Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
weekender
11 Apr 19 08:49
| Topic/replies: 17 | Blogger: weekender's blog
I was just betting in a market which had a relatively low overround of around 10%. This means the prices offered for me to back are very competitive in relation to traditional bookmakers. However whenever I tried to back anything, the price disappeared! So the prices were not real just fake to lure me in.

In addition, all the unreal prices in the market would change simultaneously approximately every 10 seconds. Clearly there was some kind of 'fake bot' in play.

What is the point of Betfair offering prices that nobody can ever take as they are not real?
Pause Switch to Standard View Not real prices
Show More
Report Barton Bank April 11, 2019 12:33 PM BST
Welcome to the world of pathetic liquidity and betting against robots.
Report roadrunner46 April 11, 2019 2:24 PM BST
im all for, more robots to kill off the IR playersWink
Report weekender April 11, 2019 2:29 PM BST
You'll have to excuse my ignorance. What is an IR player?

I still don't understand fake prices. The market was very quiet. It was hours before it went in-play. How can a fake price be posted? That is a price that is not really available for matching. Surely to do that would need the connivance of Betfair.
Report kkkatt April 14, 2019 12:43 PM BST
And that would never happen of course.......
Report peckerdunne April 27, 2019 3:29 PM BST
Remembering the days of the exchange...........

Long live the charges..
Report dave1357 April 27, 2019 5:55 PM BST
next time this happens take a video, send it to betfair and ask them what is happening.  thing
Report dave1357 April 27, 2019 5:56 PM BST
lol rogue "thing" in my post
Report mouse muldoon April 28, 2019 12:45 AM BST
dave nose
Report peckerdunne April 29, 2019 2:41 PM BST
shut the door
Report VardonVoo. May 10, 2019 3:07 PM BST
Maybe the prices appear and persist on screen until it refreshes but the bot that places them immediately cancels them. What happens after they disaappear? Do they reappear after a certain predictable time? Is it possible to submit a bet at the same price so that it appears just before the bot price is expected to and therefore matches it? Do you think the bot price is one single bet that quickly cancels or several tiny bets in quick succession so that if the first matches the bot can cancel the rest? I'm assuming bots can react without having to wait for any countdown to finish.
Report Latalomne May 10, 2019 5:48 PM BST
VardonVoo raises an interesting point.  How are you viewing the Exchange?  If it's via the website, it doesn't refresh automatically very regularly at all. 

I use an API product with a 1 second refresh and can't say as I have experienced what you described very often at all, certainly not often enough to make me think prices aren't real.
Report peckerdunne May 10, 2019 10:34 PM BST
Come on guys, ye can do better than that.

try submitting bets, cancel resubmit,different prices under the bot etc..

Its a programme and its designed to thieve you, pish you off and force you to take fixed odds or poor odds...

Look at the recent changes to graphs.

The horse info disappears now soon as they cross the line..

Its just one thing after another to make the exchange experience less than it was..

The winners are near gone, the layers too....

whats left..........follow this way for roulette and fixed odds..

The exchange is over in its original form..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com