Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lewisham ranger
31 May 19 07:33
| Topic/replies: 5,280 | Blogger: lewisham ranger's blog
all aboard the brooks train! never too late to join. last seen heading towards pebble beach, a historic venue for a historic attempt at a modern record of 3 us opens in a row. Cool

Grin
Show More
Report donny osmond May 31, 2019 11:56 AM BST
Pebble Beach has hosted the U.S. Open five times, first in 1972, and most recently in 2010. It has an exceptionally distinguished set of champions including Jack Nicklaus, Tom Watson, Tom Kite, Tiger Woods, and Graeme McDowell

screams links form, and open form rather than us open form to me

good luck to brooks!
Report lewisham ranger May 31, 2019 12:20 PM BST
brooks has a good record in british opens Donny, although I agree he is perhaps better suited to traditional us open style courses.

but don't think it matters. the brooks choo-choo train is unstoppable at this point. on recent evidence, he should be close to evens, maybe even odds-on, yet you are getting an incredible 7-1 on a player chasing history.

it would be extremely remiss as a gambler to not take those odds Cool
Report therhino June 6, 2019 9:55 AM BST
Brooks odds on pre-off Shocked

Surely you jest. Market moving evermore toward DJ, and could be huge movement at the top if either goes off in Canada. Tiger's final round at Muirfield Village a huge marker but for the first time since I don't know when I think Spieth is the value. 3 straight top 10s, loves the course and we know he's a man for the occasion. His name would certainly not be out of the place on that list of winners provided by Donny.
Report lewisham ranger June 6, 2019 1:07 PM BST
yer Spieth is interesting. but would you trust him sunday with the lead?

I backed Bryson earlier. probably a bit nuts as he has gone off the boil of late but showed some improved form in the last round of memorial. maybe he has turned the corner and has found some momentum.

his price is too big when you think he's won five times on the pga tour since june 2017 and is more than double the price of Jordan who has won once since then. ok he doesn't have a great record around the course but he's native Californian so that should give him confidence, he'll love the firm and fast conditions and I think a top quality ball striker which is ideal around here. also double the price of rickie who also has no majors but has less pga tour wins than Bryson at a younger age.

for me he works so hard and has had so much momentum, and when you have players like that who are so motivated it's often a matter of time before they win a major. I think he's a big player for years to come.
Report lewisham ranger June 6, 2019 1:08 PM BST
rickie has less pga tour wins than Bryson at an older age, should have read.
Report lewisham ranger June 6, 2019 1:11 PM BST
sorry I'm wrong about that as well! Bryson 5 wins from 85 starts fowler 5 wins from 200 odd starts. so fowler same amount as wins but considerably worse strike rate.
Report Total Bosman June 6, 2019 10:16 PM BST
Tee times out:

https://www.usopen.com/tee-times.html

Final groups off 2242 UK time, late nights in prospect.
Report jedi sophie June 7, 2019 4:55 PM BST
Brooks gonna sneak in then just knock round over the weekend.
Ideal prep,bit of tension today,played better under the gun.
Perfect.
10 soon!LaughGrin
Report lockup June 8, 2019 7:01 PM BST
Dustin & Spieth for me, you have to fear Koepka obviously, struggling to find an outsider who might go well .
Report Hank Hill June 8, 2019 7:29 PM BST
Ben Coley's preview:

https://www.sportinglife.com/golf/news/us-open-player-by-player-guide/167417

LIST, Luke

Shot 1: 364 yards to fairway, 116 yards to hole
Shot 2: 115 yards to green, 8ft7in to hole
Shot 3: 11ft1in to green, 2ft6in to hole
Shot 4: 3ft6in to green, 1ft3in to hole
Shot 5: 2ft8in to green, 1ft8in to hole
Shot 6: In the hole

Laugh

This one is for you TB

SABBATINI, Rory

When he’s not sitting at a cafe in Hviezdoslavovo námestie, eating strapacky washed down with a bottle of Zlaty Bazant, reading a copy of the Novy Cas, Slovakia’s Rory Sabbatini can be seen forging passports for professional golfers including Greek-South African Peter Karmis.
Report Total Bosman June 8, 2019 9:40 PM BST
Ha, Coley is good value.  Just saw a video from Cantlay's instagram, some of the rough they've grown looks absolutely brutal.  Could be lost balls not too far off line.
Report saxon farm June 9, 2019 1:16 PM BST
Course form from the pro am is irrelevant. Neither will the course play like a traditional seaside links.
Report Total Bosman June 9, 2019 1:30 PM BST
I see Day is going to have Steve Williams on the bag.  Not sure how much of a huge difference a caddie can make in a single week mind you.  If nothing else probably a good sign that Day fancies it though.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 June 9, 2019 2:28 PM BST
Didn't you know Steve can win the big ones on his own? Jason just needs to make sure he stays out of Steve's way!
Report jedi sophie June 9, 2019 6:59 PM BST
Jason's vertigo surely an issue at Pebble.
Be staggering around 8,9,10 like a drunk.
ExcitedLaugh
Report mighty June 11, 2019 7:24 AM BST
Lol jedi.
Report therhino June 11, 2019 11:00 AM BST
112.5%, sheesh. Where the layers at?
Report DickTurpin June 11, 2019 11:17 AM BST
2019 US OPEN SELECTIONS :-

