Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
therhino
14 Oct 13 07:57
| Topic/replies: 22,362 | Blogger: therhino's blog
Fall series ain't the Fall series no more, you couldn't tell by the field and posts on here for the Frys. Let's hope for better this week, I actually like this event but I have a bit of a fascination with all things Las Vegas so maybe a little partial. Better field this week and a course that yields a lot of birdies so hopefully it will be highly entertaining.

From a punting perspective, form lines everywhere, got a list of I don't know how many that I'm looking at, need to do some trimming, to be continued on that front.

Lastly, and least importantly, what happened to Timberlake? Is the most ridiculous tournament name on Tour now just the most long winded?
Pause Switch to Standard View Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
Show More
Report BCDoug October 14, 2013 7:39 PM BST
JT was fired last year for "neglecting his duties".

http://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/2012/10/02/shriners-end-charity-...
Report pokeron October 15, 2013 12:17 AM BST
i cry myself a river when i think how timberlake is better at golf than i am....
Report therhino October 15, 2013 7:02 AM BST
and he married Jessica Biel Love
Report Deplasterer October 15, 2013 9:43 AM BST
I don't know why, but I'm strangely being drawn to Spencer Levin at the pricesSurprised, additional ammo to the main man this week Nick Watney.
Report therhino October 15, 2013 10:15 AM BST
Bout time we talked the golf Deplast. I have 2 ways of thinking this week, one is to back the Vegas boys with Na and Moore winning the last 2 years, and Piercy and Watney being amongst the leaders as well, 5 top 10s between those 2 the last 3 years. Piercy and Na both play well in Phoenix as well so these Nevada lads like their desert courses. Done a little trade of Na, backed Piercy at 40s, and Watney at 19s, not wrapped with Nick's price but have to have him on side. Still debating Hoffman but will probably need triple figures, not the greatest record here, and will give Ryan Moore a miss, can't back em all.

The other angle I'm playing is the 1st time winner, 7 of the last 9 Vegas winners saluted for the first time here. Matsuyama is cherry ripe, as is DeLaet, as is De Jonge, as is Matt Jones, and even Koepka perhaps. Again, can't back em all, have to have Hideki again and Jones I think is a terrific price (taken 85s) in this field with his form so taken him.

Been a few weeks since I've had a proper go, these itchy trigger fingers will no doubt ensure there are additions Excited
Report Deplasterer October 15, 2013 12:01 PM BST
As you said Rhino, Na has great record here and had a brilliant final round last week to set him up, I'm about to pull the trigger on him but hope for a slight drift the next 24 hrs before doing so.
Report maggot October 15, 2013 12:20 PM BST
My team of 3.

Spencer Levin 66/1 E/W. Has some great form in this, and played nicely last week.

Ben Martin  80/1 E/W. Seems to feature just about every time he tees it up. His stats are outstanding. Can't leave him out.

Russell Knox 80/1 E/W. Did ok last week, and did ok here last year. Capable of going very low, which will be needed.
Report hacker October 15, 2013 2:19 PM BST
Hi all.... going to back the two Ds Delaet and De jonge,these two are pound for pound a couple of the best ball strikers in world golf...and as Jimmy showed last week... class will get it done it just a question of when not if.Also having a small interest in Harman and a cover bet on Na...I like to follow form players in what was the fall series...GL to all...
Report verbotene liebe October 15, 2013 6:01 PM BST
I'm taking four pre- tourney

Harris English 65 -decent price for overall ability and potential.
George McNeil 65 - Good course record and hit form last week.
David Hearn 80 - played well here before, not a kid but a possibly first time winner soonish.
Brendon Todd 200 - winner on Wen.Com and top 30's in 7 of last 9 PGA Tour events played
Report mengmeng October 15, 2013 6:03 PM BST
watney eachway for me
Report therhino October 16, 2013 7:10 AM BST
Laird at 75s is too high surely
Report bannahan October 16, 2013 10:39 AM BST
So far at the prices

BYRD 320....to find some form.... Capable.

J J HENRY 320.... Nearly got going last week. Hoping this shortish track will suit his game.

