Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
JohnTerry
01 May 15 06:27
| Topic/replies: 2,285 | Blogger: JohnTerry's blog
COLONOL BRUCE. I AM SORRY TO HEAR IF YOU HAVE GOT THE TERRIBLE ILLNESS OF ALZHEIMERS DISEASE .
Pause Switch to Standard View BRUCE CRITCHLEY SHOULD NOT BE...
Show More
Report JohnTerry May 1, 2015 6:31 AM BST
I HAVE LEARNT TO NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING WHATSOVER THIS MAN SAYS.if he says its raining ,go out and check.he has just told me in his last 2 speeches the American Jones has won. Simpson lost his first game . the list is endless.
Report bigH May 1, 2015 6:57 AM BST
see the main tournament thread

the format is confusing enoough without Bruce confusing things even further

he doesn't appear to know the tournament format or who most of the players are

beyond hopeless
Report JohnTerry May 1, 2015 8:45 AM BST
why is he commentating?
Report DRAGON DANCER May 1, 2015 5:02 PM BST
He doesn't have a clue what is going on, very saddening he is employed at something he is incompetent at. Won't find a worse sports broadcaster on the planet, well done Sky.
Report JohnTerry May 1, 2015 5:23 PM BST
completely agree,been the same for years
Report Lufc86 May 1, 2015 11:09 PM BST
He just said

"balls in there air,  human aswell as golf balls"

WTF?
Report big dunc May 1, 2015 11:12 PM BST
he's completely lost it now
Report Studious_1 May 1, 2015 11:15 PM BST
It's ridiculous that he doesn't understand that Grace/Hoffman/ZJ are in a playoff for the Group winner.

Somehow thinks something else is going on despite the fact there are three players all playing the same hole....quite remarkable.
Report big dunc May 1, 2015 11:18 PM BST
why hasn't Coltart corrected him though, he's just letting him carry on talking rubbish
Report Studious_1 May 1, 2015 11:20 PM BST
Think he's too embarrassed for him to say anything while on air.

Maybe now there's an advert on he might enlighten the man as to why three players are all playing the same hole together....be interesting if one of them makes birdie here what he concludes...or doesn't Whoops
Report dave1357 May 1, 2015 11:21 PM BST
In his defence the production is useless.  I can't actually remember any pictures of the games being won - the just suddenly were in a 3 man play-off.
Report dave1357 May 1, 2015 11:23 PM BST
tho he doesn't seem to have twigged even now lol
Report Studious_1 May 1, 2015 11:24 PM BST
There is no defence...they showed pictures of three guys, all teeing off on the same hole together...what did he think that was...two playing together and the other fella say 'whoa lads, i'll join ye for a cheeky three ball here for a giggle'....can only conclude he's commentating while on the sherbets.
Report big dunc May 1, 2015 11:30 PM BST
yayyy three way play off but they're on the third now Bruce Laugh
Report JohnTerry May 2, 2015 12:01 AM BST
GORDON SPIETH ETC ETC
Report aberdonia May 2, 2015 9:31 AM BST
The 3 man play off where he seemed to think different players where on different holes playing in 2 balls beggared belief.

i tweeted sky to tell them to pension the senile buffoon off.

Dont know why sky have to send their own commentators over when the yanks are a much better listen.
Report THEMONEYSHOT May 2, 2015 10:43 AM BST
Gotta agree the man is a load of old pony, about as useful as Anne Frank's drum kit.
Report goodspella May 2, 2015 10:50 AM BST
I agree that the US coverage is much better but, as embarrassing as Critchley's gaffes are, it's actually Ewan Murray's boring, cliche riddled and patronising routine that annoys me more. He sees a player, shows off by telling us what tournaments he's won and then inevitably says something like "playing some of the best golf you're ever likely to see" which is clearly sycophantic nonsense. His constant preaching about how "wonderful" the day's play has been, spoken as if we're incapable of deciding that for ourselves, really winds me up. Often I have to turn the sound down and listen to music while watching, just to calm down.

Anyway, with any luck, Murray won't be eulogising about Rory "World Number 1" McIlroy on sunday night as Branden "Amazing" Grace saunters to the matchplay title, playing the best golf the universe has ever seen. That would be wonderful.
Report JohnTerry May 2, 2015 2:07 PM BST
retire
Report Total Bosman May 3, 2015 3:59 PM BST
Apparently the semis are "two Englishmen versus two Americans".  Unbelievable stuff.
Report aberdonia May 3, 2015 3:59 PM BST
the semis are 2 Englishmen against 2 Americans.
Report sickoflayinwinners May 3, 2015 6:20 PM BST
hopefully todays shambolic/ boring performance from the colonel is in fact"the retirement stakes"
Report JohnTerry May 4, 2015 1:18 PM BST
retire
Report therhino May 4, 2015 3:14 PM BST
Who are the main Brit commentators who do Euro Tour with that yank fella Jacobson?? I find Euro Tour unwatchable thanks to these guys. 10 mins and I'm bored senseless. The Brits have some awesome football commentators - AGUEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  LoveLove

Why can't you lot get some golf comms with a pulse? Or fk it, just get Martin Tyler on the golf and call it a day. It's not hard, he will pick it up fast enough.
Report hearts1874 May 5, 2015 12:58 AM BST
people get upset by his mumblings? LaughLaughLaugh
Report JohnTerry May 9, 2015 2:27 PM BST
where is he? new foreign bird
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com