Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
marc1013
23 Mar 12 21:46
| Topic/replies: 962 | Blogger: marc1013's blog
any tips is 1-2 still good for the forcast b een a few years since last went have 4 hours to kill so we thought would pop down how much to get in these days
Pause Switch to Standard View going to hackney dogs 2morrow
Show More
Report lineuk March 23, 2012 9:10 PM GMT
Take a pinic with you Cool
Report the.mad.dog.man March 23, 2012 9:21 PM GMT
get there early
Report Hound-Dog-2 March 23, 2012 9:40 PM GMT
might not be many people there 2morrow.
Report the.mad.dog.man March 23, 2012 10:09 PM GMT
be packed out
Report marc1013 March 24, 2012 1:13 AM GMT
many thanks but no one gave me the price still no worries be glad to go back and see how it looks after all these years
Report woodmanchester March 24, 2012 7:21 AM GMT
This thread is getting on my "Wick"! Wink
Report clacton March 24, 2012 7:52 AM GMT
Fancy Tracton Charm and Hello Blackie
Report lineuk March 24, 2012 8:26 AM GMT
your going to Hackney, and im going to back to school to learn to spell Blush
Report the.mad.dog.man March 24, 2012 10:33 AM GMT
have a go on the quinella only 5p
Report marc1013 March 24, 2012 10:40 AM GMT
cant belive it
hackney gone and you never said a word got up this morning and rang my mate to tell him the plans and he said hackney has gone i said no!! lookes it up gone real shame he said bristol gone as well shows you im miles behind the times .

ohh well we will go to catford next week and try our luck there to
Report SPOT THE DOG March 24, 2012 10:56 AM GMT
my wife was at work,i put the kids in the car, and did £5 rev fct 6 and 5 at hackney, up it came
so i treated the kids to a local helecopter ride as my win was going to pay for it. 
afterwards i phoned my wife, thinking she would be pleased, BUT no i got a right rollokin
for sending All three kids up in the helecopter at the same time.Blush
Report Slippy Blue March 24, 2012 4:00 PM GMT
Hackney Saturday morning, in the pub watching the racing all afternoon, Catford in the evening. Them sure were the good old days days.
Report marc1013 March 24, 2012 6:58 PM GMT
just been told catfords hone to bloody hell i do a 10 stretch get out and find the places has gone to the dogs or not as they say, will try the stow on tuesday night always did a good chicken in a basket there for £5
Report the.mad.dog.man March 24, 2012 7:22 PM GMT
dont forget wembley monday good thing there in the first
Report marc1013 March 24, 2012 7:27 PM GMT
sorry cant get to wembley toor far away might go later in the year wonder if its still £2 to get in
Report the.mad.dog.man March 24, 2012 7:36 PM GMT
im going park royal in afternoon then go for a drink then on to wembley
Report Winja March 24, 2012 7:58 PM GMT
reading these tounge in cheek remarks.....it's making me sad to think how it was in the eighties and nineties....must be desperate for the chaps who were going in the sixties and seventies.....shame
Report sparrow March 24, 2012 8:32 PM GMT
Scurry gold cup heats at Clapton Thursday.
Report the.mad.dog.man March 24, 2012 9:28 PM GMT
winja the chaps that were going in the sixies and seventies are thankful some of us are still aliveLaugh
Report sparrow March 24, 2012 9:34 PM GMT
Too right, mad dogGrin
Report Winja March 24, 2012 9:36 PM GMT
i hope the good health continues :grin:]Grin
Report Winja March 24, 2012 9:37 PM GMT
i hope the good health continues GrinGrin
Report Slippy Blue March 24, 2012 9:50 PM GMT
Very true mad dog man, so many of the oldtimers have long since left this mortal coil Sad
Report matso March 24, 2012 9:50 PM GMT
Mad Dog.. if you are passing Hendon.. Put me 40 rubs on Berry Picker in the 6th race.. and while you are at Park Royal back Acton Playboy in the last, good fast starting railer.
Report sparrow March 24, 2012 9:54 PM GMT
Preselected will win the last at Park Royal from trap 6.
Report matso March 24, 2012 9:57 PM GMT
Sparrow.. want a side bet ?.. I thought Clapton was your Gaff... if you are over there its Pestolozzi in the last , trap 6 bundles of early and its bucketing down ..!!
Report matso March 24, 2012 9:59 PM GMT
As Winja said it makes him sad to look back at how it was.. Its Gut Wrenching to see how great it once was.
Report sparrow March 24, 2012 10:08 PM GMT
Matso, I remember Pestalozzi well, but I also went to Harringay and followed Park Royal on the old blower service!
Report Slippy Blue March 24, 2012 10:09 PM GMT
Makes me sad as well matso, I went to at least 100 meetings a year regularly for two decades going all over the place. Last three years I've been to about 15. Absolutely heartbreaking what has happened to the game Cry
Report dusty dave March 24, 2012 10:15 PM GMT
This is making me so sad , how could the game end up like this.
Report Winja March 24, 2012 10:17 PM GMT
im now even more sad that i've made all you old layers and players sad.....this is really becoming sad.....
Report the.mad.dog.man March 24, 2012 10:19 PM GMT
that preselected was the first time i heard a commentary in betting shop
Report sparrow March 24, 2012 10:19 PM GMT
The saddest thing for me is the total lack of atmosphere these days at the tracks. I went to Sheffield recently and the bookmakers ring was near deserted, with the bars full of people in parties betting on the tote.
Report the.mad.dog.man March 24, 2012 10:20 PM GMT
matso berry picker was my fav dog over 600 or 675
Report the.mad.dog.man March 24, 2012 10:23 PM GMT
matso im in hendon never left about a mile from the old track the trees are still there down the back straigh
Report matso March 24, 2012 10:36 PM GMT
Mad Dog.. do you remember a good bitch who ran at Hendon called Elder Sister.. she ran opens as well .
Report matso March 24, 2012 10:41 PM GMT
Slippy.. Im the same , I dont even go any more.. theres no where I like.

