Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bingo bongo
18 Jul 18 23:27
| Topic/replies: 790 | Blogger: bingo bongo's blog
I think when an event like a world cup comes round the annoyingness of the premium charge really hits home. On betfair what should have been a smallish profit for me was turned into a mediumish loss due to the pc.

Yes, I can now win a bit before paying pc again but to me this seems beside the point. There is unlikely to be any markets I'm massively intersested in for a while. In fact I'm thinking of a big bet on a long term market but I'd be mad to place it on betfair and potentially lose a percentage of the winnings.

It seems discussion of pc has pretty much ended - have pc payers left betfair, no longer winning as much or just accepted the situation?
Pause Switch to Standard View Premium charge and major events
Show More
Report dave1357 July 19, 2018 11:01 AM BST
if you make casual losing bets and betfair have the best odds you should take betfair as your premium charge on your winning bets will be less on the long term.  If somewhere else has sufficient liquidity for those winning bets and reasonable odds then you should obv bet somewhere else.
Report CLYDEBANK29 July 23, 2018 12:41 PM BST
You are missing bingo's point dave.  Whilst your point is valid, he's on about the sequential calculation used rather than the percentage.  Yes, the sequential nature is unfair and not good for business, but Betfair aint going to do anything about it.  They are too scared of people colluding to lose deliberately to offer PC rebates when you get screwed by the sequence of your runs.
Report JML July 23, 2018 1:40 PM BST
Far to many complaints about the PC.

Only place in town where you're allowed to win and people still aren't happy.
Report CLYDEBANK29 July 23, 2018 2:34 PM BST
Fwiw if you place casual losing bets or are hedging it's better imo to do it with bookies.  It increases the chances that the account won't be limited.
Report dave1357 July 23, 2018 2:51 PM BST
that's prob true to a certain extent, but I think that as soon as you start decent sized bets on anything that beats sp you will get restricted no matter what you do otherwise.  I used to mostly bet smallish amounts of ew bets with enhanced terms on the golf and big handicaps taken best prices and was never restricted (other than by shybet) despite winning.  When baldfred wasn't so appalling for early prices I did L15s and won a bit, no restriction either.

B 3 6 5 on the other hand instantly shut me down after my first winning bet when I was betting in 200s merely to clear the big bonus that they had.
Report PeteTheBloke July 23, 2018 7:41 PM BST
If you constantly pay PC, then just factor it into losses as well e.g. 20% payer
loses £1000 - think of it as £800.
Report bingo bongo July 23, 2018 9:29 PM BST
Pete, I think in the past thats maybe how I would have thought about it but now I use betfair alot less than I used to. Which I think makes paying the odd large ammount of pc more likely when I do have a few bets. My turnover so far this year is less than 10% of 4 years ago.
Report roache July 24, 2018 11:01 PM BST
PC is just plainly wrong and a complete hiss take as when you invariably hit a losing run or take a big hit do betfair give you a rabate to keep you at 22.5% (they say 20%) ? No they don't so you end up paying far more than the minimum percentage PC until you win all your losses back to regain the status quo which you actually might never realise.
Report JML July 25, 2018 12:09 AM BST
To begin with it's impossible to pay 22.5% and have losing runs.

I'm on 40% and I don't like paying it one bit but on the other hand I wish
I could pay thousands more each week.

Recycling old complaints achieve nothing,betfair have got us by the bo11ocks and they
know that if we leave it would be,in most cases,cutting off the nose to spite the face.
Report Llamedos July 25, 2018 12:23 PM BST
| Topic/replies: 1,268 | Blogger: JML's blog
To begin with it's impossible to pay 22.5% and have losing runs.

I'm on 40% and I don't like paying it one bit but on the other hand I wish
I could pay thousands more each week.

Recycling old complaints achieve nothing,betfair have got us by the bo11ocks and they
know that if we leave it would be,in most cases,cutting off the nose to spite the face.

I think that grip on the bollocks is loosening slightly, I still do a bit on here but nowhere near as much as I used to, I am finding easier to get amounts on others exchanges one of which is offering 0% commission to the end of the year, that money wont be coming back and even if they lowered PC it wouldn't change my present M.O.
Report JML July 25, 2018 3:55 PM BST
For many leaving is not an option.
And I have no idea if Betfair would regard it as a bad thing if I or a hundred other PC payers did leave.

I hope you do well at 0% site but there are a couple of things to keep in mind.

Once the 0% offer ends you'll be on 1.5% every bet win or lose. If you continue
to show a profit they'll impose some restriction or other,similar to purple who charge some people
a much higher commission than the standard rate.
Report pmbets January 12, 2019 6:12 PM GMT
I think most pc players are gone now.
Report scouceman April 24, 2019 4:38 PM BST
I've now emptied my account and will not bother with BF any longer due to the PC.  I class myself a small punter who has had an account since 2003 and have a total profit of just over £95k with charges of £19k, all winnings now are at PC....I now fall into the 1% bracket... I now use S Mar k et$, worth a look!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com