Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Knight Rider
13 Sep 13 23:11
| Topic/replies: 7,474 | Blogger: Knight Rider's blog
Scorecard is now showing an 8 on the first instead of 6, and 72 overall instead of 70. Confused
Pause Switch to Standard View Tiger 2 shot penalty?
Show More
Report Hank Hill September 13, 2013 11:12 PM BST
Take it you are a layer KR SillyLaugh
Report callitasucit September 13, 2013 11:12 PM BST
Just noticed that. Confirmed??
Report Knight Rider September 13, 2013 11:13 PM BST
No, a concerned backer!!
Report Mighty Whites 2008 September 13, 2013 11:23 PM BST
showing  he had a penalty for shot 3 and nothing for shot 4.

They didnt call any penalty on the radio although he may have broke a rule
Report clansman September 13, 2013 11:26 PM BST
This must be a mistake.  It doesn't happen that quickly when tigers involved and, its went under the radar....  Strange.
Report trebor September 13, 2013 11:34 PM BST
His ball moved while in the trees on the first they are saying
Report clansman September 13, 2013 11:40 PM BST
Where are they say that.. I've just watched PGA video of 1st hole.  He shot a 6.....
Report trebor September 13, 2013 11:44 PM BST
I think they are going to show it on the golf channel when they finish with Furyk, Slugger told Tiger after the round that a viewer had called in saying the ball moved on  one shot, Tiger said it did not, Slugger said it was very clear that it did, Tiger went off in a huff apparently.
Report xmoneyx September 13, 2013 11:49 PM BST
tiger,Sergio paired tomorrow
Report daveygfc September 14, 2013 12:12 AM BST
Woods third penalty this year after Abu Dhabi and Augusta. Frustrating.
Report daveygfc September 14, 2013 12:49 AM BST
Video of the incident

http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/tourreport/2013/09/13/woods-penalized-two-strokes.html
Report Happy Valley September 14, 2013 8:40 AM BST
thanks for the video davygfc - yes the ball sinks down a little bit. it's very difficult to see at first but hard to believe tiger didn't know, the one thing it didn't do is oscillate, imo.
Report DONEMYLOT September 14, 2013 9:57 AM BST
That is very dodgy. He knew it moved. There is a pause after it moves and he just carries on, but he knew
Report DONEMYLOT September 14, 2013 10:00 AM BST
he pauses after the first effort to move the twig, just in case. Then he goes on to remove it and basically fks up
Report therhino September 14, 2013 10:07 AM BST
Damn straight he knew, that's why he bails out on moving the thick twig his ball was resting against.
Report DONEMYLOT September 14, 2013 10:10 AM BST
hope he hurt his hand when he punched the wall. from the greatest sportsman of my generation to a complete twatt...what a shame
Report HeinzGuderian September 14, 2013 10:55 AM BST
Hardly a hanging offence. He was docked a Two shot penalty and moved on.....as we should !
Report DONEMYLOT September 14, 2013 11:50 AM BST
so he would have admitted it had the camera not been there? not the first time he thought he'd get away with one.

not a hanging offence, of course not, but is cheating
Report daveygfc September 14, 2013 11:56 AM BST
Why does he even think he can get away with this nowadays considering the amount of cameras on him?

I'm gutted because I backed him but he's an idiot.
Report NORTH BERWICK September 14, 2013 4:56 PM BST
Jack or Tiger ?  No contest.
Report a bitofinterest September 14, 2013 6:33 PM BST
THEY NEVER PROSPER Blush
Report Happy Valley September 14, 2013 6:48 PM BST
HeinzG - imo it is a pretty serious offence because i agree with the other posts that he knew the ball had moved thus, it is possible to argue he cheated because he didn't call a penalty on himself. cheating at golf by a pro is bad, by Tiger it is very bad.
Report Puggy4 September 14, 2013 7:34 PM BST
serial cheater...just ask his ex-wife
Report a bitofinterest September 14, 2013 7:38 PM BST
he's known on tour as the cornflake
Report Puggy4 September 14, 2013 7:40 PM BST
i would have thought cocopop
Report a bitofinterest September 14, 2013 7:48 PM BST
only by sergio
Report mexicano September 14, 2013 8:04 PM BST
the only way he would have not known that it moved is if he wasn't looking.

very poor.
Report HeinzGuderian September 14, 2013 8:36 PM BST
The ball moved. He may, or may not have seen it........only he knows.
He was docked Two shots for it, and a total of Four for the hole.
Get over it. (Livingstone is still creaming his panties)
Move on.
He, and I have. Excited
Report Mr.Angry September 14, 2013 8:41 PM BST
He moved a twig.
The ball moved.
He didn't declare it.
The referee did.
Tiger pleaded ignorance.
Damage done.
Report HeinzGuderian September 14, 2013 8:42 PM BST

Sep 14, 2013 -- 8:41PM, Mr.Angry wrote:

He moved a twig.The ball moved.He didn't declare it.The referee did.Tiger pleaded ignorance.Damage done.