P Cantlay @21
J Speith @24
A Scott @40
T Fleetwood @44
B Watson @300

GL and enjoy...............
Report HeinzGuderian June 11, 2019 12:34 PM BST
Phil The Thrill.
70s
Report Sports Fan June 11, 2019 3:27 PM BST
Come on gents...we need to collectively ramp up the conversation on here.  There's a major 2 days away and I need to be reading various peoples opinions.  I've baked Tiger...I just kept on coming back to him.  Can plot his way round and keep himself in it, doesn't need to be bombing drives, just lingering until the inevitable Sunday charge.
Report sewter lives again June 11, 2019 6:18 PM BST
I have a feeling that Phil has just been tinkering and mucking around all year waiting for this

Tiger's master plan was the Masters now for Phil's career slam

I agree with Tiger contending and can also see Scotty having a good week-he is surely a winner waiting to happen
Report doorman99 June 11, 2019 9:18 PM BST
Totally agree sewter, Phil been there since last sunday while everyone else been in Canada, loves the place, crowd behind him, birthday on sunday, grandfather's spirit looking down, will put his US Open hoodoo to rest, go Philly!
Report Puggy4 June 11, 2019 9:21 PM BST
It will be a completely different course than the one that he won on afew months ago.
Report sewter lives again June 12, 2019 1:31 PM BST
granted Puggy but I just don't see Phil banging it off every tee like he has done most of this year

but he has proven US Open form-5 runner ups and other top 10s-so he can play the likely set up and he is good here
Report Puggy4 June 12, 2019 2:17 PM BST
Yes sewter, no doubt he would be a very popular winner and would top off a great career, it all depends if he can keep the ball on the fairway enough as the rough will be brutal, I would like to see him win but I think Tiger is most likely winner. I know its a long time ago but can`t get away from the fact he won by 15 shots on same course previously and he appears to be back to his best. Tiger v Phil on the back nine on sunday would be something special.
Report sewter lives again June 12, 2019 2:45 PM BST
yes that would be amazing I hope we will see Phil playing like the 2013 shoot out at Muirfield with Stenson
Report Puggy4 June 12, 2019 2:52 PM BST
yes, that was incredible golf from both men.
Report Puggy4 June 12, 2019 3:07 PM BST
I did not think time was moving that quickly,  that shootout with Stenson was 2016.
Report sewter lives again June 12, 2019 3:30 PM BST
sorry puggy it's me getting my opens mixed up...old age and all that
Report Puggy4 June 12, 2019 3:50 PM BST
ha, I know the feeling all too well unfortunately
Report Sports Fan June 12, 2019 4:23 PM BST
I genuinely said to myself "god, was that 2013 against Stenson" as I was reading your posts! I know a lot is made of how Phil will not be able to hit fairways and the rough will kill him but he's played enough US Opens in his time to know this and act accordingly.  He can't have been too wild in the numerous runner up spots he's claimed.  His AT&T victory this year shows he can win at Pebble, despite it obviously being set up harder this week.
Report therhino June 12, 2019 4:26 PM BST
2013 was kinda Phil vs Stenson, they were 1-2 that year as well though without lapping the field a few times over. Would love to see Phil win as well but just can't see it, think the US Open is destined to be his unicorn. Struggling to see Ponce win, Pebble's greens are glassy at the best of times without any USGA shenanigans, feel he'll just miss too many 3-5 footers to grab the trophy. I see Tiger going close, Spieth and hard to dismiss Cantlay based on recent form he's as good as anyone on the planet atm.

Surely Brooks is due an off week at a major. At bigger odds I've had Kaymer and JB Holmes at 1000.
Report sofiakenny June 12, 2019 5:36 PM BST
Brookd dont do off weeks at majors..he is le papa!
Report stroodle June 12, 2019 5:40 PM BST

Jun 12, 2019 -- 11:36AM, sofiakenny wrote:

Brookd dont do off weeks at majors..he is le papa!

Keopka evens v Dustin Johnson in tournament match bet.

