Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
liquidity73
03 Jan 17 12:38
| Topic/replies: 6 | Blogger: liquidity73's blog
Simple question - Should I be getting any betfair points from a straight single losing lay ?

My reading of the help topics is that any bet (other than multiples) whether winning or losing gives you betfair points from the commission paid (winning) or implied commission (losing)
Pause Switch to Standard View Betfair Points from a losing single...
Show More
Report DStyle January 3, 2017 4:50 PM GMT
yes, to the value of your exposure.
Report liquidity73 January 3, 2017 6:59 PM GMT
Thats what I thought. But I have received no points for a losing lay earlier today and when questioning this with support they are have stated -

"I've checked on this for you with a shift lead and commission points are awarded only when the bet wins"

and then when I questioned this they said :

"I've been informed that implied commission applies to markets which customers trade in, straight single bets have no commission incurred"

and

"In order receive Betfair points on a losing bet, you need to have traded in, which is how cash out works on Exchange."

Which tbh makes very little sense to me and I see nothing about this on the help pages.

They have sent me a further mail saying -

"As per our previous conversation, I have chased up this issue with the promotions team and the Exchange tam. I have been informed that Commission points is applied only for winning bets. For losing bets, you get implied commission - which is the commission you would have received had you won the bet. Now, the implied commission can eventually build up to affect your discount rate, even though that is based on the actual commission points which you've won. However, there won't be any actual commission points applied for losing bets"

All this seems to completely contradict the help pages at https://en-betfair.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/413 and https://en-betfair.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/385/c/483/kw/points

Before I lose my rag with them can I double confirm that if I place one lay on a horse and it loses I should be getting Betfair Points added to my Points total for the implied commission of the losing lay ?
Report Latalomne January 3, 2017 7:08 PM GMT
You absolutely do get points in losing markets.  The only time you wouldn't is if your loss was so small that it wouldn't generate 10p's worth of implied commission.
Report liquidity73 January 3, 2017 7:15 PM GMT
Yeah it was couple of hundred quid lose so should generate circa 100 betfair points from what I calculate

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll proceed with a more strongly worded reply now :-)
Report PeteTheBloke January 3, 2017 8:41 PM GMT
I don't know what other people have experienced recently, but BF's service standards seem to have dropped radically recently.
I think I'll start a thread, for the crack. Most of my emails have been answered by the tea-boy or the work experience student
in the last few months.
Report Latalomne January 3, 2017 8:50 PM GMT
You only have to read the replies liquidity73 has received above to see that....  Sad
Report PeteTheBloke January 3, 2017 8:53 PM GMT
You only have to read the replies liquidity73 has received above to see that....  Sad

Fair point, but there were always eejits. Usually, if you persevered you could get someone with a bit of sense
in the end. I wonder if that's a thing of the past now. That the only people there are stone-walling binlids.
Report DStyle January 7, 2017 4:38 PM GMT
1st line support for the exchange should understand the basics of the commission system.

it's all explained here:

https://en-betfair.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/413

i'd stop wasting your time dealing with 1st line, unless there's a mistake on your account.
Report DStyle January 7, 2017 4:41 PM GMT
sorry, i see you already posted this link.

that's how it works, the 1st line guy doesn't understand it.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com