The twig remained uninjured......

Report mexicano September 14, 2013 9:01 PM BST
he may or may not have seen it???????????????

have you ever played golf?
Report Mr.Angry September 14, 2013 9:06 PM BST
e may or may not have seen it???????????????

He may, or may not, have had his eyes/dignity closed at the time.
Report Mr.Angry September 14, 2013 10:22 PM BST
Tiger.

Blush Blush Blush
Report HeinzGuderian September 15, 2013 12:17 AM BST
The Twig, and The Woods lived to fight another day ! Happy
Report Happy Valley September 15, 2013 1:58 AM BST
HeinzG - Tiger has not moved on due to this incident, quite the opposite, I'd say he has regressed, as his reputation has been done further harm and this time, unlike the dropping incident at the Masters, he is wholly and solely culpable and stands exposed.
Report Knight Rider September 15, 2013 3:54 PM BST
I usually defend Tiger because he gets an unfair level of abuse, but I agree with Mexicano.  If you have ever played golf (which I assume most on here have) then it is quite common to move twigs etc from around the ball.  You are watching it LIKE A HAWK.  You will almost certainly know whether the ball has moved.  The key point is you do not HAVE to move the twig, you choose to do so knowing the risk that if the ball moves it costs you a stroke (two strokes obviously in Tiger's case because he didn't replace it).

This is probably something that players do on a regular basis and nobody sees, but when you're Tiger Woods there are always cameras about and I'm surprised he thought he could get away with it.
Report Puggy4 September 15, 2013 4:51 PM BST
maybe he genuinely thought it did not move sufficiently to incur a penalty, we all saw it fron a ground level camera and saw the ball move down slightly whereas he viewed it from a more vertical position. I would be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt but a little unfortunate for his backers (including me)as he would be -11 and the hot fav going into tonight....if he wins however, it will be all forgotten tomorrow.
Report toberaheena September 15, 2013 9:23 PM BST
Did anybody pay attention to a ball driven by Tiger intothe left gallery and suddenly come out perfectly at a 45 degree angle onto the fairway. The Lord works in mysterious ways.
Report toberaheena September 15, 2013 9:24 PM BST
Not certain what hole it was.
Report The Mod father September 15, 2013 9:48 PM BST
I am a huge Tiger fan but its fairly clear to me he knew it moved but thought he would try to get away with it
Report mexicano September 15, 2013 11:11 PM BST
puggy.

would say to you is that if you are moving debris from around the ball you are watching it like a hawk.

you don't need anyone to tell you whether it's moved or not.

YOU KNOW.
Report DONEMYLOT September 16, 2013 8:32 AM BST
he pauses after it moves as if to listen for any tutting, and quickly goes to the caddy, picks the club and gets the ball the hell out of there
Report Chosen® September 16, 2013 10:18 AM BST
It's incidents like this that dispel the notion that one should draw a line between sporting talent and the type of person possessing that talent. This is a guy with 20/40 vision crouching within a foot of the ball, the movement of which was obvious. He attempted to cheat and was called on it for once by someone with a large enough pair to do so. Any suggestion on the player's part that he didn't see the ball move further underlines a character flaw that, fortunately, most of his fellow professionals don't share.

There's enough material in Woods' history to support a thesis by any student of reptilia.
Report Happy Valley September 17, 2013 6:06 AM BST
according to a slightly apologetic article by ewan murray (not the one off the TV) in the guardian, that's the fourth incident involving Tiger this season.
Report DONEMYLOT September 17, 2013 9:12 AM BST
not the one off the TV

There's two of them!?
Report Happy Valley September 17, 2013 6:54 PM BST
yes one is a sports journo for the guardian, writing mainly about golf - unless i am mistaken
Report donny osmond September 17, 2013 7:09 PM BST
golf and scotish football i think

theres euan murray too, who is a scotish rugby player
Report Happy Valley September 18, 2013 12:24 AM BST
this reminds me of the best (imo) football chant ever - "there are only two Andy Gorams" after he returned to play for the first time after a bout of schizophrenia.

How did we get from Tiger Woods to Andy Goram (good keeper that he was).

