Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
El Bandido
10 Jul 15 15:24
| Topic/replies: 1,995 | Blogger: El Bandido's blog
Seems Betfair are gonna be turning off the old site by the end of July.

I gave the new site a go when they first introduced it, but it was a nightmare, and I've been using the old one ever since. Just looking at the new site again now, trying to get my head around it. Switched off the "cash out" option pronto - just imagine the carnage if I clicked that by mistake! In the Open Bets tab in the Betslip, my players are in no kind of order - not the same order as in the market, not alphabetical order, not the order I placed the bets - just jumbled up. And if I try to click "Order by Matched Date", well, it won't let me (I'm using Firefox btw). Haven't tried to place a bet yet (I only bet golf pre-tourny), but I think it's gonna be tough to adapt. I guess I'm not the only one?

Also, when I view the forum from the new site it seems to be in the mold of the old site. So who knows what will happen to the forum?
Pause Switch to Standard View no more old site?
Show More
Report ashleigh July 10, 2015 5:00 PM BST
do you not read other threads.
Report sheppy123 July 10, 2015 6:50 PM BST
Most people prefer the old site. There was a thread about it a while back.
Report El Bandido July 12, 2015 12:10 PM BST
Cheers, haven't actually seen any threads on the golf forum about this. Today when I look at the markets, seems like the ordering of "my bets" is fixed (maybe they're reading this?!). But on the other hand, in the Scottish Open top 5 market, the p&l in the market view is all wrong (eg Rickie Fowler £154.01 (green), -£184.37 (red) when I've actually bet fifty quid at 6.8, and some of my lays have reds in both columns).

Anyway, will do my best to adapt as I guess it's goodbye old site no matter what.
Report padlock July 12, 2015 1:20 PM BST
B@stards
Report romfordiron July 12, 2015 4:38 PM BST
Just had a look on the new site again for the first time in a while. It's still awful. I'm getting the same problem, all my bets are completely muddled up on the Open Bets section of the betslip. My laptop hates it as well - it keeps temporarily crashing on the new site on markets where I've hundreds of unmatched bets. It runs fine of the old site. I'd imagine Bet Angel are going to do some good business when the old site finally shuts off.
Report kavvie July 12, 2015 11:52 PM BST
ive never used the new site up to now.now ive no choice since yesterday.my last ever bet on betfair is on the open i have a bet matched.when i eventually found the open its not showing green and red .no indication i have a matched bet.its a shambles.talk about shooting yourself in the foot..its amazing really what they are doing.self destruction.
Report donny osmond July 13, 2015 10:23 AM BST
kavvie

under settings... on right hand side... you may need to click box beside profit and loss
to show figures on screen

there are quite a few things that do not seem to set up as you have customised the
old site to suit your needs, and new site needs to be customised too (sometimes)

its a pity we dont get shown where these are, and that they require us to find them for ourselves

what is customer service for ????
Report Ski-Wiz July 13, 2015 12:25 PM BST
Looked at the new site again for the first time in 2/3 years.......uuuurrrgghhhhhh......colour scheme is wrong.
Report El Bandido July 13, 2015 5:43 PM BST
Don't like the colours either (although I think I could get used to them if only the rest was working nicely). Also, the font of the players in the market view is surely much too small, and on my screen I've got 2 or 3 inches of pointless white space between them and where the odds start. Betfair - please fix these things! Or if I need glasses in the coming weeks, I'll be sending the bill to your web designers lol
Report El Bandido July 13, 2015 5:49 PM BST
Oh, and a scrollbar on the forum would be handy too, I have to use the arrow keys as it is now (firefox) Crazy
Report furrelli July 14, 2015 1:43 PM BST
damn..... got defaulted to it today.... had put that site from my thoughts like 2yrs ago, spent about 15mins on it, was shocking as i recollect
Report pa lapsy July 15, 2015 1:29 PM BST
The new site is unworkable for me particulary in golf, very easy to "refresh" a price with the old site,with the new you have to go to the top of the page and press the refresh icon though your player may be way down the list, absolutely crazy and a lot worse,you couldn't make it up.
Report frames July 25, 2015 7:09 AM BST
Old site gone for everyone ?

What a pile of sh1te this is.
Report frames July 25, 2015 7:56 AM BST
Not sure it's workable.Bets are just in a random order ,ok when it's only a few .Can the bets be put in market order like the old site ?
Report frames July 25, 2015 8:06 AM BST
In order now,not sure why though.
Report frames July 25, 2015 9:08 AM BST
Spoke to BF.Used to be able to remove left side(lists of my markets),for more room on screen can't be done now.Just wondered how that is an improvement.
Report trebor July 25, 2015 10:14 AM BST
Still got the old site here, tho I never use it, try a api frames you will never want to use the old or the new site ever again.
Report frames July 25, 2015 10:16 AM BST
Which one do you use Trebor ?
Report trebor July 25, 2015 10:17 AM BST
Bet Angel
Report trebor July 25, 2015 10:21 AM BST
Drives me mad looking up and down the list for players when they not reordered, I don't think I could make this work if I had to use the new or old site in running, I put up 12 ladders, 1 click and you puts the players in odds order.
Report frames July 25, 2015 10:25 AM BST
Cheers.
Report trebor July 25, 2015 10:45 AM BST
Just a thought but if you do get one it is probably natural to start off on the page that looks most like the Betfair screen you are used to, that screen is not good for markets with poor liquidity, if the odds change as you click you could end up laying at odds you did not intend to. But on the ladder it can only go in your favour if odds change as you click.
Report El Bandido July 27, 2015 12:12 PM BST
On the new site, seems to be 2 different "versions" of the market...

When I first load a market from the left menu, the player names are in normal text (ie not bold and kinda small), and when I scroll down in the market the menus go off the top of the screen, and also this version of the market tends to have the "my bets" in nonsense order. No idea why!

But now if I load the market again from the left menu, another "version" appears with player names in bold, and this time the market is in its own frame so no problems with scrolling, and also the "my selections" seem to be in good order like with the old site. I actually find the new site is quite okay now as long as I load this version of the market.
Report Rum Tiddle July 29, 2015 10:10 PM BST
I don't find the new site too bad.
Report a bitofinterest July 29, 2015 10:34 PM BST
Crazy
Report therhino July 29, 2015 10:50 PM BST
I still have the old site Silly
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com