Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
JohnTerry
10 Jan 15 09:22
| Topic/replies: 2,285 | Blogger: JohnTerry's blog
Been betting on them for 14 years. now packed in . complete rubbish and whenever I want a decent price a bot usurps me. complete carp . after all this time gone back to bookies.
Pause Switch to Standard View TOP 10 TOP 5 .COMPLETE AND UTTER...
Show More
Report donny osmond January 10, 2015 12:42 PM GMT
usurped by a bot

Cry
Report JohnTerry January 10, 2015 9:21 PM GMT
ye
Report YOMOMMA January 10, 2015 9:24 PM GMT
what does usurp mean?
Report dukeofpuke January 11, 2015 2:25 AM GMT
its a bit like this

you are in a night club you see a gorgeous girl you approach her but she says no thanks im with someone

most of the night goes like this you like someone you get knocked back

but at the end of the night you still need (your hit) and you spot gladys the local bike the tattoed lovely the gilmorton gobbler etc (she never says no)

i hope that helps Laugh
Report therhino January 11, 2015 3:47 AM GMT
So Betfair is the night club, the top 10 price is the girl, the someone she is with is the bot and the bookies are the gilmorton gobbler who never says no. Got it?
Report ccmac1975 January 11, 2015 5:22 AM GMT
I'm totally lost by the last analogy  but that's not a surprise Grin
Report loserschaselosers January 11, 2015 11:03 AM GMT
the place markets seem quite tight and liquid these days, maybe more so than in the past? either way, if you're looking to pull there seems to be enough interest out there.....
Report Westender January 11, 2015 2:05 PM GMT
Betfair is finished buys - liquidity gone with customers.
Report donny osmond January 11, 2015 2:18 PM GMT
you think you have pulled with the gilmorton gobbler when some bot usurps you by
buying her a £2 kebab
Report Westender January 11, 2015 2:51 PM GMT
Let's hope either Betfair change strategy or another exchange appears better than purple.
Report JohnTerry January 12, 2015 12:35 AM GMT
could not agree more
Report Kelly January 13, 2015 11:31 AM GMT
It is only on the Majors or WGC events that there is generally any decent liquidity on the place markets . Re the Majors I suspect that a lot of the place market activity is generated via layers taking profit in running where they can , and prepared to put up place odds slightly better than bookies offer in running .

Dont think I saw any sizeable figures to lay or back on the top 4 yesterday , although in a limited field traditionally the layers are fairly circumspect , so little activity .
Report Rob_The_Bantam February 21, 2015 5:57 AM GMT
I've virtually given trying to bet on these markets too.  I'm 99% a layer on them, but put up a fair price and a bot immediately wants to get matched at a tick or two higher.  Leave the money up and you might get a £2 bet matched.  Brendan Steele was getting matched at 95 to win the Northern Trust, but a lay at 19 on him to come top 5 never got touched (bot immediately chucked some cash up requesting 20), so I pulled it and moved on.  Might have got some chomped in the end, but it's not worth the time and effort to keep checking.
Report JohnTerry February 21, 2015 9:34 AM GMT
rob exactly my sentiments
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com