Forums

Greyhounds

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
masked magician
05 Sep 10 20:47
| Topic/replies: 679 | Blogger: masked magician's blog
met an old lad in the pub last night , he said ravage again
ran ...and got beat!!! ..on the flaps DURING his great
winning run!

he seemed to know his stuff, and was good value for an hour
of his company and a glass of stout,but..

ravage again?

help!

Shocked
Pause Switch to Standard View did ravage again ever go flapping?
Show More
Report Fashion Fever September 5, 2010 9:58 PM BST
terry dartnall told me about the dog when i visited his kennels once

he was trained by him on the southern tracks and by willie frew when the big sprints were up north

he was an NGRC dog
Report goodDog September 5, 2010 10:03 PM BST
Ravage Again was a fantastic dog but a percentage of
his winning sequence was made up of some weak races UP North(fact)
& it wasnt untill he come down south when Base Rate bought his run to an end.

So it wouldnt be a major shock if what you say is true and even if it
was true it wouldnt really matter anyway.
Report shiner September 5, 2010 10:25 PM BST
Shame he was a slow starter but nevermind he was the best sprinter ive ever seen
Report apassagetobangkok September 6, 2010 6:31 AM BST
goodDog, Base rate beat him at Powderhall which wasn't down south last time I looked :)
Was there that night and he badly missed break, followed by brilliant early pace which brought him level at first bend where he got almost brought down - think he finished fourth or fifth.
Some of the earlier races up north were weakish, but he did win a 3 round event at Hove against decent opposition. Possibly best sprinter to race there, even including Jimmy Lollie.
Report goodDog September 6, 2010 8:58 AM BST
I've seen the race many times on tape where he was
beaten by BR, for some reason i thought it was at a southern
track, i must have just got it muddled up and it was southern dog
that ended his winning sequence.
Report budapest September 6, 2010 1:09 PM BST
yes he did go flapping; fairly certain he did the clock at exeter,but cannot be certain
Report silverman. September 6, 2010 2:58 PM BST
wasnt ravage again the dog was so exposed on the flaps his owner had to wear disguises i remember him winning at hincley.
Report Slippy Blue September 6, 2010 3:05 PM BST
Ravage was an absolute machine, probably the best sprinter of all time.
Report greytom September 20, 2010 11:24 AM BST
No silverman that was Springwood mickey ravage again never flapped there was a brindle dog like him at the time was a very good dog but not him i remeber it get beat at armadaleby FIRE in the best sprint race i saw on the flaps Fire broke track record 2 beat him
Report chrisjake September 20, 2010 1:43 PM BST
springwood mickey now he was some dog on the flaps greytom do you know if is trainer is still about i think they called the fella geoffreys or something like that his dogs always looked immaculate when turned out
Report greytom September 20, 2010 2:48 PM BST
he was called Eric Jeffreys always had g8 dog lovely man always helpful put Mickey on a par With Blue max
Report reissantiques June 4, 2012 4:00 PM BST
Hi, I was part owner of Ravage Again so if anybody wants to know the real story, just ask.
Report Singapore Woofer June 4, 2012 4:51 PM BST
whats the real story?  :-)
Report Ravage Again June 4, 2012 6:00 PM BST
You have to laff at someone saying he got beat at a southern track, yar powderhall is just 10 mins from hove as a nuclear missile flies.

He beat all the best sprinters at the time typical southern comment, when he went to hove won easy all three rounds and did the clock too

I guess this was amazing considering a lot of times he missed his break

His first run at Brough Park - Newcastle had to be seen to be believed he walked out the tracks blitzed up to the first bend, but at the time it was an awful bend for a wide runner to run without a trial. Went mega wide and believe gave the T2 about 5-6L and got up close home to win.

Best sprinter ravage again
Four bender some picture
Six bender ballyregan bob
Eight bender the champ

Shame I never seen bob run live, though was honoured to see the other three in the flesh run
Report greytom June 4, 2012 7:24 PM BST
Saw him beat heat and final at Ayr must hav had a few when i said he didnt flap David Fleming and Jim Rutherford owned him
Report treetop June 8, 2012 7:56 PM BST
Not sure about this but we bet a few at Wolsingham sprint for his connections an at least one 'certainty if we knew what he was' missed the lids for the drag and got beaten over the dash distance. I always suspected it was Ravage but couldn't say for sure.
Report smidge01 June 8, 2012 8:03 PM BST
Would you believe me if I told you ravage again ran at Armadale.would you also believe it won sitting of a yard.its name was award
Report SPOT THE DOG June 8, 2012 9:11 PM BST
about time i asked again, anyone know of Fred Elam?
Report greytom June 10, 2012 11:58 AM BST
Fred used to come to Bolton in a Rolls had great dogs
Report highmoon June 10, 2012 5:33 PM BST
Greytom RAVAGE AGAIN was called (AWARD) AT ARMADALE AND HE DID FLAP.
Report greytom June 10, 2012 7:39 PM BST
High moon look at my post on page 4
Report dogform June 11, 2012 4:27 PM BST
Spot The Dog,

If my memory serves me correctly, Fred Elam had a fish shop or possibly a few of them named "Freds Plaice".

I sold him a greyhound a good few years ago, a fawn bitch that was a raving dodge on NGRC but on the flaps on the inside hare she was open class. We won a couple of opens down South with her at Bury St Edmunds and Aldershot then sold her to Fred. I spoke to Fred some time after and he said that she had been very good for him so I presume he had been running her on the inside hare on the Northern/Midlands flaps at the time (early 1980's). I dont know if Fred is still alive but if he is he would be getting into his late eigthies or nineties.
Report terryblackpoolfan June 11, 2012 10:04 PM BST
springwood mickey was simply the fastest dog i have ever seen,blue max was a dodge,eric jeffreys also had mickeys brother who was very fast as well if i remember
Report noflapleft June 12, 2012 9:56 AM BST
Very hard to beat the decoy dogs round bury st e
Report bubbagreen June 14, 2012 11:40 AM BST
ran and won at bolton Cool
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com