Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ski-Wiz
21 Feb 14 14:19
| Topic/replies: 11,378 | Blogger: Ski-Wiz's blog
I was thinking about sending an email to PGA Tour website to get them to change their font(s) on the certain pages to make it easier to read. The current font(s) on, for example, http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/schedule.html is cr@p IMO.

Other fonts like Verdana are easier on the eye and have more spaces between each letters and the letters are designed better than the current one.

Does anyone on here agree?
Pause Switch to Standard View 'Petition' to change the font on PGA...
Show More
Report sandsave February 21, 2014 4:48 PM GMT
New PGA site is awful. Whats with all the huge pictures?. Very hard to find anything but big pictures. Comic book.
Report donny osmond February 21, 2014 6:27 PM GMT
another waste of money on an expensive upgrade

site is now awful
Report Total Bosman February 22, 2014 11:19 AM GMT
New designs always come as a bit of a shock, but this one seems pretty horrible.  I guess the rationale is to make it more tablet-friendly but it still seems like a really unstructured mess.
Report padlock February 22, 2014 11:47 AM GMT
i detest the new site Sad
Report Quincy February 22, 2014 11:51 AM GMT
I now get is a message saying my browser may be outdated and recommending updating. Then 'Learn More'
Report Ski-Wiz February 22, 2014 12:47 PM GMT
While new designs can be a bit of a shock, even comic like, the most important thing is choosing the correct font that is easy to read quickly.
Report loserschaselosers February 24, 2014 11:55 AM GMT
Hopefully the upgrade will include differentiating between D.H.Lee and Danny Lee on the mobile website.
Report greelo February 24, 2014 10:47 PM GMT
agrre ski-wiz, nasty typeface on that page, too heavy, too condensed, no need for fancy stuff, nice and simple does it best
Report sandsave February 25, 2014 8:01 PM GMT
Will there still be Shotracker?
Report Total Bosman February 25, 2014 10:19 PM GMT
I might be missing it among the clutter, but can anyone spot the course guide page for this week?  Pretty basic information and now seems pretty hard to find.
Report kincsem February 26, 2014 9:09 AM GMT
Those guys need to hire a Graphic Designer
or if they did hire a Graphic Designer they failed.
Report El Bandido February 26, 2014 9:57 AM GMT
I hate it when sites change like this ... I mean, maybe I'm a bit of a dinosaur, I still use the old BF site ... but I can't see how the new site is an improvement. I didn't think much of the old PGA Tour site either, because it didn't have tournament results from previous years, but this is still the case for the new site. And now there are lots of broken links ... like Total Bosman said, the course guide page is not there anymore. Also, I can only see the top 16 players on the leaderboard without scrolling, that's gonna be annoying! Surely with all the money in the game, they could come up with something better than this?
Report sandsave February 26, 2014 11:14 AM GMT
Setting the screen to 75% helps but still can't see any link to Shot tracker. Plenty of huge pictures though !
Report Mighty Whites 2008 February 26, 2014 9:23 PM GMT
There is a 'new leaderboard' where if you click on the player you get his shot tracker.

Hope they haven't got rid of the shot tracker page.
Report sandsave February 26, 2014 9:48 PM GMT
Hmmm not looking good
Report maggot February 27, 2014 8:14 AM GMT
If you google shot tracker Honda classic, you will find the old page. I just hope it works.
Report sandsave February 27, 2014 9:01 AM GMT
Thanks maggot now looking OK Happy
Report GRANTCKING February 27, 2014 1:31 PM GMT
holy sh it the new leaderbaord looks f ucking terrible, the old one was perfect, wtf have they done
Report mac 40 February 27, 2014 2:26 PM GMT
The old site used to say something like  THIRD SHOT 12 ft to hole on the par 4 5th hole for example, now it just says THIRD SHOT 12 ft to hole !!!! on a what!!! a Par 3 or a Par 4 or a Par 5    dreadful, I know you can look on the scoreboard to find out the Par of the hole but it time consuming,   Changes for changes sake, and also the colour coding, why two colours almost the same, Blue and light blue, why not have a RED for Danger on my big losers !!!!

Mac
Report Quincy February 27, 2014 3:24 PM GMT
Site is rubbish.  Giving up betting on US Golf.
Report donny osmond February 27, 2014 4:00 PM GMT
colours not working on ipad, i got one coloured green then no more

close up on green on little shot tracker wont work either
Report xmoneyx February 27, 2014 4:11 PM GMT
SO BAD

Cry
Report padlock February 27, 2014 4:13 PM GMT
ffs the pgatour site is doing me in AngryAngryAngry
Report xmoneyx February 27, 2014 4:18 PM GMT
golf channel site easier on the eye,not sure about how fast updates

http://www.golfchannel.com/tours/pga-tour/2014/honda-classic/
Report xmoneyx February 27, 2014 4:27 PM GMT
just deteted pga siteCool
Report sandsave February 27, 2014 4:48 PM GMT
Why not just use Shot tracker it's same as ever was Happy
Report Ski-Wiz February 27, 2014 4:55 PM GMT
I still use the old BF site .

