Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brain dead jockeys
06 Dec 14 17:13
| Topic/replies: 5,098 | Blogger: brain dead jockeys's blog
he is the greatest golfer ever in my opinion, but i think this is it. the left leg is knackered and the back now is a huge problem.............his game was all about power and i dont believe he will have the patience to win in a different way now that he is approaching 40.
he has had 5 operations on his left knee, stress fractures, achilles problems and back surgery..............once the back starts acting up, its hard to get over. he over worked his body from early 20's to early 30's.............if u read hank heney's book there are numerous musings by members of tigers team that he has pumped way too much weights. but tiger wouldnt listen to anyone. he has also done some really stupid things on the course. he played a few rounds in 2008 us open (which he won) with stress fractures in his leg................and a few mths ago he was playing in the pga with a very bad back. you should never do things like that. in this world health is the priority............that also goes for sports stars..............and he is now paying the price for this madness.
there will never be another tiger woods............whatever rory will achieve, he wont win 79 times on the PGA tour and he wont win 18 world golf CHAMPIONSHIPS............he may get into double figures for majors but i dont think he will reach 14.
i have read some journalists in past few mths saying rory is as good if not better than TIGER..................GET A GRIP.
TIGER WOODS IS THE GREATEST SPORTS PERFORMER EVER......................i cant say sportsman, can i since he is a total ***hole...........i couldnt care less about his personality or what he does is his private life.
Pause Switch to Standard View TIGER, THE GREATEST SPORTSPERFORMER...
Show More
Report therhino December 6, 2014 10:08 PM GMT
Have faith. The great ones always have one last dance left in them when it appears in all certainty they are cooked. Rebuilding your swing at this age is a concern as is the injury list, but I'm a romantic and have to believe he has that one last dance left in him.
Report Ski-Wiz December 6, 2014 11:10 PM GMT
You don't care about his personality or what he does is his private life and yet still called him an a$$hole.....get a grip.

He will win again next year.
Report anfeild December 6, 2014 11:11 PM GMT
He will win again no doubt.
Report donny osmond December 6, 2014 11:24 PM GMT
i think he will win again, but may not have much of a career on seniors tour

tiger is better than rory because tiger playing badly in his prime was still often contending

he was streets ahead of his contemporaries

i'd love to see him head to head with rory at augusta or in an open
Report therhino December 6, 2014 11:55 PM GMT
I'd be happy enough for Tiger v Rory in a regular event Donny. Just make it happen. And you are right about Tiger in his prime. The Masters that Immelman won is a great example, remember watching Tiger and thinking wtf is wrong with you man, get it together... he finished 2nd Crazy But he played horribly.
Report therhino December 6, 2014 11:57 PM GMT
He is at the last chance saloon though. There are no more resets after this in terms of swing changes or massive injury layoffs. Has to look after the body now and even start thinking about quality of life post career.
Report freddiek December 7, 2014 12:36 AM GMT
hopefully for his fans and the sport he becomes competitive at the top level again.

i remember the last few years of Seve's career which were torture and i wouldn't like to see Tiger to finish up that way.
Report anfeild December 7, 2014 1:09 AM GMT
Tiger is at a crossroads alright. It's his body is the problem. He ain't going to break jacks record at this stage. He defo win again barring injuries but the major record is gone. To many good players that dont have the tiger scare. I would like to see him win majors again. His private life is his own.
Report racingguru December 7, 2014 10:13 AM GMT
I don't think Tiger will go the way of Seve. Once he knows he can't compete he'll pack it in. Hopefully he'll win another major - would really like to see that but Jacks record looks a forelorn hope now.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 December 7, 2014 11:40 AM GMT
a brave and i suspect a foolish call to say he will never win again on tour. This week coming of a long lay off, flubbing chips let right and centre and battling a 100 degree fever he is still level par.

Woods is only 39 if he can get a clear run with injuries there are plenty of wins and maybe majors.

anfeild you say there are too many good players who dont have the tiger scare, who are these great front runners and top players?
Report vegasdreams December 7, 2014 7:19 PM GMT
I believe he should accept he is getting older and just go with it, what I mean is if he just stopped leathering it take 30 yards off, swinging freely.
If he still has his A game, he will win lots even giving the field a few yards, facts are he's won everything many times, you can't ask for more.
Report donny osmond December 7, 2014 7:22 PM GMT
American skier Lindsey Vonn claimed victory in just her second race back after almost a year out through injury.
The four-time overall World Cup champion won the downhill at Lake Louise in Alberta, Canada, in a time of one minute 50.48 seconds.
The 30-year-old's time was nearly half a second quicker than USA team-mate Stacey Cook, with another American, Julia Mancuso, in third.
Vonn has had a shin fracture and two knee operations in the past two years.
"I fought so hard to be back where I am, at the top of the podium," Vonn said after her 60th World Cup victory.
"It means the world to me, it's just unbelievable. It's like a dream day."
Report xmoneyx December 8, 2014 2:06 PM GMT
Tweeter Alliss ‏@TweeterAlliss  · 13m13 minutes ago

Breaking; After the #HeroWorldChallenge tournament,  the US Pitch and Putt Federation have revised young Tiger's handicap to 18. Delightful.Excited
Report par December 8, 2014 4:13 PM GMT
it would be lovely if the author of the thread could offer nice prices on him winning again
Report no moves December 10, 2014 2:17 AM GMT
Greatest sportsperformer ever?

What about Jessie Owen, Muhammid Ali, Frankel and Jack Nicklaus?
Report therhino December 10, 2014 6:18 AM GMT
Frankel ShockedConfusedCrazy
Report no moves December 10, 2014 9:36 AM GMT
Sportsperformer...........it doesn't state its got to be a man.
Report Owmybrainhurtz December 11, 2014 7:16 PM GMT
A match between Tiger Woods and Tom Watson would be very interesting!
Report SPOT THE DOG December 14, 2014 4:36 PM GMT
If Rory gets anywhere near Tiger's record, he would do very well indeed. Imo todays players are of better class and fitter than in Tiger's prime.
Report brain dead jockeys January 31, 2015 6:31 PM GMT
finished
Report primed139 January 31, 2015 11:54 PM GMT
The greatest sports performers do not resort to cheating when their not playing well... #nicklausgreatestgolferever
Report el gato February 1, 2015 7:17 PM GMT
tad early to be writing him off
Report BobSievier February 1, 2015 8:35 PM GMT
Needs to play in more tournaments without going for the "W" , just play to get back to some sort of form , get reconciled with Butch Harmon and go from there , at 40 he still has plenty to offer , once in contention again the juices will flow and then anything is possible .
Report brain dead jockeys February 8, 2015 9:16 PM GMT
hes gone...............its not just the injuries, his chipping is that of a 18 handicapper. its over. tiger did too much damage too his body. golfers dont need muscle..............hope rory is listening.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com