Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ericster
30 Sep 18 09:23
| Topic/replies: 4,278 | Blogger: ericster's blog
No, not drug-addiction. I'm talking "feet up, taking my ease, technology at at my finger tips, without the spaghetti, take anywhere, without the need for and the maintenance of all the add-ons, router monitor, anti-virus subscriptions etc. Just totally simply accessible internet.

Okay, I know, this doesn't belong here but I credit you guys, okay?
So;
Those of you, if ANY of course, who are Tableteers,
Discuss please if you will.

Advantages.....
Dis-advantages.....
Setting up...
The good....
And the bad....
Show More
Report ericster September 30, 2018 10:27 AM BST
Just an old fogie, okay?
I have a new monitor sitting in it's card board box that will  probably never see the light of day.
I'm an absolute technophobe, irony, oh sweet irony.
I just want to switch on and log in.
With out all the bs.
Report ericster September 30, 2018 10:39 AM BST
I'm not keen on the BT hub thing.
Lol! I'm not even sure that I know what THAT IS even.
So I suppose I would have to have a router. Right?
I just want it easy ffs.
Report TheBaron October 2, 2018 4:19 PM BST
Not a tablet but have you had a look at a Chrome book?  I've had mine for five years and I can't see any advantage in having a tablet.  No downloads or anti virus needed, all done for you. Also I much prefer having a keyboard and screen you can tilt.
Report ericster October 3, 2018 1:08 PM BST
Sounds good baron, thanks.
I like the idea of being able to unplug and take to the repair shop.
I don't do downloads. Music,fims etc.
There are just a couple of websites that I frequent.That's all but I DO like to have three or four sites on the go simultaneously when I'm playing.
Would it be rude to ask what they cost roughly?
Report ericster October 3, 2018 1:46 PM BST
It's okay, I googled. Three hundred quid then or there abouts. Not bad if they'll do the job.
Report TheFear October 3, 2018 3:39 PM BST
tablets, yeah my advice keep taking them
Report JOMO II October 4, 2018 8:25 AM BST
I had a tablet for a while, and have a Chromebook. Agree with TheBaron... Chromebook over tablet.

The tablet I got was cheap, so that's a positive. Also minimal (if any) set up required. But typing using the on-screen was cumbersome. I'd imagine that navigating between 3/4 sites would likewise be a bit cumbersome. You'll also find that some sites will work differently on a tablet - same functions/info on them, but layed out differently due to optimisation for mobile devices.

Chrombooks start at under £200. They're built for internet browsing, so there's less junk and programmes you'll never used loaded - means it's more reliable and faster. You get an internet browser that looks and works just like on a PC ie. flicking between 3/4 different sites would be easy. With most Chromebooks, you're able to flip the keyboard right round so that the whole thing turns into a giant tablet you can hold in your hands. At the same time, tho, you've got the option to use it as a normal laptop.

No set up required... just turn it on. You'll just need to open a Google account, if you don't already have one.
Report ericster October 4, 2018 9:15 AM BST
Thanks JOMO,
your post is very much appreciated.
When my gear goes wrong again, and who knows when that my be? I have an ageing desk-top and a monitor that pops and crackles but they're still working.
Chromebook is the way to go.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com