Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
maggot
27 Aug 13 12:46
| Topic/replies: 6,832 | Blogger: maggot's blog
Well done Master Fleetwood for bringing home the bacon last week.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him put in another good performance this week, but for a 1st time winner to take two on the trot is maybe asking a bit much.

I'm not deserting my Spanish buddies..  Jorge Campillo @ 150/1 E/W, and Edoardo De La Riva @ 125/1 E/W.

Alexander Levy. A young man with a big future in the game. I can see this fella having a say. 200/1 E/W

Scott Jamieson. I don't know why. Had a mare here last year, but I have a gut feeling. Probably last night's curry. 200/1 E/W

Tempted by Dubuisson, but price a bit skinny for me.

Where are Alex Noren, Jamie Donaldson, and Marcel Siem ?  Are they injured ?

Good luck.
Show More
Report Mighty Whites 2008 August 27, 2013 8:26 PM BST
Siem is playing in the web.com finals in attempt to get his PGA card.
Report mengmeng August 27, 2013 8:29 PM BST
i actually think Siem will be better suited on the pga tour courses
Report bannahan August 28, 2013 6:05 AM BST
DUBUISSON ExcitedLoveSadAngry
Report the muppet moans August 28, 2013 9:42 AM BST
If past renditions of the Wales Open are anything to go by then expect the unexpected as we have had some very big priced winners and course and current form do not always point the way to winners. I have gone for three big priced outsiders who will hopefully give us a run for our money.
Paul Waring was very nearly a pick last week at Gleneagles because he had a good scoring average there - luckily I didn't put him up as he came agonisingly close to a decent payout when he finished 6th. He holds the second lowest scoring average at Celtic Manor of those on show this week (behind Gonzo) at 69.88 who have played the venue at least twice. Those starts came in 2008/9 but I think he is a better player now and is certainly in good form this year. Apart from last weeks 6th he has also been 4th in the Spanish Open, 5th in Austria and 10th in the BMW International. As a man in form on a course he can play I give him a good chance this week - 0.5 ew 66/1 Betfair Fixed Odds.
Joel Sjoholm seems to like the venue having finished 8th in each of the past two years. That in itself wouldn't necessarily be enough to get me involved but when you look at his Challenge tour form he was 2nd and 3rd at the nearby Vale Hotel course - he sure loves the Welsh Valleys! He hasn't been in the best of form this year but after a horrible opening round in Russia he turned things around and each of his last seven rounds have been under par. If the putter warms up he could find himself in contention again 0.4 ew 125/1
Last man up for me is Tom Lewis who seems to have disappeared from the face of the planet as quickly as he appeared. After winning on his third pro start he has really struggled and lost all confidence. Earlier this year he sought the advice of Luke Donald who helped him out and Lukes' brother became his caddie. Last month he went to Butch Harmon for some advice and Butch has taken him "under his wing" and the results are already beginning to show with a steady if unspectacular improvement in results. He was already in a slump when he played here last year but managed 35th - he was 3rd for ball striking that week but practically last for putting. It is just a hunch but I think he will return to winning ways fairly soon 0.25 ew 125/1
Report Ski-Wiz August 28, 2013 10:43 AM BST
Tom Lewis had a swing change after he won at his 3rd start..............like many others who changed their swing.....bye bye
Report three_for_it August 28, 2013 11:55 PM BST
Dyson - Win only @ 40 and Top 5 @ 11

Quiros - E/W @ 66s

Pepperell - Win only @ 130 and Top 5 @ 23

Lewis - E/W @ 125s

Soren Hansen - Win only @ 380 and Top 5 @ 44
Report Vikings Fan August 29, 2013 12:41 AM BST
Fisher seems the obvious pick with course and current form, but price looks skinny. Pepperell, Henry, Lewis, Sjoholm, Campillo, Zanotti are where my darts have landed - hopefully one of them can get in the mix.
Report pantsonfire August 29, 2013 12:06 PM BST
Kofstad round in 61 according to Europeantour. Scorers really going for it this week.
Report par August 30, 2013 12:29 PM BST
broberg - just the two doubles and one treble today
Report DRAGON DANCER August 30, 2013 3:05 PM BST
this on tv this afternoon?
Report Kelly August 30, 2013 3:33 PM BST
Yes 3.30 .  Sky .

