Forums

General Betting

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pmbets
21 Aug 16 20:12
| Topic/replies: 5,930 | Blogger: pmbets's blog
In the early mid 2000,s a little horse racing meeting called Great Lakes Downs a small meeting like Ruidoso downs
we used to match about £250,000 on Race 1 at GLD.
Now £287 totally illiquid market is matched 10 years later due to PC Betfair Tax .
DISGRACEFUL BETFAIR and I spent 1000,s of my free time helping your share price high and letting the pioneers cash out yet you
leave this one great exchange A PILE OF RUBBLE.

Shame on you Betfair.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 17
By:
stu
When: 22 Aug 16 00:40
I would agree about the decline, but not recent thing for the yank racing pmbets?
By:
chrisblues
When: 22 Aug 16 16:01
skool hols
By:
TheFear
When: 23 Aug 16 12:03
They need to bite the bullet and do a REAL test on whether the PC is making a difference. Reduced PC on the US Open (set betting) and Latin American racing Cry aren't going to prove very much either way,,,
By:
chrisblues
When: 23 Aug 16 13:33
love great lakes downs why it not on here ?
By:
Johnny The Guesser
When: 24 Aug 16 07:41
Why on earth would you spend  "1000,s of your free time helping the share price higher "?
By:
pmbets
When: 24 Aug 16 16:14
Because we grow the business from Day 1 on the absolute understanding that we were building an exchange against the bookmaker.Not only to change into a bookmaker
but change into a corporate monster that so many hate.
The share price grow and the exchange changed into a bookie with an exchange ,that is more like a fruit machine as a sideline.
So many of us was deceived. We didnt care for the share price we only care for an exchange that was making a profit and employing many people.
Everyone was happy.
Now we have an iliquid monopolistic exchange.
I was there from day one and spoke the hundreds of betfair insider.
I know were all the skeletons are buried buy I cannot tell you more as I am one of the skeletons.

Anyway lets hope Betfair wake up and help the exchange as I am annoyed.WE NEED MORE LIQIDITY BETFAIR please.
Help the exchange a little otherwise we will see a new exchange which we will all get on board and leave betfair forever.
By:
pmbets
When: 24 Aug 16 16:24
We all need to focus on increasing liquidity.Everything else is noise.
By:
Barton Bank
When: 24 Aug 16 17:03
The opening post will probably be applicable to UK racing in 10-15 years time.
By:
pmbets
When: 24 Aug 16 17:11
wow.I don't follow UK racing.Is it in bad decline?
Have the cheaters been removed by HRA/Betfair?
By:
Barton Bank
When: 24 Aug 16 20:24
Above post probably an exaggeration as to the scale but yes the markets/liquidity are in an inexorable process of decline.
By:
Johnny The Guesser
When: 24 Aug 16 20:25
So you spent 1000's of your free time helping yourself to as much mug money as you could , and are now spouting off because that hasn't been allowed to continue for ever. Did you really think it would ?

" WE NEED MORE LIQUIDITY BETFAIR "   >>>>>  Why not ask ?......  " Please allow the mugs to bet with us Betfair. Please ! " - It ain't going to happen.

Be thankful for what you had - the game has moved on.
By:
CONER
When: 25 Aug 16 20:08
WEST HAM GAME  LIQIDITY VERY POOR BUT PROB BECOURSE IN THERE WISDOM THERE IS 7 SECOND DELAY INSTEAD OF 5,WAKE UP BETFAIR
By:
pmbets
When: 26 Aug 16 00:27
Liquidity is liquidity Johnny never mug money.
By:
vic
When: 26 Aug 16 12:58
pmbets, I also believe there is false liquidity as well in a lot of lower class Events as it is just churned over and over by just a few people.
By:
Ghetto Joe
When: 28 Aug 16 18:31
I gave up betting on the USA racing  as the start times are so random, I'd imagine the decline of the US markets isn't solely down to PC charges.
By:
PLEASE TELL THE TRUTH
When: 17 Oct 16 15:58
I used to have friends around a few times a week all betting on american racing, the days of 100k plus matched per race. similarly watching the football, rugby etc !!! when PC kicked in my friends bet elsewhere as the fear of winning and being charged for the privilege seemed absurd as was opening an account. Many posters / traders expressed this view time and time again for years, nothing was done, so liquidity naturally declined on many events. P/c or highly inflated commission structures are here to stay, hence why matchbook has seen significant growth over the past few years to maybe rival the betfair exchange in the forth coming years.
By:
Binomial
When: 17 Oct 16 16:24
You spent a load of time helping Betfair's share price increase? I assume you have a large amount of shares in your portfolio?
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com