Report saxon farm June 13, 2019 2:32 AM BST
Poa Annua greens are an unnecessary problem at this venue.
Report donny osmond June 13, 2019 10:18 AM BST
fairways dont look that narrow on twitter, could give them
encouragement to get the driver out.

looks ever so pretty, i think its going to be great.
Report Sports Fan June 13, 2019 10:29 AM BST
It looks an amazing place doesn't it donny.  I would love to go there one day...pretty sure you can play the course for approx £400, it has been added to the bucket list.  Got to go to the Masters also....desperate to know what a Pimento cheese and a Georgia Peach ice-cream sandwich tastes like.
Report sickoflayinwinners June 13, 2019 11:22 AM BST
backed a few good straight hitters rahmn w simpson  fleetwood  scott, hopefully one of em will  get  involved  and become short snuff in running to recover all 4 stakes.
Report sickoflayinwinners June 13, 2019 11:26 AM BST
added dechambeau and snedeker
Report therhino June 13, 2019 11:37 AM BST

Jun 13, 2019 -- 4:29AM, Sports Fan wrote:

It looks an amazing place doesn't it donny.

Report donny osmond June 13, 2019 11:39 AM BST
i played golf over here a few times with a californian bloke who was a regular at pebble beach, and long before i saw much us tour golf on tv i had fallen in love with pebble beach.

he was a gas man, and was brought over by government to help with conversion of uk to north sea gas.

he met a local lass and stayed.
Report Sports Fan June 13, 2019 11:53 AM BST
It must have been a tough decision for him...!  Girlfriends come and go...but Pebble Beach is for life...
Report frames June 13, 2019 11:53 AM BST
Fair to say Rahm is friendless in the market, can he get to 50 before the off.
Report Sports Fan June 13, 2019 11:55 AM BST
Sundogmonkey, who sometimes posts on here, is at Pebble this week.  I have seen a few of the pictures he has posted and I am as jealous as any man could be.
Report Sports Fan June 13, 2019 11:58 AM BST
Rahm only three shots off Tiger at Augusta and finished on same score as Cantlay...obviously Cantlay has won since but more than double his price.  I don't fancy Rahm myself this week but didn't think I would see anything like 50.
Report donny osmond June 13, 2019 12:02 PM BST
ive got sundog on twitter too

he had a pic of tiger on yesterday, wish i was there.

i think the gas man was very happy in north east england, he made me a welsh dresser that
i still have, his mrs played golf too.
Report donny osmond June 13, 2019 12:07 PM BST
rahm has a reputation for being a bit hot headed, and thats going to be tested this week
in all golfers with some of the rough just off the green!
Report Sports Fan June 13, 2019 12:12 PM BST
It sounds like he had it made (life, not the welsh dresser).  I'm please for the gas man....and i'm pleased for Sundog. It is great for the game having Tiger back in the mix, I literally can't wait for the majors to come round.
Report donny osmond June 13, 2019 12:21 PM BST
yeah sundog seems to be a good guy,

not long to wait for us open, i was expecting to be watching the cricket before it started

just about stopped raining for now here in durham
Report Sports Fan June 13, 2019 12:37 PM BST
He does seem to be a good guy, I agree.  I think this is his second trip this year to somewhere I have thought "i'd love to do that myself one day".

Good luck to all today....let's hope we get a cracker.
Report StillLearning June 13, 2019 1:49 PM BST

Jun 11, 2019 -- 12:18PM, sewter lives again wrote:

I have a feeling that Phil has just been tinkering and mucking around all year waiting for thisTiger's master plan was the Masters now for Phil's career slamI agree with Tiger contending and can also see Scotty having a good week-he is surely a winner waiting to happen

Why has Scotty parted company with Steve Williams?

Report Sports Fan June 13, 2019 1:52 PM BST
I think they fell out about Adam's anchoring so Steve sacked him there and then.
Report Total Bosman June 13, 2019 2:21 PM BST
Despite the strength of the favourites hoping Pebble brings a few more into it than usual so slightly upped my outsider stakes this week. In order of jackpot:  KH, Chez, EVR, Ancer.
Report Super Hans June 13, 2019 2:37 PM BST
Hope you're right TB. Gone all big prices. Experienced & accurate is the theme -

Stenson @ 100
Kisner @ 220
Horschel @ 267
Harding @ 583

Gl all,
Report frames June 13, 2019 2:40 PM BST
Well Rahm got to 50 ,not sure which of his arms is broke.
Report Super Hans June 13, 2019 2:44 PM BST
Not too surprised with the drift.