Sparrow, that Bitch Pestalozzi won me a 'Grand' over at Clapton years ago.. it seemed like a chunk at the time.. mind you it  probably was at the time ..!!
Report the.mad.dog.man March 24, 2012 10:58 PM GMT
yes elder sister i had a couple of dogs with henry colebrook
Report the.mad.dog.man March 24, 2012 11:08 PM GMT
last time i went to dogs was romford 18 months ago greyhound racing had its day people on racing post say its not they are only thinking about there jobs if 2 or 3 more tracks close people on post will be getting the tin tack if the stow reopened its got a chance when sky were at wimbledon a friend of mine said there were 12 punters in betting ring
Report matso March 25, 2012 3:28 AM BST
Mad Dog... I think youve nailed it , spot on .. the dog game (Im sad to say) as had its day.. and the racing Pundits & Journos are trying desperately to talk it up.. but the game is a shadow of its former self... and as you say if Walthamstow does not open the game is finished.. or at least another track opening in london.. I mean who from the south east is going to go to Towcester logistically and timewise.. it cannot possibly work.

Sadly it seems the game is up.. and along with people like yourself im Gutted !!
Report marc1013 March 25, 2012 10:14 AM BST
blimey i have started a cry fest for the old days !!
Report sparrow March 25, 2012 10:18 AM BST
matso, that grand would be worth about £15,000 in today's money. Must have been about 1968. I think Pestalozzi was trained by Adam Jackson although I may be wrong. Terrific early pace and a wide runner.
Report ch0pi4n March 25, 2012 1:53 PM BST
a week in the life of a 17 year old chopin
Monday night wembley
tuesday hackney bags stow evening
wednesday catford bags
thursday hackney bags stow evening
friday harringey evening
sat hackney bags stow evening

never had a chance did iWink
Report matso March 25, 2012 2:56 PM BST
Sparrow.. you are spot on, Pestalozzi was a fast starting Black bitch out of trap 6.. it was the last leg of an Acca.. it was well handy at the time ..( be handy now as well)..!! I was about 15/16 at the time .. and thought the 'Grand' would last forever.
Report marc1013 March 25, 2012 5:58 PM BST
im going to get my can of quatro and packect of fangs crisps and watch 321 and blind date then im off to watch wealdstone lower mead to to see vinny and psyco beat the barnet
Report bbc2 March 25, 2012 7:57 PM BST
pearls still dropping fsg ash in your breakfastLaugh
Report TheMadGhost March 25, 2012 9:35 PM BST
I fancy "Hastings Girl", (Trap 3), in the last at White City
Report Winja March 25, 2012 10:59 PM BST
i used to have dogs with stan kennet and still miss walking the dogs in the middle at hackney...
Report the.mad.dog.man March 26, 2012 12:49 AM BST
i had miss micochip with stan
Report deansthemann March 26, 2012 2:00 AM BST
miss rye house the most... no sunday night will ever compare unfortunately
Report marc1013 March 26, 2012 11:52 AM BST
just got back from shopping at bejam cor those prices have gone up 27p for a texas bar bllody hell still of to watch piggott and carson and co at the lincoln on saturday i reckon k battery will win good price aswell get on and get on large
Report DONEMYLOT March 26, 2012 3:08 PM BST
Done the tumbler

