Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
viva el presidente!
14 Dec 19 14:32
| Topic/replies: 17,980 | Blogger: viva el presidente!'s blog
Right, so - a lot of us oldtimers spent a long time saying Betfair should a) lower their commission rate and b) push the exchange more in their advertising.

Seeing as I spent a fair aount of time slagging them off on both counts in the past, it seems only fair to briefly come back and congratulate them for (currently, at least) doing both things.

That's it. No snark, no between-the-lines irony, just wanted to say that. Oh, and in the immortal words of Dr Nick:

Hello everybody!
Pause Switch to Standard View In praise of Betfair (no, really)
Show More
Report pmbets December 15, 2019 1:13 AM GMT
Yeah but many think too little to late and have already moved on.The secondary markets i.e. USA horse racing etc are totally illiquid and really unplayable.
Report Gin December 15, 2019 1:31 PM GMT
Yes, I have noticed a lot more exchange advertising recently and have also taken advantage of the lower commission rate. Let's hope it brings an increase in exchange usage.

Haven't seen you posting for a while viva - or have I just missed your posts?
Report viva el presidente! December 15, 2019 3:12 PM GMT
@Gin:

I kind of don't really come here now except occasionally to get other people's input on possible missettlements etc. Still betting/trading a bit but been kind of more into music lately.

But I was thinking about the old days - you know, the glory days of Nashwan and the Betfair Ambulance - and I thought, those two things that I used to slag them off for not doing all the time, they've done both of them. So it only seemed fair to acknowledge that.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com