Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Kelly
05 Sep 12 12:20
| Topic/replies: 8,641 | Blogger: Kelly's blog
Never bothered to find out the workings of this before , but with a good looking "leaderboard" facing into the final 2 elements of the jigsaw , it could be interesting  , not least because most of the worlds best are going to be in the top 30 by the looks of things .

Assuming the current position , the line up for the 30 , applying "reset" points would look as follows

Rory   2500
Nick   2250
Tiger  2000
Brendt 1800
Louis  1600
Plus at 200 intervals for a few more .

Given that 30th yields 205 points , Rory would be guaranteed 2705 points  , which by my reckoning virtually guarantees a top 4 finish .  Unless I am missing something .

Am I ?

Anyone can win the whole thing in theory  , as it involves a one off addition of 2500 points to the reset points , but the place market must be a different kettle of fish as there are only limited possibilites .

Still the BMW to go though , obviously changes to top positions possible .
Pause Switch to Standard View The Fedex Cup points thing .
Show More
Report Kelly September 10, 2012 12:25 AM BST
Guess someone did not read this post , if they had nobody would have bet long odds on Rory to win the thing in a few weeks time .

But someone did spend a few grand on short odds which are unrealistic , they might still win , but you would sooner be the layer than the backer !
Report Kelly September 10, 2012 10:16 AM BST
The other possibility is that someone mistook the win market for the place market . 1.2 Rory to  place might be OK  , but looking like the win market will meet at around 2.3 something .
Report donny osmond September 10, 2012 10:36 AM BST
i guess they dont read the forum .....

the same markets cause chaos year after year
Report Kelly September 10, 2012 10:43 AM BST
The win market still has 70 runners , obviously with 40 of them in the 1000 category . If I am not mistaken there are no subs allowed once the 30 are determined  , open to correction if that is not the case .

So why dont they scrub the 1000 pounders, they are only there for the catch as catch can merchants  , and they clutter the place up ?
Report adge September 10, 2012 11:06 AM BST
have you caught anyone , kelly ?
Report donny osmond September 10, 2012 11:37 AM BST
maybe they thought they were backing in the world no 1 market ???
Report adge September 10, 2012 2:56 PM BST
market now set at 30
Report Kelly September 10, 2012 7:59 PM BST
Adge , laid Rory at odds on , happy with that , traded out now .  It does pay to know the rules and  anticipate the market .  Not for much , but a win is a win .  Makes it easier to trade back and foprward when you have a few quid ( guaranteed ) up your sleeve .  Did not twig the long odds on thing though , despite my posts re Fedex , will put it in the memory bank .
Report Kelly September 10, 2012 8:11 PM BST
Adge , if I was given to laying traps would I have posted the original thread ?

I did lay Poulter for the £2 available at 1000 , it was up there not long after the 30 were established post BMW .  Just as well might be in my account as in someone elses . It was certainly going to be in someones account other than the backers . 

Possible people want to liberate funds at minimum cost , if so happy to oblige  , but those who back  unwinnable 1000/1  chances must be strange or incompetent people if they anticipate miracles .  Unless A.P . is aboard , remounts , and the others all fall !
Report Mighty Whites 2008 September 10, 2012 8:59 PM BST
I laid Rory around the 1.2 market for plenty last night. As quick as i put it up it instantly went.

I also put up some backs for those who were through to the Tour Championship. The £2 on Poulter was an error on my behalf. Glad it went to a good home Kelly!
Report Kelly September 10, 2012 10:28 PM BST
Owe you one , Mighty !

Put up £2.2 at  1.88 a place Rory for the Fedex and when you confirm it on here I will lay it provided there is no shrapnel in the way .

Here to midnight . Cheers .
Report FVS September 11, 2012 4:46 AM BST
If 2 or more golfers finish on the same points who wins?

1) Golfer with most points before reset
2) Golfer with best performance in the Tour Championship
3) Playoff?
Report Mighty Whites 2008 September 11, 2012 6:34 PM BST
Don't worry Kelly, fairs fair.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com