Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
the muppet moans
06 Mar 12 11:35
| Topic/replies: 1,835 | Blogger: the muppet moans's blog
Well there is another event on this week!
George McNeill 0.6 ew 55/1
Troy Matteson 0.4 ew 66/1
Rocco Mediate 0.2 ew 200/1
Show More
Report retief March 6, 2012 1:06 PM GMT
Mmm.
Report donny osmond March 6, 2012 1:31 PM GMT
had a go at every

can zack miller break 90 Mischief
Report overthecliff March 6, 2012 1:38 PM GMT
Tentative 3 for this week 
Stenson
J.B.Holmes 
Ames.
I would'nt be surprised to see a big outsider win it tho.
Report DONEMYLOT March 6, 2012 1:58 PM GMT
Up on here before posting on your own site? We are blessed.

Any betting on Columbia? Its hard enough without any prices too! (why on Earth did I sign up to that one?)
Report bristoldoug March 6, 2012 7:14 PM GMT
A right mixture of rookies and journeyman golfers teeing it up here. I can't have Overton despite his recent good finish and putting stats - also will be avoiding Stenson, even though I had a fiver on him mid tournament last week at long odds.

Plenty of possible winners if they have a good week, but for me 3 players I like are Bobby Gates, Ted Potter JR and Dicky Pride.

Main fancy is for Bobby Gates - who prior to his missed cut last week had made 6 consecutive cuts this season including a very good top 10 finish at the Humana Challenge. He finished 6th in this event last year on the back of missing the cut at the Honda just like he did last week. Looks to be an improving player to my mind. Backed him at 100/1 and also top 10.

Dicky Pride speaks for himself really - no form in this event so far but 2 events played and 2 top 10 finishes this year point to a guy in form.

Ted Potter JR - 2 wins on the Nationwide last year and has showed up well a couple of events this year and good putting stats.

Also a small bet on Ben Curtis

Good luck all
Report lowfields69 March 6, 2012 7:22 PM GMT
Every 50/1
Bradley 40/1
Then added Will Claxton at 150/1 who I know next to nothing about on the basis of his T9 at the Mayakoba
Report Gary Binosh March 7, 2012 12:01 AM GMT
Donny!

I was thinking that.  Not often ill say theres a bad 300/1 or so shot, but if there ever is its Zak Miller this week!!

Even i'd challenge that lad Plain
Report goonarmy March 7, 2012 12:12 AM GMT
just 3 for me

stephen ames
george mcniel
troy matteson

gl
Report sundogmonkey March 7, 2012 7:59 PM GMT
Like everyone else I'm on Matteson who knows how to get the job done.

Also sticking with Every for the obvious reasons.

Another I've had a few quid on is Duke who has been up there every week for a couple of rounds of late before tailing off. He does know how to win however and I wouldn't be surprised to see him do so in this company.

My two big priced veterans are Rocco & for those of you looking for an even bigger priced outsider look no further than the man with the wardrobe of Hawaiian shirts, good old Duffy.

He's finally fit again & seems to have rededicated himself with some work in the gym looking at his shape this yr.

Has had a couple of decent efforts in his 2 starts this yr & has a bit of form in this event & other similar windy courses.

He could just surprise at a massive price!

Good luck all!
Report the muppet moans March 7, 2012 8:48 PM GMT
We have three winners of this so far and there is a common theme that links them and that is Florida. Michael Bradley (twice a winner) was born and lives there, Greg Kraft went to college and now lives there and Derek Lamely was born, went to college and lives there. As winners they all said the same - it was just like playing in Florida. Whilst this helped me narrow the field down for betting purposes it still left me with twenty players who meet at least two of the criteria from which I picked two.
George McNeill meets all three criteria and even lives in Fort Myers with Derek Lamely. He can boast some great form in his home state with three runner up slots - he also filled that position twice last year as well as a 5th place finish here. Last year he was going off at 33/1 in similar company so is well worth a bet at 55/1 - 0.6 ew
Rocco Mediate - my old favourite lol - to be honest he is biding his time before joining the Champions tour but it was only in October 2010 that he last won. In his last three starts he has shot some really good rounds and if he can put four or even three of those together he can make the odds of 200/1 look massive - 0.2 ew
For my final pick I slightly changed my criteria but I cannot leave Troy Matteson out of the staking plan even though he was only born in Florida. He lost in a playoff here last season and feels he has unfinished business. He was in awful form last season on arriving in Puerto Rico but this time around he is starting to find some form. Last week he finished 26th at the Honda Classic - he had previously missed all three cuts there and closed with a fine 66. He said last year he has been travelling to Puerto Rico for many years and loves the place so as a two time PGA tour winner warrants close inspection - 0.4 ew 66/1
Report lufc67 March 8, 2012 12:36 PM GMT
backed Marc Turnesa for this,started the season well with a T33 and T16 at the Mayakoba,his 75% in GIR stat will hold him in good stead here where good ball strikers have done well.
Good Luck All.
Report dessys March 8, 2012 12:58 PM GMT
how come there is no shot tracker, apart from when there is a penalty stroke? very bizarre???
Report wowiezowiee March 8, 2012 1:08 PM GMT
why's it suspended?
Report donny osmond March 8, 2012 1:18 PM GMT
the site is down...
Report maggot March 8, 2012 1:20 PM GMT
Again. Fkin shambles.
Report stonecold- March 8, 2012 1:30 PM GMT
its a joke bugs me they get away with
Report Super Hans March 8, 2012 8:59 PM GMT
Must be due a 3 hole update.
Report the muppet moans March 9, 2012 2:04 PM GMT
Euro scorers on holiday in the Carribean this week I see - McNeill -2 thru 5 - oh no he isn't we'll change that 4 to a 6 but already laid pretty low
Report stonecold- March 9, 2012 2:20 PM GMT
yeah saw that really bugged on him pre tourney not checking scores till end of play now
Report dessys March 9, 2012 2:37 PM GMT
indeed. Harsh luck for Mcneil backers but still right in it.
Report the muppet moans March 10, 2012 10:47 AM GMT
Matt Jones maybe worth opposing - jt leader here at the cut only start 2009 - shot 79 rd 3 ended up t44th
Report DRAGON DANCER March 10, 2012 9:00 PM GMT
Nice finish there for ya tmm, looked to be getting away from him for a bit, but nice last 10 holes.
Report the muppet moans March 10, 2012 10:06 PM GMT
Yup - good comeback - I have a feeling tomorrow maybe one of those - "No - after you" kind of days
Report bristoldoug March 11, 2012 10:04 AM GMT
At dilemma city for me. Thanks to TMM I had 20 quid on George McNeil at 55/1 and also have a rennet on Ben Curtis at 80s. Think the lead could change frequently today so best call is to lay off now. What are your thoughts TMM?