Would have taken Web & Kooch before him but missed the 60'sSad
Report Total Bosman June 13, 2019 3:02 PM BST
Hard to tell if the play by play text is right as nothing is showing on the graphic but it's got Ortiz advancing it all of 10 yards on his second shot, presumably from the rough.
Report Total Bosman June 13, 2019 3:17 PM BST
Nice start from my team.
Report donny osmond June 13, 2019 3:34 PM BST
not many early birdies...
Report kincsem June 13, 2019 3:37 PM BST
Brooks Koepka ......... 11.50
Xander Schauffele ... 30.00
Si Woo Kim ............ 210.44
Thomas Pieters .... 458.13

Pieters is in horrible form but has gone well in Majors, 4th in the 2017 Masters, 6th in the 2018 USPGA.
In the back of my mind I knew he played his first golf at a very short course.
That is Witbos, Belgium, 5,067 metres, with ix par 3s, the longest 161 metres.
With length not an issue at Pebble Beach I hope Pieters has an eye for short iron shots to small greens.
Report kincsem June 13, 2019 3:38 PM BST
*six par 3s
Report Total Bosman June 13, 2019 3:44 PM BST
Judging by the way Dufner is hacking it up the first you really don't want any part of the rough.  This could be brutal.
Report Total Bosman June 13, 2019 3:52 PM BST
Has Piercy declared on -1?
Report jedi sophie June 13, 2019 4:08 PM BST
Time to bail out on Rahm boysExcitedLaugh
Report jedi sophie June 13, 2019 4:08 PM BST
2 shot swing with wee Rory...And others.
Report therhino June 13, 2019 4:09 PM BST
Piercy on fire
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 13, 2019 4:19 PM BST
https://www.usopen.com/scoring.html
Report jedi sophie June 13, 2019 4:20 PM BST
50,48,46,44,42 Rahm layers a tad worried after one and a bit holes. Has all the tools for round here the big fella.
Lol.
Report therhino June 13, 2019 4:25 PM BST
So many over par. Feels like a while since we had a proper US Open, last year almost but they turned the course scoring friendly on the Sunday. Could be an even par winner this week which would be nice.
Report jedi sophie June 13, 2019 4:29 PM BST
Carnage on front side to which I didnt really expect...
As easy as conditions can be at this stage and struggles have really  begun.
Report therhino June 13, 2019 4:30 PM BST
Outrageous start for Piercy.
Report Total Bosman June 13, 2019 4:36 PM BST
With hindsight, Rahm was quite a big price, eh?
Report donny osmond June 13, 2019 4:42 PM BST
-5 after 6

its like one of those old style scoreboard plots !
Report therhino June 13, 2019 4:43 PM BST
Rough is brutal yes but what is with the greens? Was there much rain in the lead in or are have they been over watered?
Report donny osmond June 13, 2019 4:46 PM BST
there were pictures of them being watered by hose this morning
Report therhino June 13, 2019 4:49 PM BST
Cheers Donny. Hopefully someone takes the hoses down to Spyglass and leaves them there for the weekend.
Report jedi sophie June 13, 2019 4:51 PM BST
Shocker from Dj
Report jedi sophie June 13, 2019 4:57 PM BST
Great save.
Report therhino June 13, 2019 4:58 PM BST
Piercy paid the penalty for missing the fairway on 8.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 13, 2019 5:06 PM BST
frames  • June 13, 2019 2:57 PM BST 
.....are you allowed to stay up ?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 13, 2019 5:06 PM BST
Tongue OutWhoops
Report jedi sophie June 13, 2019 5:47 PM BST
Superb from Dufner
Report jedi sophie June 13, 2019 5:48 PM BST
Rahm all over course since missed putt on 13...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 13, 2019 6:42 PM BST
A live blog minute-by-minute-updates... with no guessers/after-timers

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/us-open-2019-live-blog-minute-by-minute-updates-from-day-1-at-pebble-beach
Devil
Report kublai June 13, 2019 6:54 PM BST
As FOX has started normal coverage in the States why have SKY forced us to stick with Featured Groups.
Has anyone got a link to this FOX coverage?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan June 13, 2019 7:21 PM BST
Taxi Driver in Dublin - "You have Elton John at The Point and [u]Fleetwood Mac at the RDS! What year is it?!?!"[/u]

Meanwhile, Tommy Fleetwood quietly makes the turn in three under with his second straight birdie at the 18th. Also quietly at three under is Bryson DeChambeau, who just made a nice par save at the second hole. Up at the 11th, Rickie Fowler took advantage of a mammoth drive by flipping a 95-yard wedge to about seven feet and holing the birdie putt. He's also at three under, two back of Piercy.
Report Total Bosman June 13, 2019 7:23 PM BST
Disappointingly tame so far.
Report dibdob June 13, 2019 9:44 PM BST
2.5K on Speithmeister. Don't let me down son. GL
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com