Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Just Checking
28 Feb 17 17:02
| Topic/replies: 30,926 | Blogger: Just Checking's blog
Anyone else noticed this? People who know the markets know that the odds across markets tend to be related to each other.

Just recently there have been odd thing with 0-0 in CS being well out of whack, then the odds that would dictate CS should come down, yet totally HUGE amounts of money come in to lay it up to much more than it normally would be.

Brighton Newcastle for example. 0-0 was already noticably above what it would normally be and $75,000 just came in to lay it @ 11/11.5.

Look at the graph there now, it's just one huge spike.

That's a value of about £3/4 million. (Ok half it really but you get what I mean).

Same thing was happening last week, huge amounts that when mulptiplied our are a vast liability coming in to drive 0-0 from 12 to 17 in minutes for no apparent reason.

I remember a few years ago someone seemed to like playing 0-0 roulette. I think they thought they had found a money tree but then after it turned but when there were the balancing run of 0-0s they were I presume wiped out and just disappeared.

But it was nothing like on this scale.
Pause Switch to Standard View Wierd activity recently in correct...
Show More
Report Just Checking February 28, 2017 6:03 PM GMT
£75,000 not dollars, not that there will be a difference soon CrazyWink
Report Just Checking February 28, 2017 6:05 PM GMT
I should have proof read that ShockedBlush
Report romfordiron March 1, 2017 12:04 AM GMT
Yeah I've noticed it last few weeks on several games. The 0-0 normally correlates quite neatly with the 2.5 goals market, but it's been well out of sync on a few games. Saw the 0-0 was 11.5 on the Brighton v Newc game, with under 2.5s at 1.76 or so. Would normally be around 10. Quite big liquidity in the markets as well recently. As you said, someone seems to be chasing the 0-0 out before KO with big lumps.

Won't last for too long, as nobody is making money doing that. Unless of course, they know something the market doesn't.
Report iprefertolay March 1, 2017 12:32 AM GMT
not exactly the same but ive noticed in englih football games say in last ten min the correct score 0 0  and the draw can be out of sync so u can gaurentee a profit so long as 1 1 obviously
Report Just Checking March 1, 2017 1:16 PM GMT
romford, another lump came later and it went up to 12/12.5 and sat there until kick off.
It wouldn't surprised me looking at if something like half the entire CS market was layed by the one person in two or three lumps on CS or such.
Approx £100k of the entire graph (remember this is a championship game) was just two lay spikes, liabiity must be > 1/2 a million.
Total matched on entire event was 275k at point I took a note.
Report Andriy March 1, 2017 1:40 PM GMT
Their liability on the game last night was about £1 million, the more recent games i've seen have been normally closer to £0.5 mill.
Report romfordiron March 3, 2017 5:16 PM GMT
Here we go again.. on the Brum v Leeds match
Report Just Checking March 3, 2017 7:04 PM GMT
£100,000 to 11/11.5 in a single lay.
Report Just Checking March 3, 2017 7:04 PM GMT
I.e. trade of over a million
Report winningthought March 3, 2017 7:49 PM GMT
Its a 550k liability assuming a 50k lay was matched at 12.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com