Also have 50 quid on Keegan Bradley in Doral at 45/1 and 20 on Zac Johnson at 120/1 as well as 60 on Zac at 7/1 for top 10 finish. Chickened out last week when I should have let my bet on Rory ride. What to do this week?
Report the muppet moans March 11, 2012 10:11 AM GMT
It really does depend why you bet. Betting outright on a player who you think will win means you should always let your bet ride. If you bet to trade then trade away. What was your mindset at the beginning? Betting at the beginning to find the winner and trading to secure a profit do not make good bed fellows. The only thing I would say is to lay back your stake.
Report sundogmonkey March 11, 2012 11:52 AM GMT
Would agree with TMM Doug, if you're in it for the long haul you have to look at your profit over the season and hope to make the most of your chances when your men are in the mix.

The way I view it is very simple. I only back US tour so for example on the basis that there are approx 40 official US tour events in year if I back an average of 4 players a week over the year that's 160 bets, back them all e/w that's 320 points.

i trust my judgement that in a season I can return more 'points' than that and make a decent profit, therefore last thing I'd do is lay of a rd 3 leader.

As long as you keep getting players up there over the weeks the winners will eventualy come.

worked the last 5yrs. Mind you off to a shocker this yr!

Good luck anyway!
Report golfnut March 11, 2012 4:48 PM GMT
now shot tracker freezes up just as leaders go off,,
Report the muppet moans March 11, 2012 4:52 PM GMT
"Live scoring has been temporarily delayed. This will be rectified once we have hoovered up prices on Betfair"
Report stonecold- March 11, 2012 5:02 PM GMT
Laugh
Report dav72 March 11, 2012 6:28 PM GMT
TMM - you were right when you said its one of those "no, after you days"...the leaders dropping shots once they hit the lead...if say, boo weekley posts a score here of -13, it could be interesting. Id say Jobe is rueing his 1st 76, any half decent score there and he would win this i reckon.
Report maggot March 11, 2012 6:53 PM GMT
De Jonge threatening down the stretch again...Cry
Report fade2black March 11, 2012 7:08 PM GMT
Silly question..will these be on any streams tonight?
Report stonecold- March 11, 2012 8:19 PM GMT
Sad no mate
Report stonecold- March 11, 2012 8:39 PM GMT
layed mcniell in 1.20s just need to par the last if scores correct dont wanna take any chances
Report jda March 11, 2012 8:45 PM GMT
whats happening please backed mcneill ?
Report jda March 11, 2012 8:45 PM GMT
whats happening please backed mcneill ?
Report stonecold- March 11, 2012 8:49 PM GMT
he -15 one shot ahead on the last hole par 5 if pga scores correct clubhouse leader -14
Report jda March 11, 2012 8:51 PM GMT
thank you only small win £220 but have not won a thinng for 3 weeks x
Report stonecold- March 11, 2012 8:52 PM GMT
scores been like it for ages
Report gwladys street March 11, 2012 8:52 PM GMT
any update, myust be nearly finished now ?
Report stonecold- March 11, 2012 8:53 PM GMT
he won -16 by pga website
Report gwladys street March 11, 2012 8:54 PM GMT
and the market is still availaible
Report stonecold- March 11, 2012 8:54 PM GMT
still havent suspended betfair
Report gwladys street March 11, 2012 8:55 PM GMT
all 1.01 gone now.

wd winners
Report stonecold- March 11, 2012 8:56 PM GMT
Laugh there was free money but didnt have the bottle incase mistake never trust pga website
Report jda March 11, 2012 9:09 PM GMT
thanks mm x
Report DRAGON DANCER March 11, 2012 9:10 PM GMT
tmm, i love you very much, good man, super tipster.
Report donny osmond March 11, 2012 10:05 PM GMT
he's back ....

well done tmm

CoolCool
Report the muppet moans March 11, 2012 10:45 PM GMT
Cheers guys - it's been a while Grin
Report the stunning March 11, 2012 11:04 PM GMT
Well done tmm,all good things come to those who waitHappy.
Report bristoldoug March 12, 2012 8:21 AM GMT
Well done TMM - stuck to my guns with McNeil thanks to you - albeit laying at 1.13 just in case. Made a handsome profit !

As for Bradley though !! Was tempted to lay him when 2 strokes clear after McNeil had already won the PR. Would have made a £1200 profit !! In the end I bailed out after he missed his Birdie putt on 10. Still made a nice profit on the tournament but could have been an awful lot better.

Thanks again for the advice TMM
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com