More to come but waiting on a few to be matched.
Report HeinzGuderian October 16, 2013 3:39 PM BST
The Two stand outs for me this week dear friends are Zac £23 @ 13.5 and Hideki £15 @ 26.
Of the outsiders I have £3 on Camilo @ 140 and a Tenner on Ishi @ 110.
I enjoy the extended time difference to our Glorious United Kingdom, and look forward to yet another successful foray.
Keep off the horses and away from Rolf,
Forget about football, just stick to the golf. Grin
Report the muppet moans October 16, 2013 8:56 PM BST
Five players may seem quite a lot to back for this weeks Shriners Hospital Open but to be honest it could have been a lot more! I crossed out locals Piercy and Na on the grounds of price and others on the list I have had small savers on are Levin, Romero and McNeill whilst the ones I have totally left behind are Noh, Gonzales and Lee. In recent times the event has been a happy hunting ground for locals who know how to handle the course and the atlitude but my five have been backed for a variety of reasons.
Scott Brown is my main bet and I arrived at him via Mcneill who has been 1st and 2nd here - he has also been 1st and 5th at another resort course - the Trump International in Puerto Rico. Brown also has exactly those first two results in Puerto Rico - 5th then 1st. That win earlier this year came on the back of a couple of top seven finishes on the Web.com tour and he really does have a habit of stringing a few good finishes together - hence my interest after his 3rd last week. That was a surprisingly good finish last week considering he was +3 through two holes. He has played the course once before when opening with a 69/67 he went on to finish 46th but that did come on the back of five missed cuts. He really is a positive pick for me 0.5 ew 90/1
I am not entirely sure why everyone has fallen out of love with Ben Martin so quickly - last week he was all the rage and backed down to 40/1 and to be honest he did OK to finish 16th - he was right up there until the back nine on Sunday. He did play here in 2011 missing the cut on the mark but backed up a poor 73 with a second round 66. Interestingly the best result of that rookie season was when 6th in the Reno Open at altitude in the desert and winners of this have often shown good form in that event 0.25 ew 80/1
Jason Bohn has a fine scoring average here of 67.88 making the cut in all four attempts with a best finish of 8th last year - his performances would be so much better if had been competitive in the final round. It wasn't that long ago that he was second in Canada and his last win was only 2010 so with a 150/1 price tag he was worth a small investment 0.2 ew.
I have said it before and maintain the thought that Brendan Steele is a horses for courses man if ever there was one and he has a great desert record. He was 4th in Reno this year and 8th last year, and 5th and 6th in Scottsdale the last two years Finishes of 16th and 13th here give me confidence he can continue that trend and he is definitely a better player the closer he is to his Californian home 0.25 ew 100/1
Last man in my team is Mark Wilson who starts seasons well so it will be interesting to see how he fares with the season start moving. He has superb scoring average of 68.13 despite the lack of a top finish at Summerlin. In 2011 he won his first event of the season in Hawaii and backed that up a few weeks later by winning in the desert @ Scottsdale. His last win came last year early on in the Bob Hope in an event which is played on resort courses in a "desert-like" environment. He lost a lot of momentum earlier this year with a bad ankle ligament injury in May but I think he could be a force to reckon with this week 0.4 ew 125/1
Report therhino October 16, 2013 9:33 PM BST
In the end gone for Watney, Delaet, Matsuyama, De Jonge, Piercy, Na, Laird and Jones. Good luck folks.
Report sixtwosix October 16, 2013 10:01 PM BST
My bets are

Levin , Stadler , Piercy , Hearn , Merrick , Steele
Report verbotene liebe October 16, 2013 10:26 PM BST
I'm adding Koepka 44 and Chad Campbell 170 to my team.
Report wowiezowiee October 17, 2013 12:45 PM BST
Some move on Max Homa 150s now...350s last night !
Report bannahan October 17, 2013 1:47 PM BST
JJ Henry 320's into 140's tooCool
Report wowiezowiee October 17, 2013 1:54 PM BST
tasty Confused
Report mengmeng October 17, 2013 3:25 PM BST
matsuyama vanished from leaderboard ?
Report Total Bosman October 17, 2013 3:41 PM BST
Took ill overnight and WD.
Report mengmeng October 17, 2013 4:06 PM BST
cheers, didnt see him has WD at the bottom so wondered if i was going mad.
Report bannahan October 17, 2013 6:18 PM BST
All green......splendid stuffCool
Report mengmeng October 17, 2013 6:19 PM BST
good call with the byrdman
Report mengmeng October 17, 2013 6:20 PM BST
and jj lol
Report bannahan October 17, 2013 6:22 PM BST
Chers meng, Byrd been in the doldrums for a while but is very capable, jj played well last week but isn't the longest off the tee, thought this week might suit him.

