Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Biscar Two from a mile back
28 Jun 16 17:32
| Topic/replies: 7,167 | Blogger: Biscar Two from a mile back's blog
IYVHO
Pause Switch to Standard View Are golfers more susceptible to Zika ?
Show More
Report brain dead jockeys June 28, 2016 8:45 PM BST
must be. golf event should be cancelled.
Report dukeofpuke June 28, 2016 9:56 PM BST
whybdont they hold it in the usa
Report Eric.Cartman June 29, 2016 8:42 AM BST
Yes, especially when they are not paid
Report Herbie Peanut June 29, 2016 9:42 AM BST
More chance getting bitten on a golf course for 5 hours a day for 4 days than swimming the 100 meters i would think.
Report Total Bosman June 29, 2016 12:04 PM BST
Like Herbie said, yes.  A mosquito-borne virus is going to worry guys who are spending 20 hours out in the open, around standing water, etc.  That aside, for most other sports the Olympics is the pinnacle (as it should be) and so most other sportspeople don't really have the option to pull out - it's what they work towards and what they get funded for.  I'm sure a lot of athletes from different sports will be going with real concerns, not just over the virus but over security etc - it really shouldn't be going ahead in Brazil for a number of reasons.  I really can't blame these guys for not going., even without the virus, security concerns etc when they released the uninspired format it was obvious it wasn't really going to capture the imagination.  Wasted opportunity.
Report wedge1 June 29, 2016 6:35 PM BST
pro golfers at Olympics sad state the Olympic movement has become more chance of catching aids than an scare virus
Report roster June 30, 2016 7:40 AM BST
Certainly are outdoors , humidity , six hour rounds as was mentioned here compared to a pool for ten minutes no brainer
Report Ski-Wiz July 2, 2016 9:07 AM BST

Jun 29, 2016 -- 3:42AM, Herbie Peanut wrote:

More chance getting bitten on a golf course for 5 hours a day for 4 days than swimming the 100 meters i would think.

Concur 100%. Why take the risk for a sport that just been included into the Olympic and no more special than a regular PGA event.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com