Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
AdelaidePhil
30 Nov 20 00:27
| Topic/replies: 52 | Blogger: AdelaidePhil's blog
For about two weeks now all my bet attempts on EPL football market top three have gone from instant to waiting and waiting, and I mean far worse than the old dial-up. Click on the odds to alter type in odds change and after 10-15 of wait, I can type it in or wait another 10 seconds using the up/down arrow. Something that was once instant can take as much as 30 seconds! All other web sites are as fast as in the past, it is ONLY Betfair! I just hope this is not a subtle way to get rid of less profitable users by Betfair, there's really no good explanation for this!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 9
By:
longbridge
When: 30 Nov 20 11:52
what make you think you count as "less profitable"?
By:
Latalomne
When: 30 Nov 20 12:12
It's just that the website is rubbish.  There have been quite a few threads on the horse racing forum in particular with people reporting problems for the last few months.
By:
AdelaidePhil
When: 30 Nov 20 22:54
One aspect of "less profitable" is by reducing my minimum bet of AU$ from $5 to say $2. For instance, lay at 2.0 for $5, add $2, cancel the $5 and increase to odds of the $2 to the required odds to outdo the big boys, like going to 1000 on Fulham for $2 to finish in the final three.
By:
cpfc4me
When: 01 Dec 20 22:38
I hope it didn't take you 15 years to learn how to bet lower than the minimum, and I hope you've automated this or I suspect the opportunity cost far exceeds any profits.

And by the way, if you have automated it, Betfair will warn you to stop doing it, so there's that...
By:
big aitch
When: 07 Dec 20 08:42
On the exchange betfair don't care who wins or loses, they get their commission whatever happens. One annoying thing they haven't stopped is the constant nicking of a few pence on lots of markets by some scrotes that have been getting away with it for many years.

I get back bets at around 1.09 to 1.01 laid for tiny amounts virtually every day, it amounted to a couple of quid on one market, when i contacted them about it on chat they didn't have a clue what I was complaining about.
By:
longbridge
When: 07 Dec 20 10:55
@big aitch

"One annoying thing they haven't stopped is the constant nicking of a few pence"

That was true for years but I thought that changed in the summer?  I remember seeing this on the other (BDP) Forum:

https://forum.developer.betfair.com/forum/developer-program/announcements/32066-retrospective-api-release-to-prevent-minimum-bet-abuse-19th-june
By:
big aitch
When: 07 Dec 20 12:58
Happened yesterday Longbridge, had 4p laid at around 1.08 in a 4.5 goals market, so if they come up on around 10% of the bets for no risk in each market they should stick out like a sore c0ck, but I bet they never get noticed.
By:
longbridge
When: 08 Dec 20 16:15
4p @ 1.08 ought to fail on what they said. :(
By:
VardonVoo.
When: 12 Jan 21 11:00
Sorry - I don't understand what you are getting at - you wanted to back at 1.08 and a few pence got matched. So someone, or a bot took a bit of the other  side of your bet. Why are you suggesting that this confers them an advantage, regardless of their bet size? You wouldn't have placed the bet if you didn't fancy the odds yourself, surely?
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com