence with his boby in a "half-moon" fashion thus, giving the impression he was having "a look" when in fact, he wasn't.  I've watched Taylors many times and he has never given me the impression of being a fighter.  In fact, I'm of the opinion that the Derby he won was the best I've seen at Wimbledon.
Report starr May 27, 2012 7:12 PM BST
here is the perfect view of what happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y75aFlG1BI

freeze vidio at one second intervals  1.07/9 seconds for the perfect behind view

it looks like blond snapper causes all the trouble making for the rails, how he stayed on his feet is amazing
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com