Long way to go obviously but a nice start banked all the same....who you got running for you?
Report mengmeng October 17, 2013 6:24 PM BST
just watney here and dj in the other
Report bannahan October 17, 2013 6:25 PM BST
Good luck....hope they go wellWink
Report mengmeng October 17, 2013 6:46 PM BST
i think ill need more than luck with watney. very confident with Dustin tho
Report mengmeng October 17, 2013 8:14 PM BST
where do i sign up bannahan, inspired tipping this week whatever happens from now lol
Report driverwedge October 17, 2013 9:24 PM BST
First bet in a while, Chris Kirk ew
Report therhino October 18, 2013 7:34 AM BST
A fail of epic proportions on day 1 from my boys, still a little stunned, I was super confident this week Laugh At least I got a bit of respite with the Hideki refund, thanks for not teeing off before WDing my good man.

Bannahan... bravo. Hope you still have Henry and Byrd as big greens, that is some start!
Report therhino October 18, 2013 7:35 AM BST
Ross Fisher in a good position to save the weekend for me though so it ain't all bad.
Report bannahan October 18, 2013 12:21 PM BST
Thanks Rhino but as always I see it no more than a bit of good fortune.

I don't study up as much as you lads so its luck more than skill, albeit lovely when it comes off.

I am all free and have added Palmer and Howell III.

As always would be surprised not to see an average round tonight from both Byrd and JJ but you never know, both still winning me 4 figure sums to room for manoeuvre yet.

Good luck with yours Wink
Report bannahan October 18, 2013 12:21 PM BST
all green *
Report Quincy October 18, 2013 12:59 PM BST
I'm with Rhino, only bright spot was that I took my stake out of Zach at 10 for a free bet. The police are out looking for most of mine.  4 out of 10 already at a 1000.  CryCry  Good luck with yours.
Report wowiezowiee October 18, 2013 3:10 PM BST
overton still 14s on Skybet if ye want him :)
Report wowiezowiee October 18, 2013 3:12 PM BST
gone now ...they mixed up their start time ..TX SKYBET
Report Deplasterer October 18, 2013 3:30 PM BST
Great shouts bannahan, delighted for you. Now for Levin to hunt you downTongue Out
Report toberaheena October 18, 2013 5:54 PM BST
I have laid Webb Simpson @ 8.8 and hoping to get a chance to back him back at a little bigger. My initial plan was backing him for €58 to win a grand but I was fr ont of q and could not get matched last night. Was texting Quincy and watched as the price disintegrated on Webb with his run of birdies. Got so p...ed off I laid him. Do not ask me why. I think I thought he was gone too short in view of JJ Henry's lead at -11. JJ is in fairly good form and could put in another good round today. Just noticed on Shot tracker that Webb went in water on the par 5 and bogeyed.
Report Deplasterer October 18, 2013 6:08 PM BST
That was an hour ago tobe, 2 birdies since, joint leader, early days though.
Report HeinzGuderian October 18, 2013 6:53 PM BST
Why didn't you take Webb at half a point less, Tob ?
Report HeinzGuderian October 18, 2013 7:02 PM BST
Molder....self destruct !
Report Canaletto . October 18, 2013 9:36 PM BST
Lol, journeyman JJ Henry showing us exactly why he is a golfing nobody this round.
Report toberaheena October 18, 2013 11:26 PM BST
@Heinz.......just saw your post. I would have but there was a 2.5 difference between back and lay for quite a while. Just bad luck nobody matched me. Put it down to experience I am afraid. Keep an eye on Sizing Italy if he runs in 5.00pm race in Cheltenham tomorrow. Nice type of novice. Lovely looker.
Report jackdebden October 18, 2013 11:49 PM BST
think simpson will win but too short 1st bet in a while coming in on chesson hadley awesome on the web.com tour and henley won quickly after getting his tour card think chesson can to
Report the muppet moans October 19, 2013 12:00 AM BST
Canaletto - wish I was a journeyman like JJ and won millions of $ - won twice and played on the Ryder Cup - jeez he must be an awful player and should have given up years ago
Report therhino October 19, 2013 12:09 AM BST
59 WATCH ALERT - Jason Bohn, needs to go another -4 through the last 6, 2 par 5s and a short 4 included. Well done Muppet for putting him up pre-tourney.
Report therhino October 19, 2013 12:57 AM BST
I am the kiss of death this week Devil

Sorry muppet
Report Hank Hill October 19, 2013 1:53 AM BST
lol Romero 61 and 81, sums him up quite nicely really.
Report Quincy October 19, 2013 3:26 PM BST
It's not getting any better for me, I'm afraid.CryCry  Prayer mat already out for a miracle.Cool
Report HeinzGuderian October 19, 2013 6:58 PM BST

Oct 18, 2013 -- 11:26PM, toberaheena wrote:

@Heinz.......just saw your post. I would have but there was a 2.5 difference between back and lay for quite a while. Just bad luck nobody matched me. Put it down to experience I am afraid. Keep an eye on Sizing Italy if he runs in 5.00pm race in Cheltenham tomorrow. Nice type of novice. Lovely looker.

