Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
the old nanny ;-)
08 Mar 17 21:48
| Topic/replies: 5,692 | Blogger: the old nanny ;-)'s blog
Had my Account Closed ,Reason Multiple Unknown Log In attempts ,If this has Happened to you Recently can You answer, I should Like to ask a Question ..

Thanks
Pause Switch to Standard View ACCOUNT CLOSED anyone Else ?
Show More
Report winningthought March 8, 2017 10:59 PM GMT
I believe after 5 attempts of trying to log in but supplying the wrong password, betfair will disable the account. This is pretty much industry standard. Phone them up.
Report pxb March 8, 2017 11:28 PM GMT
If you can't log in, you won't be able to see recent account logins. So call bf and ask them, and see if they came from your IP address or not.
Report longbridge March 9, 2017 10:14 AM GMT
Account isn't 'closed' it's just suspended.

Most likely someone with a username very like yours mistyped their username as yours and kept typing their password in convinced they were right and the machine was wrong.

Phone (or more conveniently webchat) BF Customer Services and get it reactivated.
Report the old nanny ;-) March 9, 2017 2:27 PM GMT
The Statement Said ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED ,the account in Question is active again

As stated I just wanted to Know if anyone else has Experienced this Recently ?
Report nathanrh March 10, 2017 10:19 PM GMT
I had this a few months ago - strange correlation was that I had recently opened an account at another exchange and I had been using the same username / password combination for both sites (tsk tsk I know ;-)) - Betfair reported that there had been many login attempts from some very strange parts of the world, if I didn't know any better I'd be punting that the other site had someone leaking account info.

I've since closed my account at the other exchange.
Report casemoney March 10, 2017 10:44 PM GMT
Do you Use ur Mobile to bet ,Nat ?
Report nathanrh March 10, 2017 10:52 PM GMT
casemoney - yes I have used the mobile in the past, but I hadn't been using it when this happened.
Report casemoney March 10, 2017 11:17 PM GMT
Happened to Me  I Never or Very rarely Use mobile ..   But CS rep was practically Insisting I use mobile to Change My Password details  ,and that I could log in with a Secure Pin ...

Seems a strange Carry on  Spec Account with Wording Closed Not Suspended ..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com