1-1-5-3-6-6-3-2-5

Obviously Hot Work the nap from stripes
Report roo March 26, 2012 4:51 PM BST
Greenacre will have a winner at wembley later, 7-2 into about 4-7, first race a8
Report the.mad.dog.man March 26, 2012 5:16 PM BST
no that be dartnell
Report lineuk March 26, 2012 5:23 PM BST
Shame no ones got any footage of hackney dogs,
Report did47 March 26, 2012 7:35 PM BST
Anyone know if Good and Plenty is still running at Hendon? Usually have a double with Berry Picker but haven't been for a while. Cheers.
Report SPOT THE DOG March 26, 2012 8:41 PM BST
late n/r at hackney in the A1

Tracton Charm runs instead
Report marc1013 March 26, 2012 8:47 PM BST
going down to bloxhams in preston road listen to the wimbledon and stow tuesday night forcast doubles traps 1-2 the blue oyster large cod and chips after only £2.75
Report whitmarsh March 26, 2012 8:53 PM BST
Got the 171 to Harringay this evening having a tenner on the nights good thing Man Im Moving trap 1 in the sixth.Ill let you know how it gets on.
Report marc1013 March 26, 2012 8:58 PM BST
im on it for 50p reverse forcast with trap 4
Report SPOT THE DOG March 26, 2012 9:00 PM BST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajEd8RuXHqU&feature=results_main&playnext=1&l...
Report SPOT THE DOG March 26, 2012 9:03 PM BST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTTI9iRncVw&feature=related
Report whitmarsh March 26, 2012 9:04 PM BST
Got chinned on the line by Ballybeg Story,another cockle Ive ironed out still Duke of Picton trialling at the Wick wednesday.
          All Our Yesterdays.
Donemylot....Hot Work brindle dog ,what else?owned by Pepper,he did love a brindle.
Mad Dog Was Miss Microchip a white and brindle,she was at Stans when Micky Hall worked there and Jimmy Caine done the feeding.
Report seanjames March 26, 2012 9:06 PM BST
going to wembley tonight(50p side) and watch the replays with that guy in the glasses in front of the tv screen then going wednesday to see the big ballyregan bob scurlogue champ  race im lumping on the champ!
Report the.mad.dog.man March 26, 2012 9:09 PM BST
yes. was jimmy caine a old boy used to work on racecourse years ago
Report whitmarsh March 26, 2012 9:21 PM BST
Mad Dog,Yes.Im having my case half a quid on the 2 dog in the last.Not really the class but guaranteed to lead might be rasher and bubble in behind.
Report starr March 26, 2012 9:26 PM BST
any of you old timers remember a dog called
sloop john b,

turned up on the zoo graded
punted of the boards,
think it was first time up,home alone,
never seen againLaugh
Report whitmarsh March 26, 2012 9:36 PM BST
Aye Aye Call A Copper  ..........Milltown Magpie trap 2s just won the last at Harringay.Ive drawn a crisp fiver and a ten bob note off of George Braham,bus back to the local a few light ales and Im in heaven.
Report the.mad.dog.man March 26, 2012 9:49 PM BST
i had a good night at haringay getting a cab to joe coral club for a game of cards
Report clapton March 26, 2012 10:37 PM BST
Isn't it Painful reading this.
Report clapton March 26, 2012 10:40 PM BST
Remember when you could do 2/3 meetings in the same night.
Report clapton March 26, 2012 10:51 PM BST
I can remember going to Crayford for the 1st race to back one I fancied.. flying across to Walthamstow to back Minnies Siren.. then hurtling over to Romford to back Apapa Champion in the last.. Hi Hi they all Kopped.. Think it was the last treble that Kopped for me ..!!
Report Slippy Blue March 26, 2012 11:07 PM BST
the.mad.dog.man Date Joined: 11 Dec 01

i had miss micochip with stan

I was at Catford the night Miss Microchip flopped at 2/7. A local grader Ferryforth Susie won at 150/1, Humphries was spitting feathers that night, plenty of the locals had fivers, tenners and scores on Laugh Not me I hasten to add, I thought Miss Microchip would lap the lot of them Sad
Report Wood Lane March 26, 2012 11:25 PM BST
On the way out of Harringay tonight I bet they were playingGoodnight Sweet Heart See You In The Morning.Am I right Whitmarsh?They played that tape for years after the last.When it was a rainy old night he used to put on "Every Time It Rains It Rains Pennies From Heaven."If all the good things were getting beat he played "Why Worry,Worry gets You Nowhere At All"
Report Winja March 27, 2012 7:40 AM BST
i remember miss microchip, i believe she was kenneled with my dog crackers for a while.....i thought ron the plasterer owned her....is that you mad dog man

