Forums

General Betting

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Yellow Snow
04 Apr 16 16:06
| Topic/replies: 63 | Blogger: Yellow Snow's blog
Hi,

I'm aware of the palpable error excuse that bookies use but I've been basically robbed by them for a bet on the novice rider Pawi yesterday. He was consistently over 200/1 before the race with other bookies and PP had him at 500/1 for the win. So I put £20ew on him before morning warm up. Just so happens my bet was accepted and he was then 1sec faster per lap in warm up than the rest. Obviously his odds tumbled and 50/1 was seen after warm up. Remember though, I bet before all this. He started the race around 14/1 with PP. I can't get any info from odds checkers for before the race but doing a google for 'Pawi bet Moto3 Argentina' shows lots of old pre race odds over 200/1 (but the pages have expired). I've emailed the independent regulator but just found out they're paid for by bookies so that's not great.

Lot of money involved for little old me here. It's not like he was a fav and they messed up his odds but that's what they're hiding behind. They paid me on the lower odds even though they admitted they put him up originally at 250/1 on 1st April!
Pause Switch to Standard View Robbed for outsider bet
Show More
Report 18-5 April 5, 2016 3:03 AM BST
April fools?????
Report CLYDEBANK29 April 5, 2016 9:40 AM BST
There is no way in a million years that PP would lay a bet with a liability of £10,000 on a Moto GP race unless your name was Wayne Rooney.  You'd be lucky to get them to lay a bet to win a £100.
Report hectoratoratora April 5, 2016 9:43 AM BST
Bookies still hide behind the palp rule even though bets are now legally enforceable contracts (assuming bet in UK).Imo you have 2 choices
1 Stick to your guns and tell then that unless they pay out at 500/1 you will see them in court.Dont be put off if they quote some of their rules at you over this.Remember if the law gives you rights PP cannot take them away. Offer to give them 14 days to pay.
2 If you acquiesce to the palp rule  tell them you want the industry normal price at the time your bet was struck ie 200/1 +
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com