Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
the muppet moans
22 Apr 14 14:16
| Topic/replies: 1,835 | Blogger: the muppet moans's blog
A very tricky week on the European tour as we move to China and to yet another course which has not been used for a proper tournament. I have come up with three suggestions who may offer some value with everyone in the same boat on a new course.
Richie Ramsay returned from injury not that long ago (this time his ankle!) and finished 11th in Morocco and then 2nd in Spain albeit in a weak field. He is determined to make up for lost time which included a poor 2013 in general due to a catalogue of injuries. He missed the cut on the mark last week in Malaysia but that means we get a better price this week and that weekend off was due to one poor hole really. He has a good record in China - 2nd on his first visit in 2008 on the Challenge Tour, a superb 3rd in the HSBC event on a course designed by the same designer as this weeks venue and was 4th in Hong Kong (just over the border) on his last visit in 2011. I think at the price he represents some value in this weeks field 0.4 ew 55/1
I have been really impressed with Tyrrell Hatton as he has quickly moved through the ranks. From two wins on each of the Jamega and Europro tours he then had a solid finish to 2013 on the Challenge tour with 2nd placed finishes in China and Kazakhstan and 6th in the UAE to earn his full card. He hasn't rested on his laurels and has already wrapped up his card with a 10th in Abu Dhabi and a 2nd in the Joburg Open. The problem I had was which market to back him in? I think a win is a very tall order but is worth a small bet 0.1 ew 200/1, another top 10 is more likely - 0.4 16/1 whilst the best market could be top English player. In that market he was 1st Joburg, 1st Abu Dhabi and t4th Qatar - 0.3 ew 33/1
Last man in is a name most won't have heard of and is a bit of a shot in the dark. Rhein Gibson is a young Australian who was 4th in his home Open at the end of last year - ahead of Jason Day although a few shots back from Scott and Rory. He was 4th in China on the One Asia tour before that and surged through the field in his latest outing with a 62 to finish 2nd in Indonesia. That low round was no fluke - most news about him will lead you to the world record 55 he shot in 2012. It is a risk but at 150/1 I'll give him a chance 0.2 ew 150/1
Pause Switch to Standard View Volvo China Open
Show More
Report donny osmond April 22, 2014 5:25 PM BST
young mr gibson an interesting prospect........
Report Si-K April 22, 2014 5:49 PM BST
Soren Hansen 200/1
Soren Kjeldsen

Team Soren!
Report Take My Money, I Don't Want It April 22, 2014 8:12 PM BST
Hi everyone, dead on here these days compared to years past. Anyway I like one player in particular this week. And I would like to ask why The Muppet Moans has missed it or possibly overlooked him?
This young fella goes by the name of Jin Joeng, a very young south korean player who grew up in australia, he has a 1st and a 2nd in the last 8 months of his european tour career and he is 225/1 to win this! I managed to snaffle 12/1 for a top 20 finish early on for £127 and have also backed first round leader at 150/1 (out early) and outright at 225/1 and 200/1
For me this guy is soooooooooooooooooo underrated and has somehow gone under the radar, I expect another win within the next 12 months....

What do recon on this guy TMM? 12/1 for top 20/1 pretty **** hot bet?
Report the muppet moans April 22, 2014 8:48 PM BST
Hi Timmy - great young player - trouble is catching him right - maybe best saving your pennies on the place market and simply backing him every week at big odds for the win - maybe on a course he has played b4 - certainly true when he won in Perth
Report toberaheena April 22, 2014 8:55 PM BST
Interesting that Duffner travels here rather than play the Zurich. If memory serves me well, he did a similar thing last year. He maybe has a contract with Volvo or an equipment maker to do the Asian side of things. After all, that is where the population is and there are many new customers in Asia that have not been tapped up yet. Just hard to build decent couses near population centres as the smog around major cities is unreal if you have not experienced it. Colsaerts had a good week in Malaysia and he may continue that line of form and is a bet to lead after 18 and and savers on a top 20 finish for me.
Report par April 22, 2014 9:08 PM BST
Just fill your boots on Poults.

He has been screaming for a few weeks now that he is nailing it without getting the scores.

Looking at the pictures it looks a reasonably short, tight course, surely right up his street.

Looking for a big run off the great man this week.
Report therhino April 23, 2014 3:40 AM BST
Poulter grows a leg in Asia too par. Have to agree with you.
Report par April 23, 2014 1:07 PM BST
I hope we are collecting therhino
Report big dunc April 23, 2014 1:41 PM BST
been told a bit of info about the course, the front nine is wide open with no rough and soft fairways, the back nine is a bit tight with water in play on all of the last six holes.

could provide an eventful finish
Report mengmeng April 23, 2014 2:49 PM BST
im aboard the Poulter train also this week.
Report par April 23, 2014 3:49 PM BST
cheers dunc
Report Quincy April 23, 2014 11:54 PM BST
Surprised you have deserted your old favorite, Shane Lowry, toberaheena. Hoey, Wattel, Aguilar, Rumford and Ramsay main winners for me.  Good luck with yours.
Report mengmeng April 23, 2014 11:58 PM BST
yeah shane lowry is nailed on now
Report donny osmond April 24, 2014 11:54 AM BST
LI,Hao-tong

5 birdies and an 11 at par 5 9th to finish +1

otherwise all pars

strange round
Report 1st time poster April 24, 2014 5:27 PM BST
top bombing start muppet,very impressive
Report glory hornet April 24, 2014 7:09 PM BST
Si-K

hope you backed the other Hansen  ( peter )  he's on fire in the USA
Report par April 25, 2014 8:54 AM BST
so much for Poulter, head off completely
Report guernseyw April 25, 2014 9:10 AM BST
poults messed up the drop on the par 5 ???
Report par April 25, 2014 9:19 AM BST
Unbelievable carry on.
Report guernseyw April 25, 2014 9:32 AM BST
guess we won't know wether the 8 is a 9 or D/Q till after card is signed
Report therhino April 25, 2014 10:12 AM BST
what a knob jockey Angry
Report par April 25, 2014 10:38 AM BST
It is staggering.

No good blaming the caddie either. Yer man rushed through the drop and was too busy screaming at himself to realise what he was doing.

The double on the par 3 was the catalyst and that three putt was an error you would be disgusted at a junior for making.
Report donny osmond April 25, 2014 11:07 AM BST
LI, Hao-tong -4 so far today, -3 for tournament, but still has 9th to play

cracking effort given that he took 11 there yesterday
Report donny osmond April 25, 2014 11:16 AM BST
eagle at 2 changed to birdie, lol, so -3 and -2
Report Quincy April 25, 2014 11:43 AM BST
This one doesn't look too clever.  Only one half realistic runner left for me, Richie Ramsay. Have taken stakes out of him, Hoey, Fleetwood and Rumford though.
Can burn the book to lose about £30.00.  Don't know whether to do that or salute and go down with the ship.  Good luck with yours.
Report miss anomaly April 25, 2014 3:10 PM BST
Gotta feel bad for Sam Yi. He was +17 through eight holes when he called it quits today, and that was after a birdie on the first. The guy must have had some serious nerves!
Report Si-K April 25, 2014 6:21 PM BST

Apr 24, 2014 -- 1:09PM, glory hornet wrote:

Si-Khope you backed the other Hansen  ( peter )  he's on fire in the USA

I didnt but i did back Noh!

Report Quincy April 26, 2014 10:13 AM BST
Perhaps I should have burnt the book.Cry  It looks even worse now than it did on Friday, but like Si-K, I was on Noh from the start. Happy
Report PerfectionistBollox April 26, 2014 10:23 PM BST
Think I've convinced myself Levy has the cojones to take this in the morning. Ilonen will be solid and shoot -5 or -6 and alvaro will be erratic. So Levy needs a 69 68 to win. Think his nervy round may have been today. That's my thinking anyway. Cue egg on face when I wake up tomorrow mid round
Report toberaheena April 26, 2014 11:06 PM BST
Had another look at this market and feel that there is enough quality near enough to the leader to deem it pertinent of an average lay of Alexander @ 2.26ish. Not going mad, just a handy lay.
Report toberaheena April 26, 2014 11:07 PM BST
@Perfectionist...one of us will be correct
Report therhino April 27, 2014 7:37 AM BST
Those 2 holes on Friday looking really bad for Poulter now. Would be bang in this if not for them.
Report toberaheena April 27, 2014 8:26 AM BST
Looks like a cruise to the line for Levy . Nobody putting a back nine together in order to wipe the contrived smile for the face of Levy. One bit of pressure would tell in my humble opinion but will it come.
Report therhino April 27, 2014 8:29 AM BST
Had to lay a bit of 1.04, plenty of trouble to come over the last few holes.
Report therhino April 27, 2014 8:33 AM BST
Cheeky fecker holes his birdie putt.
Report therhino April 27, 2014 9:02 AM BST
Here it comes Excited
Report lizardlouis April 27, 2014 9:10 AM BST
Not a sniff, he easily gets the job done by two shots or easing off and three putting on the 18th to win by one.................move on, nothing to see hear!
Report lizardlouis April 27, 2014 9:24 AM BST
GSMLaughLaugh
Report therhino April 27, 2014 9:24 AM BST
Well, there was a sniff, a good 8 second sniff between Fleetwood's putt and that shot. Brilliant shot.
Report par April 27, 2014 9:24 AM BST
what a shot from Levy under the pressure, where he has been hiding then, a bit of a player.

The French are slipping some decent players through nowadays.
Report therhino April 27, 2014 9:28 AM BST
Fleetwood clearly doesn't like the cut of the Chinese fairways. Been working really hard to stay away from them at all costs over the back 9.
Report lizardlouis April 27, 2014 9:34 AM BST
One good drive please!Grin
Report par April 27, 2014 9:36 AM BST
Levy deserves a smack off whoever that ball hit.
Report par April 27, 2014 9:40 AM BST
lol, no fear, dead
Report lizardlouis April 27, 2014 9:40 AM BST
No choker this boy, different gravy with the approach to the 17th and 18th...well deserved!
Report therhino April 27, 2014 9:40 AM BST
grandstand finish
Report lizardlouis April 27, 2014 9:42 AM BST
Frenchies ready to go crazy with the Pomagne!!
Report par April 27, 2014 9:42 AM BST
as impressive as you will see, had the yellow jersey on for a long time and never really looked like getting beat
Report par April 27, 2014 9:43 AM BST
I do hope he doesn't do a Levet
Report PerfectionistBollox April 27, 2014 3:00 PM BST
Good to wake up to a Levy win. (I am not just up now!). French golf getting stronger and stronger
Report toberaheena April 27, 2014 4:18 PM BST
@Perfect.. hope you made a few quid
Report PerfectionistBollox April 27, 2014 6:42 PM BST
Cheers tober. Made a few bob alright, stuck in a lay at 1.2 when I woke up mid round to green up and went back to sleep. Now on to Bradley in the Zurich. Noh played really well yesterday but hoping he won't keep it up
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com