So do I....LaughLaugh
Report sandsave February 27, 2014 4:55 PM GMT
Me to LaughLaughLaugh
Report Ski-Wiz February 27, 2014 4:56 PM GMT

Feb 27, 2014 -- 9:24AM, Quincy wrote:

Site is rubbish.

Report Ski-Wiz February 27, 2014 4:57 PM GMT
Quincy • February 27, 2014 3:24 PM GMT
Site is rubbish.  Giving up betting on US Golf.

Don't let those poor designers drive you away.
Report Ski-Wiz February 27, 2014 5:01 PM GMT
So i select the players i want on the top of my leaderboard.......all black in two different shades......the designers must have very dark gloomy personalities.
Report dave1357 February 27, 2014 5:23 PM GMT
think its completely facked now WD OP
Report djx1969. February 27, 2014 6:08 PM GMT
why cant you get shot tracker unless you minimise page to 75%
Report djx1969. February 27, 2014 6:08 PM GMT
why cant you get shot tracker unless you minimise page to 75%
Report Si-K February 27, 2014 7:15 PM GMT
Hi guys i was head graphic designer on the new pga layout. Im glad you are enjoying the new features
Report MichaelMacd. February 27, 2014 7:28 PM GMT
Truly Terrible Upgrade!  Looks like they've tried to simplify it and made a complete hash of it!
Report STUDYFORM February 27, 2014 11:01 PM GMT
They make changes (not unlike BF) which they think are better and which aren't. Anyone who says the changes make the site worse is just seen as resistant to change.
They never change it back.
The changes made to the PGA site are about the worst I've ever seen.
Report Quincy February 28, 2014 10:01 AM GMT
Ski, if I log on to the PGA site using Firefox, I end up with messages saying 'A script on this page may have stoppped working' with the option to continue or stop the script.  Click on 'Stop' and you get another one pooping up. I'm miles behind with paperwork anyway, losing another ten minutes every time it happens does my head in. I'm stuck with McGirt, Fowler, De Jonge and real no-hopers on the Honda.  The less said about the Tshwane the better.  Good luck with yours.
Report xmoneyx February 28, 2014 11:26 AM GMT
Si-K     27 Feb 14 19:15 
Hi guys i was head graphic designer on the new pga layout. Im glad you are enjoying the new features

Laugh
Report NorwichRob February 28, 2014 5:53 PM GMT
The 'real' graphic designer is obviously no golf fan or site user, probably met the brief as been signed off as 'go live' by the host, culminating in a complete rrrrrs up Cry
Report donny osmond February 28, 2014 6:39 PM GMT
the ideas of the site seem to be quite good

it just doesnt function.....firstly because you need luck to find stuff, and secondly because it doesnt work
Report NorwichRob February 28, 2014 7:54 PM GMT
& it looks as if you've got mr magoo glasses on Cry.....can't think of one for the youngsters there, but probably not required these days Cry Laugh
Report Camberley Badger March 2, 2014 6:08 PM GMT
The leaderboard is far too spaced out now. You see a lot few players listed before you have to scroll (on my desktop PC). Definitely too focussed on tablets - why not have separate styles and layouts per device. I really don't like the new site's layout... :-(
Report Camberley Badger March 2, 2014 6:08 PM GMT
a lot *fewer* players, even (d'oh!)
Report donny osmond March 2, 2014 7:54 PM GMT
site works better on pc than ipad, indeed its really bad on ipad, freezes every refresh .....
Report htafc73. March 3, 2014 3:04 AM GMT
It must be really bad on the Ipad then as its bad on pc. Looks like it was made by the visually impaired for the visually impaired.
Report GRANTCKING March 3, 2014 10:04 AM GMT
the site was freezing for me big time last night, FU PGA
Report donny osmond March 6, 2014 12:05 PM GMT
two leasderboards to operate this week

my computer is not going to cope as puerto rice board is freezing already ...
Report racingguru March 6, 2014 12:28 PM GMT
e-mailed the PGAtour website about it.

Their reply was a nothing reply as expected "We realize that change is tough and we very much appreciate your feedback and patience in this transition."
Report Templeton Peck March 9, 2014 8:23 PM GMT
El Bandido 26 Feb 14 08:57
I hate it when sites change like this ... I mean, maybe I'm a bit of a dinosaur, I still use the old BF site ... but I can't see how the new site is an improvement. I didn't think much of the old PGA Tour site either, because it didn't have tournament results from previous years, but this is still the case for the new site. And now there are lots of broken links ... like Total Bosman said, the course guide page is not there anymore. Also, I can only see the top 16 players on the leaderboard without scrolling, that's gonna be annoying! Surely with all the money in the game, they could come up with something better than this?

This could have been written by me. I bet on golf four times a year but decided to take a look this evening. Looked at the PGA site for the first time in ages and can't believe how awful it is.  You used to be able to clcik on any year for a player and click on any tournament to get the details.
Report agro March 10, 2014 1:09 AM GMT
You can add me to the list - for historical data, the site is a joke. Their advertisers would be pleased to know that I go to CBS Sports !!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com