Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Golden Fleece
29 Oct 16 11:55
| Topic/replies: 394 | Blogger: Golden Fleece's blog
After almost forty years, I can confirm that the methods put forward by VDW do work.It took me a long long time of painstaking research, but last year I finally solved ALL the puzzle,and the benefits accrued since have made the needless frustration worthwhile.
Pause Switch to Standard View The VDW Methodology.
Show More
Report raspberrybottom October 29, 2016 1:37 PM BST
Blimey!

If it works for you then make your fortune, matey!

Good luck!
Report raspberrybottom October 29, 2016 1:42 PM BST
I looked at the Van der Wheil
stuff for a long, long time and liked a lot of it.
Might take another look - was a bit different back then.

So, as I say, good luck, and don't forget to pm me to pass it on after you've
made a mint and retired!
Report freddiewilliams October 29, 2016 2:30 PM BST
glad u never gave up......please reveal all to save me a lot of time
Report freddiewilliams October 29, 2016 2:30 PM BST
what are u typing about.....
Report Sunset Cristo October 31, 2016 9:47 AM GMT
http://racetipsuk.tripod.com/van_der_wheil_method.htm
Report Sunset Cristo October 31, 2016 9:52 AM GMT
the last time i looked into the VDW method some years ago,myself and some others on Gummy racing debated about the VDW method for months. what was discussed then was that one of the persons on the group had been able to locate the individual who had wrote the letters about the VDW method all those years ago and that is was a fraud. not that i'm saying it was or not. perhaps if you have cracked the method GF you could post some selections up in advance and settles this debate once and for all?
Report sean rua November 6, 2016 8:46 PM GMT
Good luck to the OP if he can make it pay, but
I remember what Sunset Cristo said.

It didn't seem that good in those days ( gummy) and, certainly, I, for one, had no luck with it.

Those who could get it to work, just said that I didn't do it right, and that I didn't identify the "winner in the race" etc.
At one stage, somebody suggested that Hall or vdw must have been suggesting some sort of grand dutching system. This didn't seem right to me, as we were supposed to eliminate "conflict" or "confusion" in the race, if I remember correctly.

At present, I have stumbled on a fluky ridiculous selection method that consistently throws up four winners a meeting ( AW only). Sometimes the prices are good which is very important as I back two runners in each race.
In fact, I badly need a sensible staking plan to eliminate waste, and so I'm opening a new thread on here, hoping to get a few sensible ideas and pointers.
Btw, it's nothing to do with vdw; it's a thousand times easier.
Report raspberrybottom November 7, 2016 8:06 PM GMT
Trialled something for the last few weeks

55 bets, 19 winners - so strike rate is pretty good!

Worst priced winner 4/7
Best priced winner 9/1
Various prices in between.

Just over 30 points up to level stakes. So, have I cracked it?

Nope. This sort of thing happens quite often I find. But then it does peter out.

Still, I've made a few quid! Happy
Report sean rua November 8, 2016 11:33 AM GMT
Well done, raspberry!

Long may it continue!

I wouldn't think it was vdw -related, was it?
Report sean rua November 8, 2016 11:35 AM GMT
That daft thing I'm doing is more a steady drip, but it's filling rather than emptying.
Your SR is very good at present.
Report raspberrybottom November 9, 2016 5:59 PM GMT
No. Not VDW-related, Sean.

The thing is (imo), if you find something that you think "works",
then get some money down asap!

Things tend to even out (or the edge you've found dissolves)
and it's over - leading to more "tweaking", etc. So make a few bob while you can!
Report sean rua November 10, 2016 9:29 AM GMT
Totally agree, raspberry!

'Tis a "get it while ye can" world for people like me.

Years ago, when I dabbled with the vdw stuff ( inexpertly), I think it would have been too long-term for me, even if I had understood it.
I have more of a "smash and grab and run" mentality!

The "daft method" hit the buffers at Kempton yesterday , yielding only two winners. It just about scraped a profit on a "stop at a winner" basis ( much frowned upon by most "experts").

A bit like catching rabbits; I'd need to decide whether I want to set a lot of traps and then forget about them till later, or, whether I'm going to have to commit to being actually dealing with the situation race by race.
Report Arklearkle November 14, 2016 3:02 PM GMT
It has been suggested that the guy who edited the forum in the handicap book at that time, and who sold a number of books on the subject, was the only one to make money on the VDW system.
Report sean rua November 14, 2016 6:14 PM GMT
Yes, I've heard that, Arklearkle.
'Tis ages since I was interested in the method, but I recall some guy called Hall seemed to feature.

What really put me off was when , though some pretended to have met a man "with a German (sic) accent" there was never any grave and, to top it all, somebody well up in it, stated that there actually never was a vdw.

No doubt, this will be refuted by somebody before long.

The thing seems to arouse great passion. All I can say is that my attempts to make my understanding of the method failed badly. Good luck to any who can make it pay!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com