Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
VANTERHEYDEN
01 Dec 16 17:10
| Topic/replies: 1 | Blogger: VANTERHEYDEN's blog
So you can see a price trading as it flashes yellow.    Now why am I being put to the back of the queue despite waiting for the price longer? 
I place a £50 bet on the screen at 7.0 

Eventually £30 gets filled..  Then i keep seeing the price trade at 7.0 as its flashing... But the rest of my balance is not trading!?  What the hell is up with this?  I know having seen this so many times that someone is able to jump the queue.  And this is highly unethical. How is this able to happen?
Pause Switch to Standard View Being first in the queue and then...
Show More
Report Barton Bank December 1, 2016 5:14 PM GMT
I don't know. But when you are betting against people using robots it is a hazard of the job.
Report bettinghelp December 2, 2016 2:30 PM GMT
I posted the below on another forum over 2 years ago when I first noticed it. I'm told it's due to betfair's cross-matching bot, and from hundreds, if not thousands, of similar observations, I believe it's the explanation. Phantom bets get filled before real ones.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:55 pm

I see this happening with surprising frequency pre-off. I've submitted a lay, let's say at 2.82, and I know I'm at or very near near the front of the queue. The price comes to my level, and hey, I'm gonna get matched, right? Wrong! Hundreds trade at my price but I don't get matched. What happens next?
Report roache December 3, 2016 9:55 PM GMT
Sometimes i have posted a lay on in running football and noticed its 1st in the queue at that particular price on the back side as it is the only money available at the price i have input then suddenly the market changes and my price appears in the lay side meaning i should be instantly matched at that price either fully or partial yet bizzarely no monies of mine are matched but i see that monies are matched at that price,i would say this has only happened on a handful of occasions during the last 2 years and only since they changed the exchange platform but it leads to distrust.
Report pxb December 4, 2016 11:06 PM GMT
I'm told it's due to betfair's cross-matching bot,

That never used to be the case. Real money always got matched before cross matched money.

Recently I've been suspicious that some people are now jumping the FIFO queue. Presumably bf traders.
Report Latalomne December 5, 2016 7:23 AM GMT
Is the money definitely being matched?  It definitely appears to be the ploy of some bot operators to keep reducing the amounts of cash they make available at a price to draw punters in.  If you then check the graph, nothing new has actually been matched at that price.
Report DStyle December 5, 2016 10:09 AM GMT
you'll either get the answer from betfair (you'll need to persevere to get it escalated to someone who can give you a proper answer) , or you'll need to run some millisecond monitoring via the API with virtual bets off.
Report pxb December 5, 2016 11:51 PM GMT
This is the only reference to FIFO in the bf T&Cs,

Where an SP is equal to the price limit specified by customers, those bets will be included based on the time they were submitted, on a first come, first served basis as is the existing convention for other Exchange bets.

There is no reference to exchange bets being matched on a FIFO basis, and I'm pretty sure there used to be.
Report longbridge December 6, 2016 4:11 PM GMT
@OP

The price flashing doesn't mean any money's being matched.  The price will flash if the amount of money available changes in either direction, so if someone's bot is putting up money behind yours and tearing it down constantly, you'll see flashing.

The smoking gun would be to look at the amount matched at your price once that first £30 has been matched (on the price ladder on the market graph or yank it off the API of you'd rather).  If that amount were to increase without any of your remaining £20 being matched, then you'd have good reason to believe you were queue-jumped.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com