Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Angela Rebecchi
28 Feb 17 17:09
| Topic/replies: 41,092 | Blogger: Angela Rebecchi's blog
One bookie once took over 30 seconds and then seemingly were rejecting if the bet went against them and accepting vica versa (I used very small stakes after the first case just to test the water). Shouldn't these bookies be regulated and be inforced to accept an in play bet within say 5 seconds.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 16
By:
henryluca
When: 01 Mar 17 06:58
Soccer is currently 8 seconds with betfair

One bookie once took over 30 seconds

Sounds a fallacy
By:
CONER
When: 01 Mar 17 12:17
BETFAIR REG GO 12.But hardly any money changes hands.Made the copa unplayable,very little intrest from betfair players.
By:
Joel
When: 02 Mar 17 02:28
Why would it be a fallacy henry?
Betfair is automatic, bookies may not be.
By:
henryluca
When: 02 Mar 17 04:22
I understood the thread related to in play bets--if the bet went against them and accepting vica versa
be inforced to accept an in play bet within say 5 seconds.

I also understood the reference to bookie was to a corporate bookmaker--ring up inplay

But you are right the text of the thread is vague

One bookie-not named

bookie-
- not identified as internet or otherwise

once took--was it the bookie or the phone line or some other intervening circumstance

seemingly--highly subjective by the author

if the bet went against them
--perhaps the odds were suspended as happens always with corners in soccer for example

I used very small stakes after the first case
--no mention of what happened in the second case---

in play bet
--no mention of game type

Sounds like a dream to me-- a made up fallacy
By:
Joel
When: 02 Mar 17 04:27
You dont need to ring up to bet in play from most countries.
By:
henryluca
When: 02 Mar 17 04:33
Yes you are right again Joel

The thread text does not indicate if it is 'ring up' or click

Well spotted
By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 02 Mar 17 12:14
It was the internet, on the tennis, and several times I clocked it over 20 seconds and once over 30 seconds, with bets being denied after the time if the subsequent points had gone my way and accepted if they had not (despite the odds changing drastically against my bet). Wondering if anyone else had experienced this. I've had it at two bookmakers and am surprised I've not heard of it before, seems clear to me the trader is just biding their time and waiting to accept and reject the bet based on what happens in the next moments of play.
By:
bingo bongo
When: 02 Mar 17 14:28
Which bookies? In my experience there are hardly any worth looking at to bet in play on tennis anyway.
By:
ridiculously
When: 18 Mar 17 01:36
It´s a common practice of a lot of bookies.

To name some i just remember:
10Bet - I used them lightyears ago and they gave me a 90 seconds inplay delay
Victor Chandler - Also lightyears ago - also about 90 seconds inplay delay
Betonline: Currently 25-30 seconds inplay delay.

and so on....
By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 18 Mar 17 04:26
Yeah, I opened up a sunbet today just for the craic and it timed for 2 minutes on me backing no goal and then declined, scandalous as I should imagine the trader would have accepted had a goal lapsed in this time frame. Might signal this to the governing bodies as it's clearly malpractice. Bets should be accepted or denied within 5 seconds, but 120 seconds is scandalous.
By:
Charkitz
When: 19 Mar 17 07:51
TAB New Zealand are known to do this, I posted a thread on this a few years back. Sometimnes they'd wait nearly a minute to accept or decline an in-play bet

Not only that, but when a game is all over they'll continue to take bets on the losing team. Atleast Oz TAB don't stoop that low. Atleast I've never seen them do it
By:
razz
When: 22 Mar 17 11:36

Mar 19, 2017 -- 1:51AM, Charkitz wrote:

TAB New Zealand are known to do this, I posted a thread on this a few years back. Sometimnes they'd wait nearly a minute to accept or decline an in-play betNot only that, but when a game is all over they'll continue to take bets on the losing team. Atleast Oz TAB don't stoop that low. Atleast I've never seen them do it

TAB in australia are dire, I'm amazed people ever bet with them. the juice they take out of the lines is beyond insane, I was glad the bottlo was literally next door to go buy 5 litres of wine for $10.

By:
Dav_vin03
When: 24 Mar 17 14:47
By:
starship
When: 29 Mar 17 10:37
rung up tote and asked for £400 to £100 a greyhound.
while waiting for a reply the dog went from 4/1 to 5/2 and the hare was running, still no reply.
i put the phone down.
dog got beat and they took the £100 out of my account.
i rung up customer service and his reply staggered me,
he said, i had asked for the bet and if was up them whether they took the bet or not with no time limit.
so i said if they wanted to accept the bet after the dog got beat, thats was ok.
he replied ...YES.
after a few phone calls i got my money back, but they would not admit that they were wrong
By:
PeteTheBloke
When: 29 Mar 17 19:02
I have a rule: never bet against someone who already knows the outcome.

That means (among others)
- no Eurovision song contest (not near the time, anyway)
- no snooker
- no in-play with bookies (they take as long as they want and you're jiggered by the time they accept)
- no darts
- no late bets on TV contests

Disappointingly, even the last royal baby market showed signs that the result was known before the
announcement (and this was after the Queen mum passed on, gawd bless her).
By:
dave1357
When: 29 Mar 17 19:16
This issue just demonstrates how clueless the gambling commission is.  A licensee should not be able to offer a discretionary in play bet.  They should have a system in place something like betfair where betting is suspended or bets are accepted.  If they don't have the infrastructure to do that, they shouldn't be allowed to offer in play bets.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com