Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ajay007
19 Jun 19 22:13
| Topic/replies: 41 | Blogger: ajay007's blog
Hi all is it me or is this illegal lately major bookmakers each way terms  adding extra place and not giveing you 1/4 instead giveing you 1/5th odds a place in all handicaps even 18 runners they must be najeing a fortune
Pause Switch to Standard View EACH WAY TERMS MAJORS BOOKMAKERS SCANDAL
Show More
Report longbridge June 20, 2019 11:56 AM BST
Making a fortune how?

PAying a fifth the odds on 5 winners feels like it should be the same cost as paying a quarter the odds on four winners (though I'd have to work the numbers out, being it's a quarter or fifth of the fractional odds, not the decimal ones).

And not illegal.   As long as they tell you the EW terms they can offer anything they like.
Report dunter1 June 21, 2019 10:10 PM BST
Five fifths and four quarters are both equal
Percentagewise
Report ajay007 June 22, 2019 12:02 AM BST
I though every horse that is placed they are making fottunes I had 100 each way at 10/1 I lost £50 everyone loses unless you finish 5th you used to get the extra place free offer not now it is making millions in my opioun
Report dave1357 June 22, 2019 10:40 PM BST
they gave your money to the people who backed the fifth horse, they aren't making anything extra.  If you want the standard terms just write them on your slip or look for an online bookie that uses them.
Report pumphol. June 22, 2019 11:41 PM BST
16 runner hcp pays first 4
They withdraw a 9/1 shot
So firstly you get a 10p rule 4 then they only pay first three.
So say you back two horses they come 3rd & 4th you lose 10% of your place money on the third & you get no return on the 4th.
A fairer way  should pay place on both horses but take 10% from each.
In essence you are penalised twice for a non runner in this scenario.
My argument is the book has been made up for those 16 runners, to say you should lose 10% & the 4th place just shows how place terms are completely in the bookies favour.
Report dunter1 June 23, 2019 6:06 PM BST
Assume for a moment bookies were working to a zero% (ha Ha)
In a 16 runner Hcap all things being equal
You'd get 15/1 the field
The field EW would return £36 for a £32 outlay
The £4 profit would come from the over generous place terms
Report Nebs November 3, 2019 11:36 PM GMT
An interesting anomaly from the 1980's was that it was 3/1 chances that you should bet each way, and 16/1 chances that you should bet win only. No idea if it is still the case.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com