Whats with all the retirements , disqualifications etc .  Up to 6 now . Thats a big percentage .
Report Flashbadger. August 30, 2013 3:43 PM BST
Did someone not start?  My P andL numbers just moved £200 worse oin everyone.....

any ideas?
Report InAndOut August 30, 2013 4:26 PM BST
Gallagher bad back is out
Report Lufc86 August 30, 2013 4:33 PM BST
Thought he pulled out due to his uncle's heart attack

Get well soon Bernard
Report Rick August 30, 2013 6:02 PM BST
So are they going to settle Gallagher as a loser tonight then?
Report HeinzGuderian August 30, 2013 6:55 PM BST
had a wee nibble at Kofsted there now @ 23.
Played well this afternoon, and 1 off the lead.
Took Quense at 117.5 and Damien McGraine @ 48s for a wee interest tomorrow.

Best Wishes to Bernard Gallagher.
Report Flashbadger. August 30, 2013 9:53 PM BST
Thanks for the info guys - yeah they must have taken Gall out and made his bets void while in polay and have now settled him as aloser so my P and L is back to where it should be..... Hopefully all Ok with him..
Report huddys August 31, 2013 7:45 AM BST
Anybody know what the weather like for today?
Report bannahan August 31, 2013 9:55 AM BST
I would normally be jumping aboard the BOURDY train here but he has left me with my head in my hands on numerous occasions, so instead i will be playing CHRIS WOOD.....lets hope yesterdays round was a mere blip.

RCB looks very nicely posotioned but i cant be playing at his current price, i'd take that tomorrow but not today.

Good luck all
Report hasachance August 31, 2013 8:01 PM BST
Great interest here and it on home soil
Report siralex August 31, 2013 8:22 PM BST
Omfg. I am playing at Celtic manor for my brothers 40th next June. Friday monty and Saturday 2010 course. Looks a tad tough to say the least!
Report pantsonfire September 1, 2013 5:33 AM BST
I am going to take this leader on. Other than holding on in Madeira he has gone backwards when in contention this year. Happy to take the field against him at a shade less than evens.
Report stonecold- September 1, 2013 10:19 AM BST
im  on luiten pre tourney but think uhlien will win myself. also hoping for de la riva to sneak a place as backed pre tourney ew
Report Ouspenski September 1, 2013 10:55 AM BST
My only bet pre tournament was Paul Waring. Fancy Uihlein stronlgly here. Brilliant player ideally suired to the course.
Report NorwichRob September 1, 2013 11:00 AM BST
Cabrera-Bello is a class act so going for him to run the leader close..gl
Report NorwichRob September 1, 2013 1:03 PM BST
CB double at the 1st Cry
Report SafeJim September 1, 2013 1:03 PM BST
roffle cakes
Report Ski-Wiz September 1, 2013 4:09 PM BST
No one chatting on here......oh well
Report aberdonia September 1, 2013 4:54 PM BST
Bourdy showing some minerals here.
Report Ski-Wiz September 1, 2013 5:02 PM BST
Pretty lively last few holes......loving the flip flopping between Uhl and Bour.......
Report aberdonia September 1, 2013 5:11 PM BST
Bourdy is the man today.
Report Ski-Wiz September 1, 2013 5:13 PM BST
Uhl needs a birdie too.....possible playoff?
Report laynplay September 1, 2013 5:16 PM BST
Bourdy a bit of a ringer for Froch I reckon.
Report Ski-Wiz September 1, 2013 5:16 PM BST
Got to admit that Bour last 3 putts for those birdies were top class...........
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com