And fair play to him, the first time I heard this story was from Goram himself, telling it during a visit to Sha Tin racecourse in Hong Kong.
Report sickoflayinwinners September 18, 2013 1:13 PM BST
this is worsde than tigers last rules incident, he must have known the ball moved therefore hes a  CHEAT!!! most other golfers would have called it on themselves, hes just lowered  himslfi most peoples opinion
Report Happy Valley September 18, 2013 8:31 PM BST
yes and yes to the most recent posts
Report a bitofinterest September 19, 2013 10:52 PM BST
I TOLD YOU THEY NEVER PROSPER
Report pantsonfire September 20, 2013 4:54 AM BST
Now wants a review of TV evidence and whether it should be used. No doubt in my mind that he knew his ball had moved and he thought he would get away with it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt over the Masters incident but remain convinced that every other player in the field would have been DQ'd.
Report therhino September 20, 2013 8:27 AM BST
The USGA and the R&A both backed the Masters committee decision.
Report pantsonfire September 20, 2013 8:37 AM BST
They could do little else once the decision had been made public. Or did the Masters committee discuss the issue with the USGA and the R&A? Still feel a DQ though perhaps harsh was the correct action to take.
Report therhino September 20, 2013 8:55 AM BST
USGA and the R&A has nothing to do with the Masters committee. They weren't compelled to back them in any way. They cited a rule change a couple of years back brought in to protect players in this situation where a penalty is applied after a card has been signed. The rule is not common knowledge, I had never heard of it at the time so there was a widespread misconception he should definitely have been DQ'd.
Report DONEMYLOT September 20, 2013 12:22 PM BST
to be fair if he had picked it up and dropped it two feet away he could have cited the Masters let off
Report primed139 September 20, 2013 9:12 PM BST
Should change his name from Tiger to Cheetah, hope he never wins another major he is a disgrace to the game!!
Report HeinzGuderian September 20, 2013 10:54 PM BST

Sep 20, 2013 -- 9:12PM, primed139 wrote:

Should change his name from Tiger to Cheetah, hope he never wins another major he is a disgrace to the game!!

Sounds like an empty wallet in The Tour Championship talking ! Shocked

Report Happy Valley September 21, 2013 12:34 PM BST
doesn't sound like that to me, sounds like a quick-witted guy talking

Tiger to Cheetah, that's one of the best quips i've heard in a long time. bravo primed.
Report primed139 September 21, 2013 2:13 PM BST
Thanks Happy Valley, haven't had a bet in USA this week concentrated on the euro instead. I just think it would be the biggest tragedy ever if he went on to equal or better Nicklaus's record. Woods is a self obsessed cheat he continues to spit in full view of the cameras and has no time for the crowds that flock to see him, the other is a total gentleman and fantastic ambassador for the game off golf no comparison.
Report HeinzGuderian September 21, 2013 7:43 PM BST

Sep 21, 2013 -- 12:34PM, Happy Valley wrote:

doesn't sound like that to me, sounds like a quick-witted guy talkingTiger to Cheetah, that's one of the best quips i've heard in a long time. bravo primed.

I'm sure Tigger is devastated about the opinion of this slow witted guy on the BF Golf Forum.....and his w
side kick.
Surprised

Report primed139 September 22, 2013 2:00 AM BST
heinz57 what you know about golf could be written on the back of a stamp so keep your silly little comments to yourself #windowlicker
Report Happy Valley September 22, 2013 2:58 AM BST
HeinzG - when i took my brother's civil service exams for him, aged 14 1/2 and then 16 1/2, and he progressed through the High Flyers channel, my wits were anything but slow Happy.

i'd like to enlighten you, this thread is not about what Cheetah thinks but what others think of him and his antics.
Report HeinzGuderian September 22, 2013 8:59 AM BST

Sep 22, 2013 -- 2:58AM, Happy Valley wrote:

HeinzG - when i took my brother's civil service exams for him, aged 14 1/2 and then 16 1/2, and he progressed through the High Flyers channel, my wits were anything but slow .i'd like to enlighten you, this thread is not about what Cheetah thinks but what others think of him and his antics.

Slow wit/half wit......I, and far more to the point, Mr. Tiger, care little. Laugh

Report HeinzGuderian September 22, 2013 9:00 AM BST

Sep 22, 2013 -- 2:00AM, primed139 wrote:

heinz57 what you know about golf could be written on the back of a stamp so keep your silly little comments to yourself #windowlicker

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh This is her idea of intelligent, adult debate. Laugh

Report donny osmond September 22, 2013 11:08 AM BST
i think tiger does care, else he wouldnt have done it
Report HeinzGuderian September 22, 2013 11:41 AM BST

Sep 22, 2013 -- 11:08AM, donny osmond wrote:

i think tiger does care, else he wouldnt have done it

If he'd cared, he would have called in an official.
I tend to give the lad the benefit of the doubt.
Others choose not to.
Neither I, or Mr Tiger will be losing any sleep over the matter !

Report maggot September 22, 2013 11:46 AM BST
You tend not to call in an official when you decide to cheat.

I'm sure that he hasn't lost sleep over it. Cheats don't care.
Report DONEMYLOT September 22, 2013 1:43 PM BST
no matter he was probably tired as he claimed last night
Report a bitofinterest September 22, 2013 2:31 PM BST
and emotional...
Report HeinzGuderian September 25, 2013 1:23 PM BST

Sep 22, 2013 -- 11:46AM, maggot wrote:

You tend not to call in an official when you decide to cheat.I'm sure that he hasn't lost sleep over it. Cheats don't care.

Are you speaking from experience, old chum ?
Mr Phil Mickelson gave Tigger the benefit of the doubt.
That others cannot extend that opinion, speaks more about them.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com