Have you ever considered the possibility that gambling may not be your forte ?

Report Can't Catch Me October 19, 2013 10:12 PM BST
Coverage good tonight :(
Report bannahan October 20, 2013 8:09 AM BST
Says a Zac Johnson backer along with a player who was baffing his guts up the night before a tourny.

You sound shrewd LaughLaugh
Report HeinzGuderian October 20, 2013 1:35 PM BST

Oct 20, 2013 -- 8:09AM, bannahan wrote:

Says a Zac Johnson backer along with a player who was baffing his guts up the night before a tourny.You sound shrewd

All green Banana ?
I'd get that looked at ! LaughLaugh

Report bannahan October 20, 2013 1:50 PM BST
All green Heinz being something you probably wouldn't be aware of Laugh
Report HeinzGuderian October 20, 2013 1:59 PM BST
JJ is bound to go low tonight mate.
Do not give up hope ! Laugh
Report bannahan October 20, 2013 2:10 PM BST
I'm just wondering how you'll recover from your £3 loss on Villegas PMSL Laugh
Report HeinzGuderian October 20, 2013 2:13 PM BST
Come on JJ.......you seem to have stalled ?
Oooooh deary, deary me LaughLaughLaugh
Report bannahan October 20, 2013 2:14 PM BST
Made the 1st tee though LaughLaugh
Report HeinzGuderian October 20, 2013 2:16 PM BST
3 figure sum JJ....ooooh pleeeze pleeze, I've never won a £100 quid before......ahaha LaughLaugh
Report bannahan October 20, 2013 2:39 PM BST
Your like Al Pacino in Scarface Heinz..

Shout out " I'm Reloaded " as loud as you can LaughLaugh
Report HeinzGuderian October 20, 2013 3:08 PM BST
'You're'.....really mate, if you wish to converse with the big boys, at least have the decency to attain the basic communication skills. LaughLaughLaugh
Report aberdonia October 20, 2013 3:11 PM BST
ive chucked a 100 quid at Davis Love to take down Heinz's top pick of the week, his fellow god bothererer Zachary.

Dont know why ive done it.

Well i do, cause Heinz tipped the Revered Johnson. Laugh
Report bannahan October 20, 2013 3:32 PM BST
£3 guesser and classes himself as a "big boy" Laugh

YOU'RE embarrassing yourself Heinz Laugh great stuff Excited
Report HeinzGuderian October 20, 2013 6:31 PM BST
Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber ! LaughLaugh
Report toberaheena October 20, 2013 7:31 PM BST
I have had a match bet on Nick Watney. One behind at present but it is early. If I did not have a Simpson liability I would be in at 1.28. Reckon he will show true class and knows how to win from the front. A very good price imo.
Report HeinzGuderian October 20, 2013 7:35 PM BST
I'm not so sure Tob.
I reckon JJ will put in a dramatic charge........Crazy
Report toberaheena October 20, 2013 7:36 PM BST
@Heinz... are you smoking that stuff again ?
Report HeinzGuderian October 20, 2013 7:37 PM BST
Yo mate, you were the one who layed Webb ! Happy
Report wowiezowiee October 20, 2013 8:44 PM BST
any radio link? My old one lost
Report Jack_Kray October 20, 2013 9:03 PM BST
http://pgatour.cbssports.com/liveaudio/
Report HeinzGuderian October 20, 2013 9:07 PM BST

Oct 20, 2013 -- 9:03PM, Jack_Kray wrote:

http://pgatour.cbssports.com/liveaudio/

Many thanks.

Report wowiezowiee October 20, 2013 9:19 PM BST
TX Guys
Report toberaheena October 21, 2013 12:25 AM BST

Oct 19, 2013 -- 6:58PM, HeinzGuderian wrote:

Oct 18, 2013 -- 11:26PM, toberaheena wrote:@Heinz.......just saw your post. I would have but there was a 2.5 difference between back and lay for quite a while. Just bad luck nobody matched me. Put it down to experience I am afraid. Keep an eye on Sizing Italy if he runs in 5.00pm race in Cheltenham tomorrow. Nice type of novice. Lovely looker.Have you ever considered the possibility that gambling may not be your forte ?

Will gladly have an even bet with you that my P & L over 12 months will be a step ahead of you ...  you can nominate a neutral referee.

Report HeinzGuderian October 21, 2013 12:31 AM BST
Any time sonny.....any time ! Cool
Report toberaheena October 21, 2013 12:58 AM BST
A bit of a Lazarus in the end. Match bet gives me a nett loss of €28.86.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com