whitmarsh along with kermitt(micky hall) and jimmy.....lorraine sams used to do one half of stans.....the clean half with the curtains...
Report the.mad.dog.man March 27, 2012 8:39 AM BST
slippy blue that night at catford i had a 3k double a boxer  he won and my dog miss micochip thinking if i dont back it there it would drift in betting after the race humphries was mad he though it was no good and said he would never sponsor another marathon there my dog never moved in betting yet the winner was very well back
Report the.mad.dog.man March 27, 2012 8:41 AM BST
winja i brought it of one of stan owners
Report woodmanchester March 27, 2012 9:07 AM BST
Not just southern tracks gone. Manchester White City and Norton Canes in my vicinity also. Remember Demulder had a dog called Fair Hill Boy run at Norton Canes, long odds on but never picked a foot up. Went on to be runner-up in the Derby! Used to like trips there, equi-distant to Sheffield and nearer than Monmore. Full card of Open races Monday nights Happy
Report marc1013 March 27, 2012 10:50 AM BST
great day today lads going to buy the sporting life then head to watch jump racing on the aw and southwell then heading off to cambridge dog track before cathing the sealink ferry to france for a few days have fun
Report whitmarsh March 27, 2012 12:28 PM BST
Winja,When Lorraine done the front side of the kennel for Stan at Hackney,Paul Philpott(father of Carly)done the back.Stans kennels were always spotless.
    Mad Dog,When you played cards after Harringay last night who was in there?Id bet big odds on the Hackney and Walthamstow bookie Georgie Knight.Pat the Baker,Billy and Johnny Stansell as well.Eddie Whitesides mum Hilda frying up a steak and onion roll for Teddy Morris.Any old how Im in funds after last night so Ill be in after Hackney this afternoon(will give White City a miss ,not in love with these new Tuesday nights there.)
Report greytom March 27, 2012 12:35 PM BST
Starr i remember sloop John B white fawn dog wide runner won an 8 dog race at Belle Vue bot at Hackney sales for 800gns ended up on Blacpool won many races on heavy goin round the scenic route
Report the.mad.dog.man March 27, 2012 1:12 PM BST
georgie big cigar knight run it for joe in the end when joe got bigger and bigger he give it to georgie
Report sparrow March 27, 2012 4:15 PM BST
I remember George Knight betting at Clapton in the mid 60s.
Report whitmarsh March 27, 2012 5:42 PM BST
Sparrow,Thats right ,he bet for the Dorrises.Bernard Dorris run Corals club at one time.Bill Dorris was a pal of mine.
Report sparrow March 27, 2012 6:10 PM BST
Was that the firm Micky Black worked for,whitmarsh. He was a real comical character laying off in the cheaper ring. He had us younger ones in stitches.
Report marc1013 March 27, 2012 7:08 PM BST
my sealink ferry was cancelled so i got ainter city saverthanks jimmy to hendon and am going tom see the dogs tonight just eating  space 1999 lolly then going in traps 2-4 always do well here

http://www.derelictlondon.com/sportsgrounds.htm
Report whitmarsh March 27, 2012 9:11 PM BST
He was a very funny man ,he worked for Shimmer Joseph at one time and a Jewish man,I can see his face but the name escapes me.He had a share at the races with Philly Webb(old Clapton firm)after it closed and laid short favourites private at Harringay.It will drive me mad thinking what his name was,I knew the man to talk to,Im getting old.
Report whitmarsh March 28, 2012 9:18 AM BST
Sparrow,The mans name come to me this morning ....Alec Bookman.
Report sparrow March 28, 2012 3:49 PM BST
All comes back after a good nights sleep, whitmarsh.
Report Winja March 29, 2012 7:24 AM BST
no complaints with stans kennels from me whitmarsh but lorraines side always appeared to be more homely...
Report marc1013 March 30, 2012 6:24 PM BST
saw terry macaan down the old fuklham road yesterday he just got back from catford dogs and was looking for chisom or jones to report his car stolen
Report starr March 30, 2012 10:54 PM BST
greytom,always wondered where he went
you must be local lad then if you remember the 8 dogs round the zoo,
bet you used to stand on the steps infront of the chieftan stand
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com