Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mr.Anderson
01 Apr 17 11:32
| Topic/replies: 762 | Blogger: Mr.Anderson's blog
Not sure if anyone on this forum is interested, but...

Yesterday the Swedish gambling enquiry was presented.

The short version: Licensing system with a 18% gambling tax is proposed. (This can be compared with 15% in the UK, and 20% in Denmark where BF also has a license for the exchange.) Exchanges just as welcome as traditional bookmakers. Everything is still subject to change. The last two enquiries were simply binned, but that is not expected to happen this time. It could be put to the vote next year, and the new legislation come into effect in January 2019.

The long version can be found here: http://www.regeringen.se/rattsdokument/statens-offentliga-utredningar/2017/03/sou-201730/       It's more than 1300 pages and in swedish!

Betfair started to advertise the exchange on Swedish televison a couple of months ago by the way. I hope that's because they then already had some info about what the enquiry would propose, and that they see a fututure for the exchange in Sweden. Looking forward to commission being lowered to 5% when and if they get a Swedish license and they get to pay tax in Sweden:) A bit counter-intuitive I know, but that seems to be how it works... Fingers crossed!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 3
By:
pxb
When: 01 Apr 17 21:24
I assume that 18% is bookies gross profits as in the UK. Which doesn't affect individual bets on the exchange.
By:
Mr.Anderson
When: 02 Apr 17 11:08
I just found a 28-page summary in english in part one of the document I linked to above. So no need to understand swedish if you only want to read the summary:)

"The tax rate is to be calculated on net gambling revenue, i.e. the company's profit after paid winnings."

That's the same as in the UK right? Except 18% instead of 15?
By:
Capt__F
When: 07 Apr 17 00:50
Pelican tennis
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel